Second Suspect Arrested In Giles County Murders

Nov 6, 2009 Full story: WTVF Nashville 53

Authorities in Giles County have arrested and charged a second 18-year-old suspect in the murder of a Pulaski family last month.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
get with the program

Poughkeepsie, NY

#1 Nov 7, 2009
So you people say about william don't let that face fool you.well what about this losers face matt.smiling in his mugshot.he lookes satisfied that he accomplished what he wanted to do.murder 3 innocent people and take another INNOCENT person down with him.william di not deserve to be brought into this crazy persons world.just look into this boys eyes and smile he is the cold blooded murderer like charlie manson............
excuse me

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#2 Nov 9, 2009
You get a grip! Who do you think you are? Let me see you on extreme pain medication...he didn't even know where he was! You can see on the side of his face where he had been sleeping in the car from the medication he was administered to be able to make the ride
Ask William's ex how 'nice' he is...bet you didnt know he beat her up st the fair this year?
Save your judgements!
get with the program

Poughkeepsie, NY

#3 Nov 9, 2009
who do i think i am? I am someone who knows william very very well.Do i believe he beat up his girlfriend nope not a chance.what i believe is that he was dragged into something he knew nothing about and now he is paying for mathews stupidness.another thing,MAYBE william may have fought with his girlfriend but at least he was not obsessed with her and killed innocent people over it.I do have a heart and feel for the victoms familys and feel for the innocent ones(WILLIAM)so excuse me..........
excuse me

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#4 Nov 9, 2009
I know Matt better than you can possibly know William but at least I am not in denial! william did beat her up... you know them so well go talk to her...i will not post her name out of respect for her but you should know who she is

get your head out of the sand!
get with the program

Poughkeepsie, NY

#5 Nov 10, 2009
I Have Known WILLIAM Since He Was Born OK And PERSONALLY If You Have Known Him That Long YOU Would Know There Is Noway He Did ANYTHING WRONG. He Is INNOCENT So Keep Talking WHatever You Want.WHen Its All Said And Done You Will See He Is INNOCENT.
excuse me

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#6 Nov 10, 2009
get with the program wrote:
who do i think i am? I am someone who knows william very very well.Do i believe he beat up his girlfriend nope not a chance.what i believe is that he was dragged into something he knew nothing about and now he is paying for mathews stupidness.another thing,MAYBE william may have fought with his girlfriend but at least he was not obsessed with her and killed innocent people over it.I do have a heart and feel for the victoms familys and feel for the innocent ones(WILLIAM)so excuse me..........
This is "Excuse Me's Daughter" and for someone who really believes that William is so innocent why was he in a situation as this to begin with. He was not forced, threatened, or bribed to do anything. Matthew if "guilty of these crimes which I doubt, as I to have known one of the suspects his entire life..Matthew Woods. And just so everyone knows a little more about Matt's personality, he was not the type of guy to get jealous and go after the "guy" (who was a friend of his)who went after his girl. He is not insecure, unsure, and has no lack in confidence. If anything Matt would have just went out and made the girl jealous and moved on with someone else. This would be no problem for a guy like Mathew, he is a good looking, self-assured, and fun guy. Girls fall all over themselves for guys like Mathew. So why go to such extremes for someone that he now believed was a wh*re. No guy with his type of personality acts with this type of insecurity and rage. If anything guys like Mathew find another girl to hang all over him, and just from the times he has visited me and my family during their relationship she was the insecure and jealous type. Mathew couldn't ever enjoy his vacations down here because he had to be on the phone with her the entire trip otherwise she would throw tantrums and ruin his vacation arguing with for hours on end. Mathews family and close friends, such as myself and the rest of my family, have nothing but remorse for the victims and their friends and relatives who have been affected by this tragedy and just want to get to the bottom of this investigation. There are so many stories going around when the fact is until all facts are out no one knows what or who they are speaking with at this point in time. Like I said I have known Mathew and his family his entire life and saw him not even a couple of months ago. While he was here there was nothing but fun, laughter, and a sweet boy who has now started to grow into a man.The young man I have known all these years would not have the ability to act in such hatred and violence. Classmates want to say he had a temper, but what young man doesn't a times, that does not mean you are capable of murder. That temper is nothing more than a guy in high school trying to act tough to impress others at times. I do not know the other boy involved so I can not say what he is capable or not capable of doing. But I do know Mathew and I know that this situation is so far from what anyone who knows him personally would have ever expected. I will believe in his innocence until proven guilty and even then I do not think that there is any evidence that could change my opinion on that.
GET REAL

