With Max having the problems between his neighbors and the activitites at his park, why can't he control things a little better and take the heat off?
If Max dosen't get a handle on this problem and our support in following the rules / laws, this park may become a thing of the past in George County.
Supervisor Henry Cochran is a big supporter of Max and his park. Having Henry on his side is like having the entire board in his pocket. So the threat of having the George County Board of Supervisors take action is only a threat. No action can be done without Henry allowing it. But on the other hand, at the State and Federal level. Not much support for Max from these folks.
Max needs to make it clear, no Alcohol / Beer /etc.. will be tolerated. ATV riders need to stay off the public roads, out of the creek beds and cut down on the late night riding that iterferes with the local residents. Check coolers at the gate, empty them of all alcohol prior to entry.
Just remember that REDCREEK OFFROAD is located in GEORGE COUNTY MS and it is a "DRY" County. That means no Alcohol permitted in the county at all. Not even at your private residence. Several riders received a ticket for Possession of alcohol in a dry county over the Labor Day Weekend, each ticket is about $200.00 and it is a jailable offense. A couple of participants were arrested while departing the park for DUI.
This shows that park participants are drinking to much while in the park. Not very helpful for Max when he is trying to get support for the park from George County Citizens and keeping Henry Cochran on his side. If he loses the support of Henry then it is all over. Yes Henry is the sole Voice for the George County Board of Supervisors. When Henry speaks, the 4 other board members only reply is "YES SIR".
Keep in mind that on the way to the park coming from the West, the road (Vestry RD) is surrounded by Federal Land and you may be stopped at a checkpoint and checked for alcohol by a Federal Foresty Enforcement Officer, then once you cross into George County you face the same possibility.
I know he can't control all the stupidity that goes on out their but, if the alcohol element is removed then we all know that this will cut down about 85% of stupid people behaving badly. The other 15% have no hope.
Is it possible to enjoy ATV's / 4X4's without alcohol? YES it is. I would personally rather bring my young children to an event without having the added stress of dealing with intoxicated drivers.
Looks like Max needs to hurry up and get the Park classified as a Resort. This will allieveate some of the issues of alcohol inside the park. Yes even in a Dry County it is possible to have a RESORT that allows Alcohol consumption. But you still will not be allowed on the public roads, intoxicated or with it in your possession.
Just remember, if the fun at Red Creek comes to a sudden end, We only have ourselves to blame for our behavior inside and outside the park.