Man dies after being shot by Gaston C...

Man dies after being shot by Gaston County Police

There are 19 comments on the The Gaston Gazette story from Nov 20, 2008, titled Man dies after being shot by Gaston County Police. In it, The Gaston Gazette reports that:

A man was shot and killed by a Gaston County Police officer Thursday night. Police said the man, whose name has not been released, had reached for a gun.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Gaston Gazette.

truth be told

United States

#1 Nov 28, 2008
Here we go again. another murder by cops. first children then old men. when will the people have enough killing by our so called police and put a stop to it once and for all.The killing will continue as long as we set back and let the killers by with it. when it is your child or grandparent layed dead due to police murder it will then be to late.
Joe Friday

Mount Gilead, NC

#5 Dec 12, 2008
truth be told wrote:
Here we go again. another murder by cops. first children then old men. when will the people have enough killing by our so called police and put a stop to it once and for all.The killing will continue as long as we set back and let the killers by with it. when it is your child or grandparent layed dead due to police murder it will then be to late.
No need to reply directly to your comments other than to say you're and idiot.
Truth be told

Saint Cloud, FL

#6 Dec 13, 2008
Joe Friday wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to reply directly to your comments other than to say you're and idiot.
Come out and play with a real man coper. you will find that this idiot is in no way intimidated by police. the United States Army Rangers seen to that.
Joe Friday

United States

#8 Dec 15, 2008
Just the response I expected...intelligent and well thought out. You're a real credit to Col. Darby.
Truth be told

United States

#9 Dec 15, 2008
Facts are facts and was thought through as well as anything can be. You are a sluggard and an insult to all (civilian) officers.
Bill Gannon

Rockingham, NC

#10 Dec 15, 2008
Truth, Just how far underground is the bunker you live in? When you do venture out, do you scan the sky to make sure they're no Blackhawk helicoptors hovering? When you go to the store, do you look in the rear view mirror checking to see if black Suburbans are following you?
Joe Friday

Mount Gilead, NC

#11 Dec 15, 2008
Truth be told wrote:
Facts are facts and was thought through as well as anything can be. You are a sluggard and an insult to all (civilian) officers.
I think you're a little confused. Opinions are not facts. I understand though, usually those distinctions are not made until after the fourth grade. You don't even know me, how can you make an assumption about my character or work ethic.
Truth be told

United States

#12 Dec 16, 2008
Joe Friday wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're a little confused. Opinions are not facts. I understand though, usually those distinctions are not made until after the fourth grade. You don't even know me, how can you make an assumption about my character or work ethic.
Argue with you after Christmas. I am sure that your work ethics are fine. Merry Christmas.
Joe Friday

United States

#14 Dec 16, 2008
You too.
blah blah

Salisbury, NC

#15 Dec 16, 2008
Who will get his gold teeth?
Black Widow

Simpsonville, SC

#18 Dec 23, 2008
When is Butch Neal going to retire?
He is now a Bailiff at the Gaston County Courthouse.
He is the most Bigoted Human defunct cop, Gaston County has ever had. He used to ride shot gun with Danny Cochran in that old RED station Wagon, picking up hookers for a BJ..
How can a person in Government still remain employed?
Why did Butch not train up his children to be good citizen's? I can answer that, it is because Butch was, and STILL is a corrupted Government Official, who is paid by OUR tax money.
I remember when Butch and his thug police officer cronies used to go to the High Shoals Am-Vets Club, where all the DA's and Judges would pay prostitutes for SEX, right there in the Building!.
HOW do I know?
I kept the Books and Bar-Tended there, that is HOW I know.
Butch Neal, you are a fake,a Phony, and a FRAUD, and a SORRY excuse for any Law enforcement.
Retire Butch, everyone HATES you in the GASTON COUNTY COURTHOUSE...
Honest people