Huntsville, AL

#7 Nov 11, 2009
They are both guilty of murder- PERIOD! defend them if you want.... it doesnt bother me that you are ignorant. They are locked up for MURDER... your taking about the guy like he got caught with a bag of weed... not like he had a part in brutally killing a single mother and her 2 kids!!! I seriously cant fault people for standing by their friends and loved ones.... but lets be real and stop with all of the denial.... They are killers.... and deserve to be locked up for the rest of their natural days at eh VERY least... I do feel for the families of the idiots.... but i have NO remorse for the killers.... I truly hope that they recieve the death penalty... 3 innocent people died all because of a couple of hoodlums... they might not have ALWAYS been hoodlums... but thats what they wound up being... As far as people saying that the 1st suspect is innocent... BULL CRAP!!! I have usually tend to believe that CONFESSIONS mean something..... when the accused confirms instead of denies.... my verdict is passed.... GUILTY AS HELL!!!!
Think About it

Clarksville, TN

#8 Nov 15, 2009
They both suffered from burns, which means they were both at the scence of the crime, which means they are both responsible for the lives of those people. It doesn't matter who was "in charge" or whose idea it was. They both had the opportunity to put a stop to what was happening, and they both need to live with the tragedy that they caused. They need to face reality and face the consequences. The same goes for you people, who keep defending them. No one can imagine a loved one committing such a brutal act. Most people could never do such a thing, but the fact is that sometimes, people go crazy, and do crazy things, and sometimes, situations just get out of hand. The fact that these boys were involved in this brutal crime doesnt mean that they have been "serial killers" all of their lives. Not everyone who commits murder walks around with a hockey mask and a chainsaw. You need to stop thinking that it is impossible that they are responsible for this. What other explanations do you have? I would LOVE to hear it! Were they just randomly playing with fire out in a field at 1 am on the night of the murders? No... They were up to no good, and it ended with the untimely deaths of 3 people who did not deserve to die. Come back to reality and prepare yourselves for these boys to be prosecuted. It is inevitable.
Rae

Nashville, TN

#9 Nov 15, 2009
excuse me wrote:
You get a grip! Who do you think you are? Let me see you on extreme pain medication...he didn't even know where he was! You can see on the side of his face where he had been sleeping in the car from the medication he was administered to be able to make the ride
Ask William's ex how 'nice' he is...bet you didnt know he beat her up st the fair this year?
Save your judgements!
SAVE YOUR JUDGEMENTS!??? WHAT? Are we supposed to feel sorry for this demon? He did not deserve to be relieved of any pain and shouldn't have been given any pain medicine in the first place! His victims weren't given than opportunity now were they? No they weren't and because of this monster they suffered immense pain!!! I can't believe people are defending this demon!
jdh

Chattanooga, TN

#10 Nov 17, 2009
I hope they both get the death and burn in hell.
notignorant

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#11 Nov 17, 2009
I never once stated that these boys were saints or that there had been no crime or any devastation caused by actions still unknown that night. I have nothing but sincere sympathy for everyone hurt by the deaths of these innocent parties, may they rest in piece. As you have said I can not believe and will not believe yet that there is not more to this story than being told and other circumstances will not come out throughout this process maybe giving some closure and understanding as to why this has happened. But I still wonder why the confession coming from William was confessed based only on the implication that Mathew had died that morning, so why wouldn't he go down and place blame on someone he believed to be dead
Think about it

