Woman charged following accident invo...

Woman charged following accident involving horse and buggy

There are 104 comments on the Daily Sentinel story from May 31, 2011, titled Woman charged following accident involving horse and buggy. In it, Daily Sentinel reports that:

A A Johnstown, Ohio, woman has been charged following a two-vehicle accident that occurred on Sunday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Sentinel.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
worried

United States

#1 May 31, 2011
does anyone know how the family in buggy is doing?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7 May 31, 2011
Road=an open way for travel for vehicles, people, and animals.
Change your name to tpxdumba$$
really?

Jackson, OH

#8 May 31, 2011
I have heard that the child transported to holzer has been released and that the mother and other child that were transported to cabel are in stable condition. To the idiot that said that the Amish do not pay taxes, the only taxes they don't pay are social security and medicare but they do not receive social security or use medicare so why should they. Just because the government decided to pave roads does not mean they aren't allowed to drive buggies on them. They used dirt roads before motor vehicles were even thought of so please keep your ignorant comments to yourself.
anon

Point Pleasant, WV

#9 May 31, 2011
doesnt matter if it was a horse and buggy, it could just have easily been another vehicle or motorcycle, point is , a drunk and irresponsible person had no business driving and putting others in danger
worried

Valley City, OH

#10 May 31, 2011
[QUOTE who="really?"]I have heard that the child transported to holzer has been released and that the mother and other child that were transported to cabel are in stable condition. To the idiot that said that the Amish do not pay taxes, the only taxes they don't pay are social security and medicare but they do not receive social security or use medicare so why should they. Just because the government decided to pave roads does not mean they aren't allowed to drive buggies on them. They used dirt roads before motor vehicles were even thought of so please keep your ignorant comments to yourself.[/QUOTE]no word on the father still? keeping all in prayer
worried

Valley City, OH

#11 May 31, 2011
I had heard the dad was critical...thank god the kids are all right
ImBack

United States

#13 Jun 1, 2011
I'm cannot believe this has turned
Into some idiot bashing the Amish, when it was a DRUNK DRIVER that hit them!!! Who also had HER OWN DAUGHTER WITH HER! Your truly a grade A 100% fool! Next time you open your mouth, make sure you know what your talking about before you say it!
magic man

United States

#14 Jun 1, 2011
some ppl can only put in their 1 cent, that's the percentage that their brain works at!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#15 Jun 1, 2011
_U CaRe__ wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a moron. One day it could be you or a loved one hit by a drunk driver. If the world is lucky, it will be you who's hit. Then maybe you will change your attitude. You think this is a joke? You think it's cute or funny? You must be a friend of the bitch who decided to drive drunk with a 6 year old in the car. You should rot in hell right next to this dumb bitch!
Well said!!!! Agree 100%!!!!
Could Have Been

United States

#16 Jun 1, 2011
I have family in Ewington. It could have been one of them. A person has no damned business getting behind the wheel while they're drinking, and to have kids in the car makes it so much worse. I heard the woman had a liquor bottle in her car and tried to leave but another lady made her stop. She didn't care if anyone was hurt, including her little one, she just wanted to get the hell out of there before she got caught. I hope she spends a good long time in jail and I hope the gentleman in the buggy recovers.
clark w griswold

United States

#17 Jun 1, 2011
well ms cotton is in jail, 525,000 bail. all of these comments, i wonder if she's reading them! of if she cares, obviously nor, she strapped her 6yr old son in, put her drunken self in the driver set and it was on! i feel so sorry for the Amish couple,but the yack,yack, blah blah about the cotton women is wearing thin! she didnt give a shit about what she was doing,why should anyone care about her!!!

_U CaRe__

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#18 Jun 1, 2011
clark w griswold wrote:
well ms cotton is in jail, 525,000 bail. all of these comments, i wonder if she's reading them! of if she cares, obviously nor, she strapped her 6yr old son in, put her drunken self in the driver set and it was on! i feel so sorry for the Amish couple,but the yack,yack, blah blah about the cotton women is wearing thin! she didnt give a shit about what she was doing,why should anyone care about her!!!
Exactly!!!
ImBack

United States

#19 Jun 1, 2011
It's just awful that some ppl have no regard for anyone, including themselves. I hate drinking & driving, for the fact that it's not only your life your risking but every single person you pass, or in her case, try to pass by them but was 1 too many drinks deep.
I really do hope they all pull thro.
really?

