Victorian Manor owned by Sunwest Mana...

Victorian Manor owned by Sunwest Management

Posted in the Genesee County Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Connie

United States

#1 Nov 14, 2007
God help us this company is in Batavia! Anyone wants to know more just email me [email protected] first google..sunwest management lawsuits 2007..very interesting! Want to know more? email me!
LAR

Rochester, NY

#2 Dec 6, 2007
I just happened upon your comment. I heard when they were heading your way. I also saw the job posting for the Administrators job before they even got there. What a nightmare this company is.
connie

United States

#3 Jan 8, 2008
When a person works for a company they expect to get paid...not have their check Bounce at the bank! The open door policy is a joke and the administrator Marcia Noonan is a lier and a cheat! This woman was bad before Sunwest took over and now she is worse!The poor residents are getting their rent raised again and this came from a friend of mine who is a resident there. Hope Sunwest will pay the construction company for the expansion going on there or else the mess may just stay as it is! I also understand that many properties that Sunwest owns are now up for sale at a big loss because they have no money! Just read the stories about money laundering going on you'll get the picture!
connie

United States

#4 Jan 9, 2008
I would like to add that Barb Dumbleton should have been the administrator of Victorian Manor! She did all Marcia Noonan's work anyway!
In it

Arlington, TX

#5 Jan 9, 2008
connie wrote:
I would like to add that Barb Dumbleton should have been the administrator of Victorian Manor! She did all Marcia Noonan's work anyway!
Are all of these properties you are commenting on outside of Texas?
connie

United States

#6 Jan 10, 2008
This property I speak about is in Batavia, New York! But all the problems are evident at all the properties owned by Sunwest .
Blessed

Albany, OR

#7 Feb 6, 2008
I have been reading the postings above and would like to make a comment that I have worked for Sunwest for the past 1 year and that I appreciate the opportunity I have been given. I can also tell you that my aunt and my grandmother live at a Sunwest community and I know first hand that they are vey well taken care of. I'm not sure what first hand experience is being put into these publishments but I am certain that there are a lot of people in the world that would rather believe the negative because it is more exciting rather than seek the truth. I can not speak for all Sunwest properties but I can tell you that I am very confident and comfortable with the placement of my family.
Ben

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Feb 8, 2008
I am an employee of sunwest for almost two years now. I dont think anyone can say that the company they work for is perfect, but you also have to keep in mind that isolated incidents can not speak for the entire company. The community I am at provides excellent service, and our staff are dedicated to the residents. Reading a rant from some disgruntled employee is a poor way to judge a company or its employees. Dont believe everything you hear.
Connie

United States

#9 Feb 10, 2008
Ben wrote:
I am an employee of sunwest for almost two years now. I dont think anyone can say that the company they work for is perfect, but you also have to keep in mind that isolated incidents can not speak for the entire company. The community I am at provides excellent service, and our staff are dedicated to the residents. Reading a rant from some disgruntled employee is a poor way to judge a company or its employees. Dont believe everything you hear.
Please google Sunwest and click on any link that says Topix!
Connie

United States

#10 Feb 10, 2008
Ben wrote:
Just google Sunwest and choose any link that says Topix! READ THEM!!!
Samuel

Salem, OR

#11 Feb 13, 2008
I agree with Ben and Blessed. Connie, which properties are for sale? I do not think ANY of them are. Sunwest treats me great and our facility is doing very well. Connie, perhaps you are not a good fit for the company. I would LOVE to hear the Sunwest side, and as we all know, there are always two sides of the story.
Samuel

Salem, OR

#12 Feb 13, 2008
PS. Connie, Google Sunwest Fraud and you will see the topic Sunwest EXONERATED! Sunwest lawsuits are all over and several years old? The lawsuits were either settled or thrown out!
Connie

United States

#13 Feb 15, 2008
Very nice! Try fixing all of the properties! You know people try their best at their job, never late, never absent, fills in for others when needed and when your paycheck is handed out you go to the bank and they hand your check back to you for insufficiant funds! A large company like Sunwest and no funds? Are we supposed to work for free? It took NYS to get after them for this and it still happens! Workers suspended production on a new expansion due to non payment! They are back at work now but come on! No open door policy either!
Samuel

Salem, OR

#14 Feb 15, 2008
Sorry about your paycheck. It must have been a big error, I hope they fixed it. Mine hasnever bounced. Try to talk to someone higher than your boss, there is a 800 number to call HR. My administrator listens to me and so does her boss. Good luck you you. Perhaps you should change facilities, but blaming all of Sunwest is unfair.