United States

#19 Dec 23, 2008
Black Widow wrote:
When is Butch Neal going to retire?
He is now a Bailiff at the Gaston County Courthouse.
He is the most Bigoted Human defunct cop, Gaston County has ever had. He used to ride shot gun with Danny Cochran in that old RED station Wagon, picking up hookers for a BJ..
How can a person in Government still remain employed?
Why did Butch not train up his children to be good citizen's? I can answer that, it is because Butch was, and STILL is a corrupted Government Official, who is paid by OUR tax money.
I remember when Butch and his thug police officer cronies used to go to the High Shoals Am-Vets Club, where all the DA's and Judges would pay prostitutes for SEX, right there in the Building!.
HOW do I know?
I kept the Books and Bar-Tended there, that is HOW I know.
Butch Neal, you are a fake,a Phony, and a FRAUD, and a SORRY excuse for any Law enforcement.
Retire Butch, everyone HATES you in the GASTON COUNTY COURTHOUSE...
He does not retire because alot of his assoc. now are still the same way. It takes people like yourself to come forward with this kind of information. people just have a hard time understanding that alot of our crimes are police related to this day. keep posting information that our citizens need to know.
Honest people

United States

#20 Dec 23, 2008
Bill Gannon wrote:
Truth, Just how far underground is the bunker you live in? When you do venture out, do you scan the sky to make sure they're no Blackhawk helicoptors hovering? When you go to the store, do you look in the rear view mirror checking to see if black Suburbans are following you?
You must be one of the murdering cops in gastonia. I, as well as several people at my place of employment feel that the truth has gaston county peged for the slime that they are.(police) stay out of our topix or we as citizens will start makeing phone calls when your trashy friends kill someone. This is a place for us to post (our) feelings. I know that all cops are not bad but you still have a few, that few brings down your whole dept.Start makeing a change by arresting the bad cops so we can feel good about our police depts. If you truely are a good cop, take a stand and bring down a bad one.
Black Widow

Simpsonville, SC

#22 Dec 30, 2008
Honest people wrote:
<quoted text>He does not retire because alot of his assoc. now are still the same way. It takes people like yourself to come forward with this kind of information. people just have a hard time understanding that alot of our crimes are police related to this day. keep posting information that our citizens need to know.
I've been around these corrupt individuals, since I was X years old, and met some really Top end people...Neal wasn't one, he was just a Flunky Weed Squad Man, who confiscated your weed, and kept it, and smoked it himself..
But the People who ran Gaston County were and still are Bookies., These men I know, were powerful for their Era,and would not PISS, on Butch Neal, if his Guts were on Fire...Nor would I...
Does His Daughter, still dance at the Paper Doll Lounge?...
He should have Taught Her better...
I guess the apple , doesn't fall too far from the tree, at all.....
He smoked pot with all the teenagers, when Big Reds, was at the old Gaston Mall..Him and Cochran..
Hell I seen Vance Furr, kiss Jay Stroud, right in the Kisser..with tongue, lapping it up, right there at Joe Browns door one Morning...before Court..
They need to get these corrupted cops out of office, and restore Dignity, to Gaston County...
Can you believe that Robert Forbes, is in the District ATT.Office???? Superior DA...OMG...
Now that's a dry drunk, if ever one lived....
But their Master, Pat Cooke, has been long gone...
God Bless you Pat....You were a Diamond....
I just despise Crooks, like Butch neal, and G.C. Cobb..That ALE Agent...Hell, He is on Video, at the Paper Doll lounge, in the back Room, getting a BJ..and The one who owns the Film, uses it as Black Mail..to keep the ALE, off of the Illegal Bars....
We need to stop this cprruption...
I hate liars, and Corrupted Hypocrites, who shout Amen on Sunday, and as soon as they walk off the church Sidewalk, back to corruption...
I wonder why they waste the time to go to Church really, being a hypocrite and all..
I think I'll call the Gazette, and call all these Corrupted Individuals, out to the public....
I have Photo's...and Proof...
What Cha Think????
Honest people

