23 mins. ago - Reports: Officer shot ...

23 mins. ago - Reports: Officer shot near Diamondhead community

There are 4 comments on the Arkansas Online story from Jul 21, 2010, titled 23 mins. ago - Reports: Officer shot near Diamondhead community. In it, Arkansas Online reports that:

A police officer was shot near the Diamondhead community, a resort area about 15 miles from Hot Springs, according to reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Arkansas Online.

Searcy, AR

#1 Jul 22, 2010
look up fred's history in Alexander, AR

Mountain Pine, AR

#2 Jul 22, 2010
Reports say he was doing a traffic stop some say he was off duty but going to a domestic disturbance some say he was in his own vehicle and if he was going home does he live there and if he does live there did theses two men know each other????? There are too many stories to this story and all by different news stations. I don’t think anyone knows for sure what happened

Atlanta, GA

#3 Jul 22, 2010
fred wrote:
look up fred's history in Alexander, AR
I have heard he had a sorted past. What did he do in Alexander? I couldn't find anything online.

Beebe, AR

#4 Aug 1, 2010
Whoever was attempting to contact me about a topix post, from Media or information On Officer Fred Ensminger, should refrain from such. I will not make any comments for TV nor News.
I was the Criminal Investigator at Shannon Hills when the Officer came on as part time.
I did not do a background check, as it was not my job to do such.Chief John H Brown handled hiring, including Ensminger's hiring; first as reserve.
During the time the Brown was under suspension for felony charges I was senior officer. During this time Ensminger only rode with other officers as reserve, He did not patrol on his own.
I left this Department with intent to go to a State Agency prior to Brown's conviction and moved from the area.
I know Ensminger and during the time I supervised him I had no complaints from citizens nor other officers.If there had of been, they would have been investigated.
Ensminger later went full time at SHPD. Richard Friend was acting chief.
I personally have no direct knowledge of what occurred there, other than Ensminger went to Alexander Police under Chief Allan Spears and Asst Chief Tom Leath.
I have no personal knowledge what occurred at Alexander PD, other than what was publically reported in the news.

Personally I would say let the State Police do their job and sort everything out. The case file can be turned over to the Garland Co P/A and he can decide which direction to take. That is their Job!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garland County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kimberly Stewart Sep '16 concerned 1
News Police: Girl, 4, found zip-tied, beaten thought... Aug '16 Raydot 5
News The Continuing Story of Jacie Leopold: Standing... (Mar '16) Mar '16 The Observer 2
News Police: Man charged in fatal attempted robbery (Mar '16) Mar '16 Joe 1
News Arkansas Tells Artist to Stop Putting Toilets i... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Calvin Ralls 1
News Arkansas sheriff's deputy charged, fired for go... (Jun '06) Aug '15 Denny CranesPlace 39
News Charity grants reef-trip wish of boy with cancer (Jul '15) Jul '15 Judy Coiner 1
More from around the web