Pit bull attack victim now pushing fo...

Pit bull attack victim now pushing for ban

There are 167 comments on the MSNBC story from Feb 20, 2010, titled Pit bull attack victim now pushing for ban. In it, MSNBC reports that:

A homeowner in Gaston County is pushing for the passage of a controversial law after a pit bull attacked him and his dog in Mount Holly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MSNBC.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
I agree

Charlotte, NC

#163 May 5, 2011
the dogs are far more important than the stupid so called victims. Why don't they just stay clear of the dogs and there wouldn't be a problem. These cry babies just ask too much. Leave my dog ALONE!
--MrLogic--

Charlotte, NC

#164 May 8, 2011
Thanks wrote:
Dog Lover.....since you had the perfect pitbull and it lived a long fulfilled life without incident I think that we should just ignore all other pitbulls that do kill and maime. One good pitbull is after all worth hundreds or thousands that aren't. We need to experience the one in a thousand that will never harm anyone or other animals.
Wait a minute now. Are you saying that only 1 in a thousand will never attack anyone or anything? Actually the reality is quite the opposite. The percentage of attacking pitbulls is below one percent. You have more of a chance of getting struck by lightning or drowning in your bathtub.

The media has grouped many dogs into the pitbull genre. And that in itself isnt right. People will call a mutt without ANY pitbull mixed in, a "pitbull". Pitbulls are a specific type of dog and kennel clubs will point out the strict guidelines for those specifications. The news will call a boxer crossed with a lab a pitbull. I have seen a news story of a child being killed by a dog that was labeled a pitbull, just to find out the it was a Pomeranian that killed the infant. And another one of a "pitbull" knawing off the toes of a toddler, just to find out that it was the family's pet ferret. If you go looking for the negative stuff, you will surely find it. Is it all true? Surely not.

In my experiences, the vistims of these neglected dogs and their irresponsible owners are not the ones who are attacked, heck it isnt even the owners of the dangerous dogs that are attacked. It is the people like myself that owns one of these dogs, and CARES about them that are attacked by the "do good" people.

Pitbulls are no more dangerous than any other dog of similar size. They dont bite harder, they arent the only ones who will shake their head while biting, they arent stronger, and they arent predisposed killers. Heck my Papillion shakes his toys.

Attacks are the fault of the owners. And in many cases, that fault can be laid on parents and the individual themselves. Dogs are supposed to be controlled, your dog is YOUR responsibility. If you dont control it, it is your fault. If you let your young child run rampant in the neighborhood and that child wanders into a yard with a dog in it and your child gets attacked, it is YOUR fault. Control your dogs and watch your kids people. It isnt rocket science.
I agree

Charlotte, NC

#165 May 8, 2011
He is right. These people are fools. Line the cry babies up and shoot them all. There is not a dog alive that is capable of killing unless hungry or provoked. It is people who need to be banned. Leave my dog alone.
--MrLogic--

Charlotte, NC

#166 May 8, 2011
I agree wrote:
He is right. These people are fools. Line the cry babies up and shoot them all. There is not a dog alive that is capable of killing unless hungry or provoked. It is people who need to be banned. Leave my dog alone.
Your sarcasm isnt appreciated. If you are going to make jokes at such a serious subject, then maybe you shouldnt be in the discussion. No one is going to take you seriously.
I agree

Charlotte, NC

#167 May 9, 2011
Who you talking to? They better leave my dog alone because if he don't get them I will. My dog only does what I want him to. They are real simple, you feed them and do what you tell them to. If a dog attacks it probably was a good thing. If they don't want bit then stay out of my yard and house. Why do they want to get rid of my dog? Are they wanting to come to my house? They will get a surprise if they do, I don't play that sh**. I ain't teaching him to fight for no reason. They mess with us and they get it. They leave us alone and they are fine. That is a plain as I can make it.
When will it stop

Charlotte, NC

#168 Jun 2, 2011
Three more pit bull attacks in Mount Holly and just outside in the last two months.
Unemployed

Charlotte, NC

#169 Jun 2, 2011
We have had to eat a few dogs recently. Times are tough, you have to do what you have to do. God put animals here as a source of nourishment for people and we shouldn't elevate one animal over another. Cows, squirrels, dogs, they can all be eaten.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gaston County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Last Place on Earth closing Sep 17 Talkischeap 11
News VIDEO: Funnel cloud spotted in Mecklenburg County Sep 2 abc123 1
News Gaston Co. police officer's home shot into as s... Aug 29 Tigermk6 1
Wallace Lanford and Pinkney Mitchell (Nov '08) Aug '17 Valentinelady 51
News One injured, one dead in Pharr accident (Nov '16) Jul '17 Go Tarheels 5
News Hateful graffiti found at apartment building Re... May '17 no diver 1
News Videos of drivers in Belmont uploaded to YouTube (Jun '14) May '17 Just a little info 137
More from around the web