Dallas, NC

#23 Dec 31, 2008
Black Widow wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been around these corrupt individuals, since I was X years old, and met some really Top end people...Neal wasn't one, he was just a Flunky Weed Squad Man, who confiscated your weed, and kept it, and smoked it himself..
But the People who ran Gaston County were and still are Bookies., These men I know, were powerful for their Era,and would not PISS, on Butch Neal, if his Guts were on Fire...Nor would I...
Does His Daughter, still dance at the Paper Doll Lounge?...
He should have Taught Her better...
I guess the apple , doesn't fall too far from the tree, at all.....
He smoked pot with all the teenagers, when Big Reds, was at the old Gaston Mall..Him and Cochran..
Hell I seen Vance Furr, kiss Jay Stroud, right in the Kisser..with tongue, lapping it up, right there at Joe Browns door one Morning...before Court..
They need to get these corrupted cops out of office, and restore Dignity, to Gaston County...
Can you believe that Robert Forbes, is in the District ATT.Office???? Superior DA...OMG...
Now that's a dry drunk, if ever one lived....
But their Master, Pat Cooke, has been long gone...
God Bless you Pat....You were a Diamond....
I just despise Crooks, like Butch neal, and G.C. Cobb..That ALE Agent...Hell, He is on Video, at the Paper Doll lounge, in the back Room, getting a BJ..and The one who owns the Film, uses it as Black Mail..to keep the ALE, off of the Illegal Bars....
We need to stop this cprruption...
I hate liars, and Corrupted Hypocrites, who shout Amen on Sunday, and as soon as they walk off the church Sidewalk, back to corruption...
I wonder why they waste the time to go to Church really, being a hypocrite and all..
I think I'll call the Gazette, and call all these Corrupted Individuals, out to the public....
I have Photo's...and Proof...
What Cha Think????
I am truely glad that people such as yourself are willing to come forward and expose the crooked and lowlife element in our public offices, we as citizens deserve the right to know the truth. I speak for every truely honest citizen when i say thanks to you for your honesty.
Barney Fife

United States

#25 Jan 15, 2009
It is a sad and unfortunate situation when an officer has to make the choice to take the life of another. Everything on tv makes it so glamorous to shoot someone and the officer has no issues about it but this is so far from the truth. Making the decision to take someone's life is always the last ditch effort in the process. When an individual is not listening to verbal commands to drop their weapon or to lie on the ground or any other command to make the situation safer, what does the officer do? Does that officer risk giving up his life and the future of his wife/husband and children because someone who is not following the law, commands or possibly exposing others to danger will not listen? Many officers that must make that decision in their careers are greatly affected it, it is not just forgotten after the scene or trial. It lingers in their minds forever. When an officer leaves their home to report to work, it may be their last time they see their family. There is no guarantee of what they will be involved in on the job. With the US in the situation it is in right now and the gaston county area hurting economicaly, people will get desperate and that always leads to bad situations.
I will not stand here and defend the corrupt public officials because Lord knows they are out there and plenty of them. Most public officials are elected in, so the best way to get them out is to not vote for them and inform others with the truth about them. With that being said the training and requirements for individuals to become an officer are extremely demanding, not just anyone who can tie his shoes is allowed to wear a badge anymore. Most officers that are coming out as rookies, though they are green and inexperienced, are more well rounded individuals. Departments are also not just turning a blind eye to individuals that are not acting in accordance to the law and by dpeartment standards. There is no grey area in some departments, it is either black or white and if you are not representing the uniform you wear ethically and honorably, you will be dismissed. Just remember though, there are far more decent and upstanding officers than there are corrupt ones. A few bad apples always seem to make everyone look bad. I know there will always be two sides of this issue but I will continue to do what I love and do my absolute best to be an example and service to my uniform. Have a great and safe day everyone.
charlieb1950

Gastonia, NC

#26 Feb 6, 2009
This about the police shooting of the criminal in dallas.If you people would only stop and think about this,you will find out the man shot was a danger to the people in the neighborhood.He had an extensive criminal past and was dangerous.You people that whine everytime a police officer has to take such action as needed,better remind yourselves that if it was not for the police we have patrolling our streets,you could not lay down and sleep safely at night.So go on and whine ,but remember you are safe at night and daytime too,because of the police who lay thier lives on the line every day and night.
charlieb1950

Gastonia, NC

#27 Feb 6, 2009
blah blah wrote:
Who will get his gold teeth?
OK!blackwidow put up or shut up!
THE ENFORCER

Belmont, NC

#30 May 25, 2011
The police have a tough job already,but some of you want to make it tougher to be a policeman.Some of you who do n0t believe this,just ride around with a cop on the weekens or through the week now and you will see what they have to put up with.Once you do that,you have earned the right to complain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gaston County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Videos of drivers in Belmont uploaded to YouTube (Jun '14) 4 hr I Know 70
News Belmont hosts Juneteenth Celebration on Saturday Jun 26 trpoi 3
News Belmont City Council votes to fire police chief Jun 19 Just Saying 5
News NC Republicans hold convention, hear from presi... Jun 9 YoungNCRepub 1
Wallace Lanford and Pinkney Mitchell (Nov '08) Jun 4 kat364 48
News Backlash against commissioners goes to courthouse May '15 High Pitch 2
News One dead in police shooting Feb '15 Bob 1
More from around the web