Foes move to recall mayor who posted ...

Foes move to recall mayor who posted pictures of herself in lin...

There are 30 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jan 30, 2008, titled Foes move to recall mayor who posted pictures of herself in lin.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Opponents of a small-town eastern Oregon mayor who created a buzz with scantily clad pictures of herself on MySpace have collected enough signatures to force a recall vote.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wow

United States

#1 Jan 30, 2008
anyone found this on myspace yet?
Sun Sentinel Reader

Pompano Beach, FL

#2 Jan 30, 2008
I saw this report on 20/20 and all I have to say is that the people that want to remove her as mayor should get a life. She looks like she is in a bathing suit in the photo and nothing is revealed except a super toned body.
The women that want her to resign are just extremely jealous.
be ashamed

Miami, FL

#3 Jan 30, 2008
jealously is so ugly...

recall her if she is doing a bad job..but not because she "LOOKS GOOD"

come on people dont we have something better to do with our life then to complain about pictures or her myspace page...
roswell630

Ocala, FL

#4 Jan 30, 2008
new attitude

Durham, NC

#5 Jan 30, 2008
I don't think she should be recalled either, however, she should remove the pic's now that she is Mayor. Body or not, she is not setting a good example for all the underage children on My Space that think posing in next to nothing is "cute"
Dakota

United States

#7 Jan 30, 2008
Am I to understand, that any American politician, will be disqualified if pic of them is shown, in "presentable" scanty clothing? I think some of the complainers, if their closets could be opened, would show them in a much less presentable manner, hmmm. If any of them went to the Carribbean, or such, on the beach, I am sure, their complaints would be disqualified in any courtroom. Many people who complain are usually complaining to draw attention away from themselves, veddy intersting.

Since: Jun 07

Miami, FL

#10 Jan 30, 2008
roswell630 wrote:
http://www.bumpshack.com/2008/ 01/10/carmen-kontur-gronquists -racy-myspace-photo/
good job, thx a lot
Geeezzzz

Chicago, IL

#11 Jan 30, 2008
I really don't see any problems with those pictures. There's more to this story...

Thanks for the link Roswell630

“MANGLER”

Since: Dec 06

Atlanta, GA / Seattle, WA

#12 Jan 30, 2008
Well her social like will jump start now for sure!
John McCain

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#13 Jan 30, 2008
Hot.
Official Decency

Miami, FL

#15 Jan 30, 2008
Excellent; a public figure especially a mayor should act and behave like a professional. As a public figure, actions are important especially in the open forum.

She should be impeached as it is a poor taste of character and judgment. She is a state official, not some typical skank.
Official Decency

Miami, FL

#16 Jan 30, 2008
WatchDog wrote:
so what, I don't know what she looks like but if she's decent what's the harm
The only harm would be a 200lb woman appearing scantly dressed on MySpace.Com .
Don't some of you people have anything better to do than to worry about a woman who happens to be a mayor wearing panties and a bra?
get a F**&*&* life!
Dear Genius or is it underdog?

This may sound a bit intellectual even for you, but a mayor is supposed to set an example for all including children and even dogs.

Go back to school.
ROADRUNNER

Clarksville, MD

#17 Jan 30, 2008
MEEP MEEEP!! Z z o o o o m !!!
Basher

Tucson, AZ

#18 Jan 30, 2008
Official Decency wrote:
Excellent; a public figure especially a mayor should act and behave like a professional. As a public figure, actions are important especially in the open forum.
She should be impeached as it is a poor taste of character and judgment. She is a state official, not some typical skank.
Go back to your Bible and mind your own business.

“FOBW since 2/18/88”

Since: Dec 06

Fort Lauderdale

#19 Jan 30, 2008
wow wrote:
anyone found this on myspace yet?
Not on myspace, but here's one of the photos (page down a couple times)

http://www.katu.com/news/local/13502667.html

We've seen an aging Aaanold (the governator) wearing a lot less than this in public (can someone please tell him 60+ year old men need to retire the speedo?)

Anyone care to wager that the people complaining are older women who aren't nearly as attractive as she is?(and before anyone accuse me of anything, I'm a 44 y/o woman)
John McCain

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#20 Jan 30, 2008
Official Decency wrote:
Sounds like someone didn't get a asked to the Homecoming dance.
running steer

Las Vegas, NV

#21 Jan 30, 2008
John McCain wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO !!!!!
real life

Pompano Beach, FL

#22 Jan 30, 2008
Been there done that!
Billy Bob

Reseda, CA

#23 Jan 30, 2008
John McCain wrote:
<quoted text>
Who? You. Did you get asked to ANY dance?
John McCain is right.
LANTANA JIM

Wilmington, MA

#24 Jan 31, 2008
You can bet money that the folks that complained and signed the petition were all old fat and ugly

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gilliam County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police rescue kidnapped woman on Interstate 84 ... (Apr '16) Apr '16 kc7td 1
News Wind Turbines, the new icon of Pacific Northwes... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Coos bay is a Havoc 1
News Cottonwood Canyon State Park plan before state ... (Aug '11) Aug '11 sunnyDay 1
speed trap (May '11) May '11 jim holloway 1
John Henry Dutton and LIllie Belle Clark (Dec '09) Dec '09 Reva Moen 1
News Port, tribes battle over port site (Jul '08) Oct '09 Sarah Hamlin 4
News MySpace mayor recall? (Feb '08) Feb '08 Evans from Oregon 1
More from around the web