5 People Hurt in Geauga County Crash

5 People Hurt in Geauga County Crash

There are 25 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Mar 7, 2010, titled 5 People Hurt in Geauga County Crash. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

A two-car crash sent five people to the hospital Sunday, the Geauga County sheriff's office said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Felix

United States

#1 Mar 7, 2010
Geauga County is a county where traffic laws are never enforced. There is a free for all mentality on the roads of Geauga County since law enforcement does not exist. There are a few rural police departments around the county that are totally understaffed and there is a corrupt county sheriff's department that does not know what the words "traffic laws" mean. Hell, the sheriff in that county gets more publicity showing off his little doggie or mutt than enforcing the laws in that county.
Maggie Lupica

Thompson, OH

#2 Mar 8, 2010
Who was driveing the car im not very happy beacuase all three of the people that got hit and thrown into a ditch are good friends of mine. i would like more information
lovinggeaugacoun ty

Buffalo, TX

#3 Mar 8, 2010
i totally disagree with you. if you think having traffic cops at every corner, slyly waiting to slap you with every little infraction (they cooked up)is a good thing than move to cuyahoga county and don't set foot in geauga!! the sheriff and his staff do an excellent job responding to calls and they don't have to waste their time clocking people going 5 miles over the speed limit. we, out here in geauga county, appreciate our liberty and act responsibly. i have been living here for nigh on 8 years and have never seen or been in a traffic accident and i enjoy driving out here, unencumbered by countless traffic lights and stop signs. you are crazy. the sheriff doesn't disregard traffic laws, i've seen people pulled over, we just know how to drive out here.
D JR

Eastlake, OH

#4 Mar 8, 2010
Geauga county.. new home of the the neck car circuit.. Yeahooo
DAF Chesterland

Lorain, OH

#5 Mar 8, 2010
There are many "hidden entrance" signs posted along the hilly and winding roads of Geauga County, requesting the driver to lower their speed. I have one of the many blind driveways. The posted speed on my road is 45 mph. There is no way to see oncoming traffic when entering or exiting my drive due to a hill, and no way to move the drive to a better location. Drivers speeding over the hill would never be able to stop in time for a vehicle entering or exiting my drive. Due to recent paving of a gravel portion of the road the traffic has greatly increased. There are many people in Geauga county in this dangerous situation.
Elizabeth

Elkmont, AL

#6 Mar 8, 2010
Wishing everyone a speedy and complete recovery!
Anonymous

Smithville, OH

#7 Mar 8, 2010
The person driving in the car that caused the accident was going over 100 mph. all of Newbury High School wants to find out who hit the 5 people, which one of them is a very good friend of mine, who was life-flighted to metro. From what i heard she is now in surgery because she broke her neck in 4 different places.
Rae

Elizabethton, TN

#8 Mar 8, 2010
yes i heard she broke her neck in 4 diff places as well. but i did not hear that the 17yr old drivin the car was going over 100mph. i heard it was 80mph when he hit them. i got my sources thru one of the victims cousin. but either way i pray for all to recover
Nicole Lederle

Middlefield, OH

#9 Mar 8, 2010
Wow..one of my best friends was in this crash...and two others were friends of mine...I hope they recover. I love you guys!
newbury citizen

Bedford, OH

#10 Mar 8, 2010
the victims are too known!!!!!
Hannah Wilcowski, 14. She broke her pelvis and her nose. Chelsea McGowan, 18. Tracy Parker, 16. And you cannot forget the adorable and cute Jimmie Parker, 13. He was released already. GO JIMMIE!!!!!!!!!!

I hope everyone will be ok.
newbury citizen

Bedford, OH

#11 Mar 8, 2010
Nicole Lederle wrote:
Wow..one of my best friends was in this crash...and two others were friends of mine...I hope they recover. I love you guys!
COCO!!!! it's JTT CALL ME!!!!!!
Felix

Hayesville, OH

#12 Mar 8, 2010
I think that the person from Chagrin Falls needs to get their facts straight before writing comments on this forum. This person or thing does not even realize that Chagrin Falls IS in Cuyahoga County. He, she or it does not even have a clue as to what county Chagrin Falls is located in. This individual also mentions that the people in Geauga County "appreciate their liberty". What the hell does that statement actually mean? Does it mean you totally disregard all traffic laws and do anything you wish to do on the roads? I assume that this person is one of those irresponsible drivers who drives many miles over the speed limit and who enjoys taking the rights of others while he or she drives aggressively all over the place. I also highly doubt if this stooge has really never seen an accident in the 8 years this person has been living in Chagrin Falls. Lastly, it appears as if this individual does not realize how dangerous the roads are in that county. Geauga County constantly has the highest number of fatal accidents among all of the counties in Ohio and one of the main reasons for such a high number of accidents and fatalities is because of the lack of stop signs and traffic signals. I think that this person should know their facts before they become the county cheerleader in trying to defend an unsafe situation on the roads of Geauga County.
Kala Day