Since: Apr 08

United States

#15 Apr 1, 2008
Connie wrote:
God help us this company is in Batavia! Anyone wants to know more just email me [email protected] first google..sunwest management lawsuits 2007..very interesting! Want to know more? email me!
Does anyone know anything about the facility in Glastonbury, CT called Buckinhgam Estates. Sunwest recently acquired it.
Barb-WILSONVILLE OR

Eugene, OR

#16 May 13, 2008
IAM HERE TO TELL YOU THAT SUNWEST IS THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER EVER WORKED FOR,NOT ONLY ARE THEY SNAKES AND NEVER PAY THEIR BILLS-I MEAN EVER,THE STAFF AT THE WILSONVILLE OR RETIREMENT CENTER ARE LOW LIFE BACK STABBING IDIOTS THAT WILL STAB ANYONE OF THEIR EMPLOYEES IN THE BACK IF IT WILL BENEFIT THEM,REALLY THEY DON'T PAY ANY OF THEIR BILLS,THE GROUNDS HAD LOOKED LIKE HELL FOR MONTHS DUE TO NO MONEY TO PAY TO HAVE IT DONE AND THEY KEEP RAISING THE RENT EVERY MONTH,AND LETS NOT EVEN MENTION THE FOOD AND CRAP THE RESIDENTS GET FOR MEALS,ITS SUCH A JOKE AND I ALSO NO THERE ARE A COUPLE OF LAW SUITS BEING FILED BY RESIDENTS.I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH UNDER HANDED DEALINGS IN ALL MY YEARS,AND ALSO DON'T EVEN TRY AND CLAIM A HONEST WORK RELATED INJURY BECAUSE THE POOR EMPLOYEE WHO DOES WILL BE OUT THE DOOR AS FAST AS THEY CAN SET THEM UP TO GET RID OF THEM,IAM NOT MAKING ANY OF THIS UP,ALSO ONE MORE THING LAST YEAR THEY HAD BEEN LETTING ILLEGAL SPANISH PEOPLE WORK THERE FORYEARS UNTIL SOMEONE TURNED THEM IN AND THEY HAD TO GET RID OF 9 ILLEGALS. IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A PLACE FOR YOUR ELDERLY LOVED ONE OR LOOKING FOR A JOB PLEASE BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY JUST KEEP LOOKING AND RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN FROM WINDFIELD VILLAGE IN WILSONVILLE OR..
Nikki

Portland, OR

#17 May 14, 2008
I worked for Sunwest for almost 3 years and let me just say all the issue's stem from the executives ONLY. These top paid individuals remind me of the Enron scandel......They act like the care about senior citizens, but it's all about "Show me the money". I have never met more sexiest pigs and they are Adventist cult in my entire life....I am so glad I DON'T WORK THERE ANYMORE...Someone needs to shut that place down.
Barb-WILSONVILLE OR

Eugene, OR

#18 May 14, 2008
You are so right nikki,Iam so glad you wrote in,everything you said is soooooooo true
Rebecca

Aurora, CO

#19 May 17, 2008
I have worked for Sunwest for a little over a year now, and am fortunate enough to thoroughly love my job. Sunwest is a company that definately is having it's share of growing pains; however I believe in what they stand for because I've seen it first hand in the community I work in. The residents at my facility are VERY happy and VERY well taken care of and enjoy a VERY high quality of life. It is unfortunate for those of you who have worked in facilities where you or the residents who reside there did not have this same experience. As far as the company being all about the money; I would encourage anyone to come forward and provide the name of a company that is not concerned about cash flow. Sunwest is no different in that aspect. Yes, we provide a home to the elderly population; however we are also running a BUSINESS, duh! Also, if you don't work for Sunwest anymore and you have the time to write about unpaid bills, bad administrators/staff etc...then you never got the concept that we are there to provide a safe home environment for the elderly in the first place and have NO business even seeking employment in this field. If this was your experience with the company what did you do while you were there to help change things for the residents??? Since the residents were the ONLY reason you had a job!!! If nothing, then you have just placed yourself on the same level as the people you are bad mouthing and frankly I'm thankful you don't work for Sunwest any longer...just a few less people among the many that need to be weeded out.(Oh which by the way, is the situation in 10 out of 10 working environments everywhere.) Move on and get a clue!
Barb-Wilsonville

Eugene, OR

#20 May 17, 2008
Well guess you told me sister!!! and with that attitude your bound for greatness with Sunwest-great for you,and I never said anything about the residents and how much they mean everything,it was about how they and employees have been treated,and yes this is about the residents and it all falls to having employees who are happy in their job and environment so they can focus on the residents,but when a company handles their affairs this way and appears to be ruthless then they will most likely draw in those kind of employees as well and who wants that kind of attitude working with the residents,and by the way I was a loving and caring caregiver/med aide with them for years and sooner or later you have no control over how a company is going to treat you and you have to get over it and move on no matter how hard it is,I never said every building for sunwest is bad,just my experience was and that was that....have a great day love

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Genesee County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Albion prison worker charged in sex case (Mar '09) Aug '17 Tripog 193
News This weekend, Jason Lang lost his battle with d... Jun '17 china white 1
News Friedman plans to pursue case against child mol... Mar '17 crooked fks 1
More gangstalking harassment from gov & law enf... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Viril Aryan 1
Everything is perfect (Feb '17) Feb '17 MEGA White Noise 1
Come on Chuck Schumer, Martha Stewart went to p... (Jan '17) Jan '17 ENDZuckerberg 2
15 year old caught speeding on the 290 (Jan '17) Jan '17 ICitNow 5
More from around the web