Wet/Dry Vote Coming in Geneva County

Wet/Dry Vote Coming in Geneva County

There are 6 comments on the WTVY Dothan story from Oct 30, 2008, titled Wet/Dry Vote Coming in Geneva County. In it, WTVY Dothan reports that:

All of you have to do is drive in Geneva County and the signs next to the streets tell you an important vote is coming.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVY Dothan.

Lindsey

United States

#1 Nov 3, 2008
It would bring in money this town needs.
lamb

Chandler, AZ

#2 Nov 14, 2009
Do not need sales of alcohol in this county yet, please.
thank you
Jarod

Geneva, AL

#3 May 4, 2010
There has been a lot of talk the last few years about Geneva going wet. People who oppose it have their views, and people who support it have theirs. If you are old enough to vote then you are old enough to research the issue and form your own opinion. I for one do not drink. That doesn't mean that I don't see the need for more tax base here in Geneva. Any person driving on our roads can see that need. And yes, I am a Father and do have concerns about my kids growing up with easier access to liquor and beer. I have thought about this and liquor and beer are no different than the drugs that are everywhere we turn today. I will raise my kids the best way I know and tell them every chance I get about the dangers of drugs and alcohol. If more parents did this we might be better off anyway.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#4 May 16, 2010
I'm voting wet.
Jeanine

Newton, AL

#5 May 18, 2010
Jarod, I think you said that perfect!
Jarod

Geneva, AL

#6 May 20, 2010
Thanks Jeanine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Geneva County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News .. Person Found Dead in Malvern (May '16) May '16 January 1
Spenser Peters shot my boyfriend (Oct '15) Dec '15 yeah1 3
caught having sex with his wifes dog (Jun '15) Jun '15 Vigil 1
News Hartford Man Arrested on Rape First (Jan '15) Apr '15 dafam 2
Justice...? (Feb '11) Jan '15 Charlie 4
Complaints finally lead to raid on 'The Boom Bo... (Dec '14) Dec '14 betsy boles sextant 1
News Samson Police Department has Been Conducting Op... (Aug '14) Dec '14 even_stephens 2
More from around the web