Cleveland, OH

#13 Mar 8, 2010
I happen to be really good friends with most of the people involved i dont know the 17 year old guy who hit them but i kno the rest. All i know is i was told one of them needs to get reconstructive surgery on there face and she lost a bunch of teeth. Its not fair if i say the names of the people and one of the other girls got a broken nose and pelvis. The driver who was pulling out of the driveway is ok i was told thts what her brother said. If i hear more i will update everyone. Just everyone keep these people in your prayers they are all young and need everyones support.
Anonymous

Ashtabula, OH

#14 Mar 8, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
The person driving in the car that caused the accident was going over 100 mph. all of Newbury High School wants to find out who hit the 5 people, which one of them is a very good friend of mine, who was life-flighted to metro. From what i heard she is now in surgery because she broke her neck in 4 different places.
I knew them all --- One is a family member!! The guy (Kid) driving should never have been going over 70MPH on a road that is 50MPH!!!! All the girls in the car are all in serious condition.. YES one girl (driver) was in a coma until early this morning and had to have a very delicate surgery on her neck!( Could be paralyzed ).... One of her passengers has a fractured pelvis, broken nose, and head injury... Not sure about the guy that caused it.. or the other victims...
friend

Bedford, OH

#15 Mar 8, 2010
i kno the driver that hit them and i am prayin gfor all the people that were in this accident
Sally V

Middlefield, OH

#16 Mar 9, 2010
My prayers are with all the family's and kid involved for a speedy recovery.
cmr

Chardon, OH

#17 Mar 9, 2010
I dont care if he was going 100 or 80 mph, he was going way to fast. And if hes mr. cadet at the fair and everything with the sheriffs department then he should know to follow the laws and go the speed limit not 30-50 mph over that is just plain ridiculous and stupid.
CASSANDRA BESS

Lakewood, OH

#18 Mar 9, 2010
my cousin was in the car that got hit. she is in bad condition at metro. my prayers arewith all the kids. TRACY JIMMY CHELSEY & HANNNH get well sooon love u guys!
Crystal Parker

Smithville, OH

#19 Mar 15, 2010
um for those people that are leaving smart comments needs to stop and for the ones that are praying thank you. i'm the sister of Tracie and jimmie who was in the accident. that boy will pay, what goes around comes around. he will not be getting off easy. my sister could of died if she had her seat belt on or if the guy hit the car an inch farther up. if my brother havent clicked his seat belt on he wouldnt be here. i hope that guy who hit them reads this because i want him to know that it's not easy to see your sister crying in pain and crying for my mom when you hit them,and knowing she wont be able to play basketball or anything else that she enjoys. she's in a halo because some stupid A!! wants to act like an idiot. we had to watch my brother sleep and wake him up every 3 hours because he could of went to sleep and not wake up. my sister Tracie and Hannah are the ones that got the worst out of everyone. everyone got released from the hospital expect my sister. she has to stay for another two weeks for therapy. metro tried to send my sister home the second day with a broken neck and in pain. i hate metro. the one nurse from ICU dropped my sister and told her she needs to stop crying because shes going to do it anyways. i'm just greatful that nobody died but the boy will pay. BIG TIMEEEE!!!! it kills me to see my sister in the hopsital and nobody was in a coma. they do need to do something about the roads before another accident happens becuase hillbillie town is dangerous. we are better off in the city.... LOVVEEE MY BABY SISTER,BABY BROTHER, MAMA MONSTER (HANNAH) AND CHELS..:) HOPE YOU GET BETTER TRACIE
Rae

Lebanon, VA

#20 Mar 15, 2010
doesnt matter if he was going the speed limit or over they wouldve gotten hit. that driveway is dangerous. im not trying to be rude but we all do make mistakes...unfortunatly this one was serious. and i do pray for all that were involved. i do not know anyone who was in this accident but i can just imagine how family members and friends feel and im sure the boy who hit them feels horrible. Hope all gets well soon!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Geauga County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Investigations 2 mins ago 7:03 p.m.Raid targets... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Kev from Michigan 2
News Geauga County: Black bear sighting in Montville (Jul '14) Jul '14 Sue 1
News VOTE | Judge vs Time Warner; should ad be pulled? (Sep '13) Sep '13 April 1
News Concern over Chardon shooting funds (Apr '12) Apr '12 savannahjo 2
News Fatal high school shooting rocks Chardon, Ohio (Feb '12) Feb '12 Ralph 1
News Get Out: Geauga County Fair, Air Show, Labor Da... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Great Geauga Coun... 1
News Black Bear sighting near Chardon (Aug '11) Aug '11 mike from Chardon 1
More from around the web