Letters to the editor

Entertainment Editor: Thank you, Guy Lutman, for the Asleep at the Wheel concert recently. Full Story
Just Looking

Carlsbad, NM

#1 Aug 22, 2008
Sorry Mr Mitchell, next time remember to enter the decimal point when figuring your savings. 45 gallons at 10 cents savings is only $4.50. A nice discount I agree, but not anywhere close to the $46.55 you were so proud of.
Libslam

Carlsbad, NM

#2 Aug 22, 2008
Just looking, your apropos remarks seem to keep things on even keel. Keep it up.
patio

Levelland, TX

#3 Aug 22, 2008
Mr Mitchell didn't set the type for the paper...the newspaper did, and ther proofreader didn't catch it....

I agree with you Mr. Mitchell...we do the same thing. We do not fill up in Artesia, when going to Roswell. In fact, I watch how much I drive. If I have to go out, I make the trip count.
Just Looking

Carlsbad, NM

#4 Aug 22, 2008
patio wrote:
Mr Mitchell didn't set the type for the paper...the newspaper did, and ther proofreader didn't catch it....
I agree with you Mr. Mitchell...we do the same thing. We do not fill up in Artesia, when going to Roswell. In fact, I watch how much I drive. If I have to go out, I make the trip count.
Well, that is what I thought first also, until he clearly stated he had close to a fifty dollar savings later in the letter.
CPL593H

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Aug 22, 2008
Mr. Mitchell,
Agree!
It seems that that the price of gas is coming down nationally due to decreased demand so lets take that model and as you suggest boycott the local stations when we can. Problem is that they probably get the lions share of their sales from oil field customers.
Scott Maxwell

Carlsbad, NM

#6 Nov 23, 2009
As our government keeps printing and borrowing money from countries like China, they are causing the worth of the dollar to fall. What does that me to us?

In the near future, interest rates will have to go up. This will drive the cost of everything to go up. Government will have to cut back on medicaid, food stamps, and welfare. The cost of medicine, food, gas, and housing just to name a few. If you are poor, this will hurt you more than anyone. You might have to pay $5.00 for a loaf of bread. This means if you buy food now for $50.00 a month it could cost you $150.00.

I know that it sounds good to have the government give up things. But nothing comes for free. The poor may think that the government is going to pick up the tab on their living expenses, but; this will not happen. Services will be cut, medical care will be almost impossible to obtain, and you will have to decide whether to have food or housing.

This is serious. You should be telling Jeff Bingaman and Tom Udall that you thank them for trying to help but, they need to stop all additional spending so that YOU can afford to live. This is not scare tactics on my behalf. This is the TRUTH.

Our government plans to spend more money than everyone in this State will make in a lifetime and the cost of EVERYTHING will go up. Have you notices that in countries like Russia, China, and India, as examples, have millions of people who can afford to by the food we, in the United States, throw away. This can and will happen to us if we done demand that the government STOP spending.

I am disabled and live on a fixed income and I am very worried about all of our futures.
agent 007

United States

#7 Nov 23, 2009
Scott Maxwell wrote:
As our government keeps printing and borrowing money from countries like China, they are causing the worth of the dollar to fall. What does that me to us?
In the near future, interest rates will have to go up. This will drive the cost of everything to go up. Government will have to cut back on medicaid, food stamps, and welfare. The cost of medicine, food, gas, and housing just to name a few. If you are poor, this will hurt you more than anyone. You might have to pay $5.00 for a loaf of bread. This means if you buy food now for $50.00 a month it could cost you $150.00.
I know that it sounds good to have the government give up things. But nothing comes for free. The poor may think that the government is going to pick up the tab on their living expenses, but; this will not happen. Services will be cut, medical care will be almost impossible to obtain, and you will have to decide whether to have food or housing.
This is serious. You should be telling Jeff Bingaman and Tom Udall that you thank them for trying to help but, they need to stop all additional spending so that YOU can afford to live. This is not scare tactics on my behalf. This is the TRUTH.
Our government plans to spend more money than everyone in this State will make in a lifetime and the cost of EVERYTHING will go up. Have you notices that in countries like Russia, China, and India, as examples, have millions of people who can afford to by the food we, in the United States, throw away. This can and will happen to us if we done demand that the government STOP spending.
I am disabled and live on a fixed income and I am very worried about all of our futures.
people can talk to Tom and Jeff till they are blue in the face, but all they are going to do is what berry hussien tells them to do. They don't care about the poor of this state

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gaines County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rodolfo Chavarria-Balderrama (Dec '09) Dec '13 Nicole Medina-Garcia 21
NewsChannel 11 Sits Down With the Family of Sea... (Apr '08) Nov '13 Jackie J - Roches... 7
Hobbs man indicted for double homicide (Jun '12) Jun '12 glumtg 1
Two arrested, charged in Seminole murder (Feb '10) Mar '10 unknown 25
Stubbs had ink in his veins (Oct '09) Oct '09 johnqpublic 4
Arson Arrest (Apr '08) Apr '08 NOT AVAILABLE 1
Tuesday night storm batters Seminole (Jun '07) Jun '07 michael sellars 1

Gaines County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE