Arkansas resort community police offi...

Arkansas resort community police officer shot in shoulder, expected...

There are 6 comments on the WREG story from Jul 21, 2010, titled Arkansas resort community police officer shot in shoulder, expected.... In it, WREG reports that:

Authorities say a police officer was shot in the shoulder inside a gated resort community near Hot Springs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WREG.

missing

Saint Albans, WV

#1 Jul 22, 2010
This story is not being reported accurately. No one was arrested, and the shooting was done by both parties, on private property. Please update your information. the officer was in plain clothes, off-duty, and not in an official vehicle. He did not identify himself, and aggressively pursued this person's wife, as well as striking this person with his vehicle.
dudewtf

Saint Albans, WV

#2 Jul 22, 2010
Dude! traffic violation or whatever ain't worth gettin somebody that scared or shot! Aint the police trained to do better then to freak-out like that?!
skreet

Alexander, AR

#3 Jul 22, 2010
What made this officer think he should pull traffic duty when off duty? Had he treated my wife in such a manner I would have been a better shot, He lucky he was only shot in the shoulder
factual

Seminole, OK

#4 Jul 22, 2010
All this happened out-of-the blue, in this guy's driveway! If they thought it was an unjustified shooting by the citizen, do you think for even a second, this guy would not be arrested? He wasn't, never was-he was not detained, transported or anything. In fact, he had to be treated for injuries from being hit by the cop's personal vehicle. Is THAT being reported? No alcohol, drugs or domestic disputes were involved, and this happened in broad daylight, in a private, gated community. The media asked to speak to the citizen and they were turned away by the county sheriff good-ol-boys...hmmmmm
hotwatercity

United States

#5 Jul 23, 2010
We have meth labs on every corner , but you don't see the local cops busting these ppl . Guess its more fun to harass the local house wifes . "to protect and serve" is a joke!
missing

Russellville, AR

#6 Jul 23, 2010
No doubt! What was this officer's plan anyway? Did he even have one? What did he expect would happen once he got her home and ran over her husband? Is that rational? Why would he put his own family in a situation to visit him in the hospital or worse? This man created chaos that caused permanent physical and emotional harm-were that you or me, people would be raging outside our doors with pitchforks. An officer of the law is supposed to be a voice of reason-someone to turn too for safety. What does it do to a person-to a society-when those are the people that do the victimizing? Pitiful!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garland County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
deputies who date felons. (Oct '11) Apr 22 It is what It is 2
News Spa City man dies in factory accident (Jan '17) Jan '18 Ily 2
News Arkansas woman admits to using county cash to b... (Oct '17) Oct '17 Kenny 2
News Arkansas woman admits using county cash to buy ... (Sep '17) Sep '17 Latter Day Taint 1
Sheriff's Office Scandal (Sep '17) Sep '17 Linda G 1
News Woman held in holdup, accused of luring man to ... (Aug '17) Aug '17 Kenny 2
Kimberly Stewart (Sep '16) May '17 NoUseForAName 2