Irene Matthews & children in Quincy, ...

Irene Matthews & children in Quincy, Fl - November 21,1982

Posted in the Gadsden County Forum

Cyrena

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#1 Jun 16, 2008
Gunn Cemetery in Quincy, FL has Irene, Sabrina, Leandra, Shantay, Tobne and Chenquan Matthews all deceased on November 21, 1982. Does anyone know what happened to them?
Melanie

Tallahassee, FL

#2 Jul 9, 2008
Cyrena wrote:
Gunn Cemetery in Quincy, FL has Irene, Sabrina, Leandra, Shantay, Tobne and Chenquan Matthews all deceased on November 21, 1982. Does anyone know what happened to them?
If I remeber correctly it was an auto accident. You might be able to contact the Gadsden County Times for more information.
Gina

Quincy, FL

#3 Sep 23, 2008
No Cyrena, it wasn't a car accident. They were the victims of a home fire.
Sabrina

Greenville, NC

#4 Apr 20, 2009
These individuals are actually my family members that were victims of a tragic house fire. The children listed, "Leandra, Shantay, Tobne, Chenquan and Sabrina," were all my uncles and my aunt in which my mother named me after her, Sabrina. Irene was the wife (my mother's stepmom) to Willie Frank Mathews. I'm trying to conduct my family tree now so i'm lookin for any information anyone could provide to me. Please email me at: [email protected]

Thanks
shu

Blountstown, FL

#5 Oct 26, 2009
There was an early morning fire in the house across from the cemetery and the family died in the fire. I think only one person, who was sleeping on the front porch, survived.
Brittany

United States

#6 May 20, 2012
I too am trying to put together my family tree & find out as much information as possible about my family! These individuals are also my relatives, due to the fact that S.B. Gunn was my grandfather! I have been to the Gunn cemetary with my father Louis Gunn & some of my aunts have told me it was.a fire as well. Please contact me if anyone thinks they are related & would like to share anymore [email protected] [email protected]!
Yamecha Gunn

Quincy, FL

#7 Mar 15, 2014
Irene Matthews was my sister. Yes, they all tragically died in a house in 1982. S.B. Gunn was also my father. The only survivor was husband, Willie Frank. Toshiba Woods and myself are blessed to be alive. I remember when we both wanted to stay the night that night but my dear mother said no and she took Toshiba home with me. God be the glory.

Since: May 14

Hartford, CT

#9 May 14, 2014
Yamecha,

Please send me an email - we are related - Willie Frank was my grandfather - my mother is his daughter Cynthia Wallace, daughter of Christine Wallace Gunn
Yamecha Gunn wrote:
Irene Matthews was my sister. Yes, they all tragically died in a house in 1982. S.B. Gunn was also my father. The only survivor was husband, Willie Frank. Toshiba Woods and myself are blessed to be alive. I remember when we both wanted to stay the night that night but my dear mother said no and she took Toshiba home with me. God be the glory.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gadsden County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gadsden High teacher arrested for sexual assault Aug '17 Joe Smith 1
News Illegal Immigrant Sweep Underway in Gadsden County (Jun '10) Nov '16 Trump WWIII 8
News State Attorney Files Motion to hold Gadsden Cou... (Sep '14) Sep '14 TLanier 1
News Gadsden YouthBuild Kicks off New School Year wi... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Charles Lopez 1
News Police chief, wife face domestic battery charges (Sep '11) Dec '12 Svilte 7
News Amores to be extradited to Mississippi (Aug '12) Aug '12 Cynthia moye 1
News Manhole Cover Thefts on the Rise in Quincy (May '12) May '12 Joycelgr 1
More from around the web