Man Gets 3 Years in Paving Scam

Man Gets 3 Years in Paving Scam

There are 57 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Dec 3, 2007, titled Man Gets 3 Years in Paving Scam. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

A Fulton County judge sentenced an admitted scam artist to three years in prison for bilking an elderly woman out of thousands of dollars.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
momof5

Commerce, GA

#47 Jan 8, 2011
J stanley wrote:
<quoted text>Of course these gadjas are jelos and they got nothing better to do than complain about rher driveway they got buyers remorse. I hope your moms don't get her money back she deserves what she paid for
These people are called Irish Travelers...they are from North Augusta, SC. Every year early Spring they travel to scam people on roofs, driveways, and other odd jobs. They sometimes can be dangerous and usually target the elderly....I have dealt with them and researched them. They wrongly took money from me, which I got back, and tried the next year to do the same to an elderly man that I knew. I approached them and they packed up and left him a free driveway! People should be really careful of them, they go to great lengths to cover their tracks. All of their information seems legit (car tags, business lic, etc) until you dig for the right information with their social security numbers. Google them you will be amazed, there have been specials on them on such shows as 48 hours. There is more to these people than just complaining about a driveway or roof...they can be dangerous.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#48 Jan 9, 2011
J stanley wrote:
<quoted text>Of course these gadjas are jelos and they got nothing better to do than complain about rher driveway they got buyers remorse. I hope your moms don't get her money back she deserves what she paid for
Warning people about fraudulent criminals that prey upon honest taxpayers is one of the assets of this forum. I understand why you dislike it, you appear to be one of those nonstandard English speaking criminals. You have exposed yourself, keep it up. The more we know about you the more ammo we have against you and your kind. Your post does not make you appear to be very bright, you might want to go to school to become more proficient in the English language, and then you will not have to use fraud to live.

Location hidden

#49 Jan 9, 2011
momof5 wrote:
<quoted text>
These people are called Irish Travelers...they are from North Augusta, SC. Every year early Spring they travel to scam people on roofs, driveways, and other odd jobs. They sometimes can be dangerous and usually target the elderly....I have dealt with them and researched them. They wrongly took money from me, which I got back, and tried the next year to do the same to an elderly man that I knew. I approached them and they packed up and left him a free driveway! People should be really careful of them, they go to great lengths to cover their tracks. All of their information seems legit (car tags, business lic, etc) until you dig for the right information with their social security numbers. Google them you will be amazed, there have been specials on them on such shows as 48 hours. There is more to these people than just complaining about a driveway or roof...they can be dangerous.
You are correct, thanks for warning others. I had an experience with one that wanted to paint a roof on a barn on one of my farms. He was such a cheerful character until I asked for references. I told him I was a cousin to the sheriff and needed his SS and driver's license #'s so my cousin could check his background. He said he would be back in touch, never heard from the criminal again.
surplus paving

North Augusta, SC

#50 Jan 11, 2011
rumney paving is better
$5.00 sq. ft. for a half inch of left over asphalt
momof5

Commerce, GA

#51 Jan 13, 2011
surplus paving wrote:
rumney paving is better
$5.00 sq. ft. for a half inch of left over asphalt
a paving company from North Augusta, SC....hmmm by any chance from Murphy Village?

Location hidden

#52 Jan 13, 2011
momof5 wrote:
<quoted text>
a paving company from North Augusta, SC....hmmm by any chance from Murphy Village?
Anyone who would advertise for a paving company and use N. Augusta, SC as an address is not business savvy. That is the address of all the gypsy con artist.
haha

Fort Worth, TX

#54 Apr 5, 2011
momof5 wrote:
<quoted text>
he is rumney you suvin dinlo obviously he doesnt live in murphys village thats where travellers life.
jerryfingers

York, ME

#55 Jun 8, 2011
cant please everyone
jerryfingers

York, ME

#56 Jun 8, 2011
suv it5816
I KNOW BETTER

Hanover, PA

#57 Dec 11, 2012
joe wrote:
hay i im a home owner my self i got a paved drive way if i cant tell the paver no from the begining i shouldent start a bout calling people scamers i should no i good price from a bad price before i get it done not after
You are not fooling anyone, if you would accept no for an answer the first ten times you are told no, people wouldn't be in this situation. Too bad your paving skills come nowhere close to your selling skills. I always said if rumnies would put as much attention to the workmanship and not being a overbearing asshole, they would have a business that would take care of them instead of having to knock a door everyday. I know, i did it.
nyrumney

United States

#58 Feb 9, 2014
Kek rocker ulets
phx scotchie

United States

#59 May 1, 2014
suckeesjohnson phx az wrote:
to many dents findin out whats reaplly goin on!
im sure all these posts along wit gypsy sis and and wedding bein played nightly dont help lol
Casey Stacey

United States

#60 Jan 28, 2015
John is a very sick man these days even as he looks so healthy the H.I.V. Virus is slowly killing him:(
valentin miller

Cambridge, MA

#61 Feb 18, 2015
goin to prison sux
John Stacy

Phoenix, AZ

#62 Feb 19, 2015
valentin miller wrote:
goin to prison sux
mr Stacey must have contracted the H.I.V. Virus while he was in prison whileaking love to his cell mate?
Bev Sutphin

Cambridge, MA

#64 Jul 14, 2015
Stanley boy wrote:
All u rumneychel pulas can eat my ass loudeasta forever btw George Stanley had beautiful equipment boyyyy
So Stanley boy, did you SUCK & SWALLOW Georges equipment?
Chrome pipes

Minot, ND

#65 Sep 6, 2015
Stanley's rule and the rest of you drool!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fulton County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atlanta mayor to Trump: 'John Lewis an American... 4 min shot first whites 57
News King's daughter: Fight 'no matter who is in Whi... 12 hr ThomasA 5
News King's daughter: Fight 'no matter who is in Whi... 12 hr former democrat 1
News Fact-Checking Trump's About AtlantaBy PunditFac... Mon DR X 14
News Atlanta mayor to Trump: 'John Lewis an American... Mon Frogface Kate 11
News Freedom Riders: Civil Rights activists reflect,... Mon former democrat 1
News Wayne Williams' Father Speaks Out (May '08) Jan 12 Enquiring mind 147
More from around the web