Clarksville, TN

#12 Nov 23, 2009
notignorant wrote:
I never once stated that these boys were saints or that there had been no crime or any devastation caused by actions still unknown that night. I have nothing but sincere sympathy for everyone hurt by the deaths of these innocent parties, may they rest in piece. As you have said I can not believe and will not believe yet that there is not more to this story than being told and other circumstances will not come out throughout this process maybe giving some closure and understanding as to why this has happened. But I still wonder why the confession coming from William was confessed based only on the implication that Mathew had died that morning, so why wouldn't he go down and place blame on someone he believed to be dead
Maybe William was afraid of Matthew, and didn't want to come forward until he thought there was nothing Matthew could do about it. Matthew is the one who has the motive (whether it was a stupid motive or not) to commit the crime, not William. It seems to me like Matthew wanted to get revenge on Jerrod, and William was just along for the ride. It probably started out as something much less serious and escaladed to what it turned out to be. Like I said before, who was in charge, and whose idea it was has absolutely nothing to do with it. The fact of the matter is that they were both most definitely involved in some way, shape , or form, and they both will be treated as if they are each equally responsible. If Matthew is the one who ultimately killed those people, that means William stood by and let it happen, and vice versa. If William killed them, then Matt stood by and let it happen. Either way, they are both responsible, and they should both be punished. They deserve what they get, and I hope they get what they deserve.
A person for the family

AOL

#13 Nov 26, 2009
I think that both boys are at fault one way or another but i feel that the media has made things way out of control. especially now that they have released the warrent and statements. Last Names and street names and numbers should of been blacked out. The family of those boys didnt do the crime they did. revenge to them would be so wrong. They dont need others harassing them for what the boys did or not did. I think it was wrong to give out that info... that should of come out in court not the news
notignorant

Freeport, FL

#14 Nov 29, 2009
I really hope that everyone who has been so judgemental realizes that these are just boys we are talking about and when posts about their punishments and the dealth penalty get brought up we all need to seriously consider something this tramatic happenening to one of our families or friends. How can we expect anything less fromthe people who know these two boys, of course they are going to jump to their defense. If it was any of your children or loved ones wouldnt you do the same? of course you would because it is in human nature to defend the ones we care about. and how could anyone expect those that loved the victims to be anything but hurt and upset wanting the worst possible punishments for those that were involved in the murder of the three. I know I would lash out and want the people involved to pay as well. But we have to understand both sides and try to forgive and move on as well. Now for those on hear writting that are not comected to either side writting their opinions, its just wrong. how can you judge anyone for feeling the way they are feeling. this situation is not easy on anyone and wont ever be. many lives are runined because of this tradgedy and not those of the victims but all parties involved on both sides. Have some respect and leave all the acqusitions to rest. No one really knows what happened that night or why. No one knows how this situation was started all anyone knows are little details blown up into possible motives. There may not have been a motive. Terrible accidents happen all the time. Accidents that cost lives. I am not saying these accidents dont ruin lives nor hurt any less, but how much someone is hurt and how much damage is done does not mean there was motive or intent. It just means innocent people are now paying and no one wants that.
pulaskiresident

Lebanon, TN

#15 Jan 19, 2010
Well, after the indictments were handed down yesterday, I hope they BOTH get the death penalty and taxpayer dollars are not wasted on keeping these 2 alive for the next 50 years, the victims didn't have a chance to live a long life, and neither should these two. If they do indeed get the death penalty, they should just go ahead and do it!

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp...
youllbesurprised

Pelham, AL

#16 Jan 20, 2010
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe William was afraid of Matthew, and didn't want to come forward until he thought there was nothing Matthew could do about it. Matthew is the one who has the motive (whether it was a stupid motive or not) to commit the crime, not William. It seems to me like Matthew wanted to get revenge on Jerrod, and William was just along for the ride. It probably started out as something much less serious and escaladed to what it turned out to be. Like I said before, who was in charge, and whose idea it was has absolutely nothing to do with it. The fact of the matter is that they were both most definitely involved in some way, shape , or form, and they both will be treated as if they are each equally responsible. If Matthew is the one who ultimately killed those people, that means William stood by and let it happen, and vice versa. If William killed them, then Matt stood by and let it happen. Either way, they are both responsible, and they should both be punished. They deserve what they get, and I hope they get what they deserve.
Just because the press has put out one motive doesn't mean that athorities don't know more than they do. William HATED Jared and I mean HATED. Matt was upset with a friend but William had Hatred for Jerrod.
youllbesurprised

