Garland County breaks ground on new $42M jail

Jun 14, 2013 Full story: WMC-TV Memphis

Officials gathered Thursday to break ground on the new Garland County Detention Center, located on Albert Pike Road in Hot Springs.

Full Story
hs citizen

Hot Springs National Park, AR

#1 Jun 18, 2013
Big whoopie "Hot Springs Builds a New Jail" that isn't much of a positive image of our fair city. If the crime is high enough that you require 42 million dollar jail. I think we should jack up the entire police force and put a new one under it. The useless panty waisted police - city and county should all be fired. If something does occur they do nothing unless you have a body and when you have a body its too late. Then Isaac Parker should be reincarnated and we should stretch the necks of the first 1000 people who do wrong no questions ask and the second 1000 people would be hard to find.
Marky Mark

Little Rock, AR

#3 Jun 18, 2013
You two sound like little crybabies. Yes Garland County has over 90,000 people so what kind of math are you doing that makes you think a jail that was designed to hold 80 people(currently way maxed out at 200) is adequate for our county? Yes our justice system needs to be fixed but as it stands the jail population has to stay at or below 200. So most criminals know that if they get caught it'll be a short stay or an ankle bracelet. Get your facts straight before you start going off at the mouth
Marky Mark

North Little Rock, AR

#5 Jun 20, 2013
freedom wrote:
<quoted text>sorry to hear that livable wages are not important to you I presume in your eyes more laws and incarceration is the best way to handle low income and minorities.
I am a minority and and I do believe we need better jobs and we need to revisit certain law enforcement issues like the failed war on drugs but to not acknowledge the counties overcrowding problem in our county jail is very irresponsible. I get what you're trying to say but these are issues out of the county's reach. If you want a change in failed laws and policies write your congressman
Michael A Sanders

Malvern, AR

#7 Jul 4, 2013
Has anybody else also noticed that the dark-haired caucasian female who's photo appears under the "From Around The Web" advertisement beneath this article and above the clickable text "Did you know that your record is public? Search anyone instantly! Check anyone in Arkansas!" resembles actress Alexis Bledel from Gilmore Girls fame?
Here is a link to the photo of said unknown woman: http://static.cdn.adblade.com/banners/images/...
Here is a link to Ms. Bledel's IMDB profile: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0088127/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Garland County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Helicopters Feb 26 RFMBP 1
Three, including child, shot in Hot Springs (May '14) May '14 Nana 1
Hot Springs lawyer Andi Davis, who figured in D... (Jan '14) Jan '14 fast edit 2
Video: Watch: Inmate escapes jail through open ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 American_Infidel 6
Backpage Adult Ads: Online Solicitation or Free... (Jul '13) Jul '13 huh 3
Pictures of the past (Feb '13) Feb '13 So share a picture 1
not natural beauty or state (Feb '13) Feb '13 Arky Angel 1
More from around the web