Jackson, OH

#20 Jun 1, 2011
The last I heard the father was still in critical condition and they were not sure if he was going to make it or not. And I have not heard anything about her child that was in the car with her.
afriend

United States

#21 Jun 1, 2011
I know this couple that was hit. To update those that care.... The mom and children have been released but the dad is not doing well at all. And just to inform a few, this family was so wonderful. The dad was a great guy and wonderful dad. People should not be downed just for not conforming. The Amish pay taxes just like everyone else, but they don't use the schools, food stamps, welfare, social security and medicaid. They are a lot less of a strain on this country than many of these lazy people out here. If they want to eat they raise their food. If they want clothes them make them. But then again the bible does tell us that Gods people will be talked about and harassed. Get to know them before judging them.

_U CaRe__

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#22 Jun 1, 2011
afriend wrote:
I know this couple that was hit. To update those that care.... The mom and children have been released but the dad is not doing well at all. And just to inform a few, this family was so wonderful. The dad was a great guy and wonderful dad. People should not be downed just for not conforming. The Amish pay taxes just like everyone else, but they don't use the schools, food stamps, welfare, social security and medicaid. They are a lot less of a strain on this country than many of these lazy people out here. If they want to eat they raise their food. If they want clothes them make them. But then again the bible does tell us that Gods people will be talked about and harassed. Get to know them before judging them.
Thanks for the update ;)
random

United States

#23 Jun 1, 2011
i feel for this family... Although i dont totally agree with the buggys being on the roads because it is dangerous its hard to see them especially at night when they have no lights and your driving the speed limit and if my children need to be buckled and in car seats then so should they its things like this that should make a law change making them buckle their kids up... As for the drunken lady thats ridiculous i dont support any person who is dumb enough to drive drive esp with a child in the vehicle... I hope this lady stays in jail for a very long time and the amish man makes a complete and fast recovery.... Ive never met a rude or mean amish person....
worried

United States

#24 Jun 1, 2011
[QUOTE who="really?"]
The last I heard the father was still in critical condition and they were not sure if he was going to make it or not. And I have not heard anything about her child that was in the car with her.[/QUOTE] h
her son is fine he home with his dad that i know for sure

“Incorrigible”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#25 Jun 1, 2011
_U CaRe__ wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a moron. One day it could be you or a loved one hit by a drunk driver. If the world is lucky, it will be you who's hit. Then maybe you will change your attitude. You think this is a joke? You think it's cute or funny? You must be a friend of the bitch who decided to drive drunk with a 6 year old in the car. You should rot in hell right next to this dumb bitch!
Couldn't agree more!! Well stated!!
lil Abner

Columbus, OH

#26 Jun 1, 2011
random wrote:
i feel for this family... Although i dont totally agree with the buggys being on the roads because it is dangerous its hard to see them especially at night when they have no lights and your driving the speed limit and if my children need to be buckled and in car seats then so should they its things like this that should make a law change making them buckle their kids up... As for the drunken lady thats ridiculous i dont support any person who is dumb enough to drive drive esp with a child in the vehicle... I hope this lady stays in jail for a very long time and the amish man makes a complete and fast recovery.... Ive never met a rude or mean amish person....
they have lights and reflectors on their buggies,i do agree with buckling them in, but then i think would they have live if they tumbled with the buggy, or were they better being thrown clear? maybe its a 50/50 thing. damned if you do damned if you don't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gallia County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Discussing making City Park a smoke freea - 20 hr Richy Cunningham 36
News Queen sentenced to 6 and half years in prison (Feb '16) Jul 21 wow 5
News Gallia deputies discover body - 2:06 am updated: Jul 4 Oogle 54
Mindy robinson Jun '17 Just me 1
Drugs on bulaville pike Apr '17 Disgusting 2
Misty Baird Apr '17 Ole school 2
Gwynn Darnbrough Apr '17 Blah 3
More from around the web