Pelham, AL

#17 Jan 20, 2010
pulaskiresident wrote:
Well, after the indictments were handed down yesterday, I hope they BOTH get the death penalty and taxpayer dollars are not wasted on keeping these 2 alive for the next 50 years, the victims didn't have a chance to live a long life, and neither should these two. If they do indeed get the death penalty, they should just go ahead and do it!
http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp...
Indictments don't mean guilt!!!!!! Problem with this case will be getting a fair trial. Everyone should remember that Pulaski is home to Klu Klux Klan which I guess explains why the families of these two boys have been threatened and have had to leave their hames for fear of their lives. They were home sleeping like the rest of you in Pulaski. When has GIles county ever been a nonjudgemental fair place for citizens...if your black you should die and if you are charged you are guilty... join the rest of the world and learn the laws... not guilty til proven guilty!
pulaskiresident

Lebanon, TN

#18 Jan 20, 2010
I do not understand what the KKK has to do with this AT ALL! And you are right, we will see, funny how some confessions have been made, and the warrants are posted online for the world to see. I just hope the Thornton family gets some justice here. Actually I do know one of the families involved, and I still say death penalty..... Those of you taking up for these 2 cold blooded killers make me SICK! What if it were your family, would you feel the same way, your 9 year old child, your 16 year old child, and an innocent woman would you? And you are exactly right, they were SLEEPING in THEIR HOME. I cannot believe the ignorance on this forum.... seriously!

Maybe YOU should do some research on newschannel5.com , and read the warrants and confession. I realize this is a media station, but, alot of what is on here I believe to be true.
youllbesurprised

Pelham, AL

#19 Jan 20, 2010
pulaskiresident wrote:
I do not understand what the KKK has to do with this AT ALL! And you are right, we will see, funny how some confessions have been made, and the warrants are posted online for the world to see. I just hope the Thornton family gets some justice here. Actually I do know one of the families involved, and I still say death penalty..... Those of you taking up for these 2 cold blooded killers make me SICK! What if it were your family, would you feel the same way, your 9 year old child, your 16 year old child, and an innocent woman would you? And you are exactly right, they were SLEEPING in THEIR HOME. I cannot believe the ignorance on this forum.... seriously!
Maybe YOU should do some research on newschannel5.com , and read the warrants and confession. I realize this is a media station, but, alot of what is on here I believe to be true.
I have been privy to more information than the media thankyou and you are ignorant to believe everything you hear. And the KKK just shows how completely ignorant the citizens of Giles county have always been. They make a judgement without all the facts, leap to quick opinions, and enjoy brandishing their own form of justice with no trial... if you could you would go ahead and string these boys up from a tree and no trial has even occurred. How many blacks were strung up with no more than someone accusing them of something. It is crazy how 3 weeks ago the news said they killed and then went to a service station for fuel... now they say it was bought hours before the fire... which is it... but please believe everything you hear on the almighty channel 5 news because you know God speaks to them and has given them the facts.
Hope God doesn't prejudge you!
pulaskiresident

Lebanon, TN

#20 Jan 20, 2010
I look forward to the day I can get back on this forum and let everyone know that these two will not walk free.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Giles County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Convicted rapist faces new charges Aug '14 plb 1
Pulaski Man Arrested On Sex Charges Could Face ... (May '12) Apr '14 Sherry 9
Herbicides by PES (Aug '13) Aug '13 oldlady 1
Giles County man files $11M defamation suit (Jul '11) May '13 Almost over the hill 5
Doctor Suing City Of Pulaski After Traffic Stop (May '11) Feb '13 pissedgirl 10
Former Sheriff's Deputy Faces Court After Solic... (Dec '12) Dec '12 camerashy 2
Rolling Meth Lab Seized (Jan '08) Feb '12 TheVocalLocal 6
More from around the web