Man Gets 3 Years in Paving Scam

There are 55 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Dec 3, 2007, titled Man Gets 3 Years in Paving Scam. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

A Fulton County judge sentenced an admitted scam artist to three years in prison for bilking an elderly woman out of thousands of dollars.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wil

United States

#1 Dec 25, 2007
I sincerely believe that my mom encountered this man and his driveway paving scam in SW Atlanta approx. 8-9 years ago. He asked could he pave her driveway and she said no. The next morn, he and several cohorts had paved her driveway and demanded money. She stated that to get them out of her house she gave the "heavy-set" on $400.00 dollars. He later returned approx. 4 months later demanding more but my mom, who was getting the mail, saw him coming and got into her house before he could stop her.
She was never the same (had a nervous breakdown)after her encounter with this hustler and I hope one day to meet him.
Luek

United States

#2 Dec 25, 2007
A few years ago my elderly mother called me from the placed she worked and said a man was there and he had some asphalt left over from a previous driveway paving job and was willing to pave her driveway real cheap. She wanted to know what I thought about the offer. I told her to put this guy on the phone and when he did I told him that the cops will be waiting for him when he came to pave her driveway. He left and never heard from him again.

There are thieves and then there are these types of lowlife bully's that prey on the old and vulnerable. I am glad to see that this particular maggot is going down and I am especially happy to see that the old woman will get most of her money back.
joe

AOL

#3 Jan 22, 2008
hay i im a home owner my self i got a paved drive way if i cant tell the paver no from the begining i shouldent start a bout calling people scamers i should no i good price from a bad price before i get it done not after
Mike Hunt

United States

#5 Feb 8, 2008
You peopole are crying over a drive way lol.
rose

United States

#6 Jul 17, 2008
Mike Hunt wrote:
You peopole are crying over a drive way lol.
No, we're crying over our president. Thanks.
peter

Cockeysville, MD

#7 Aug 22, 2008
hey look , i am a paving contractor that is fully lajit and ther are times when i have left over.belive me if i can get rid of it right next door i will.Granted i only charge material cost and its never more than a few ton.what i am trying to say is , don't be quick to judge only because someone knocked on your door.
paving contractor

Tampa, FL

#9 Oct 13, 2008
I am an honest paving contractor in Atlanta, G.A. and some times when im not getting any calls out of the phone book i go door to door trying to pave driveways or parking lots. Just because someone knocks on your door and wants to do paving work that doesent mean they are a scam artist. Always get a written contract before the job, so both you and the contractor are on the same page. Also ask the contractor for references if you need to. Its like everything else there are good and bad in everything.
melons sell good in atl

United States

#10 Oct 31, 2008
i pave for a flat $4.00 a square foot....and ill give ya two coats of sealer for $1.00 a square foot ...so if ya got a 10 by 150 foot drive it will be a flat $7500 to get your job done.....doesnt take much of a rocket scientist to figure that one out!!!
George Stanley

United States

#11 Nov 14, 2008
Hello. I'm George Stanley of Community Paving Co. & West Coast Paving. I drive all over the western U.S. doing shitty paving jobs & rip people off. I specialize in driveway repair for the elderly. Currently several law enforcment agencies are looking for me, but I'm in hiding now.
stan paver

Hampstead, NH

#12 Nov 16, 2008
George Stanley wrote:
Hello. I'm George Stanley of Community Paving Co. & West Coast Paving. I drive all over the western U.S. doing shitty paving jobs & rip people off. I specialize in driveway repair for the elderly. Currently several law enforcment agencies are looking for me, but I'm in hiding now.
u aint george u r jelous gorga
bballsgmc

Marlborough, NH

#13 Dec 5, 2008
Yes george stanley is prolly the biggest scumbag of all around ive herd he runs a sideshow from here to the green mountains anyone one who is jealous over his talents should become his cell mate his wifes mouth very big like great lake even when yu try n lay pipe it no close very big highway to hustle
bigblocktundra

Marlborough, NH

#14 Dec 5, 2008
i dont ripoff no one just my stepdad and the government but hey what the hell maybe my hand will marrie me its not my fault the only women i can get have no hair jimmy crack u lil werm hopefully u will bring plenty of lube where ur going it will make things easer btw i want my tv monitor back and my hub caps n goerge fonzy called he wants his hair back and yes ppl sometimes things end up costing alil more then expected its not pavers doing it its called inflation when u have something priced usually its called an estimate which is a guess at how much something would cost the price could go down or up nothing is set sorta like gas prices if u dont like the estimate get one from another same way u would go somewhere else to gas up however the qaulity of work like gas could be poor what to look for if you contractor in better business bereau like mines is and have contract if u want that too make sure u never get paved by company with substandard equipment and rusty old junk make sure they have orange cones to block off areas and always ask if the walkway is included so both u and the homeowner are not confused i btw this baby heweyson westside guy u menton mr waltham dont pave shitty ur atittude is what is shitty the people who work for him do
rockin the country

Cockeysville, MD

#17 Jan 9, 2009
george stanley u rock i wanna be like u 1 day learn me how lol
rockin the country

Greer, SC

#18 Jan 23, 2009
where here in greenville sc for now two weeks
sucks cant buy a job where on our way to

alabama $ 20 a ton lets go rock it in mobil
M Stanley

Hampstead, NH

#19 Apr 11, 2009
stop rockering navs your giving the gorgas much information.
Footin dinlo

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Jun 14, 2009
Suv it 6 lils a perry giera
John stacey

United States

#21 Jun 28, 2009
I own a to z paving and I like to scam to I now this guy he is not as good as me
coolcat

Charlestown, MA

#22 Aug 4, 2009
pump it up
suckeesjohnson

Chandler, AZ

#23 Aug 16, 2009
shits gettin way to hot, lot of people findin out bout whats really goin on
suckeesjohnson phx az

Chandler, AZ

#24 Aug 16, 2009
to many dents findin out whats really goin on!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fulton County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boys Allegedly Run Away from Atlanta Home: Police 23 hr Elmer 3
News Police investigate lewd image on Atlanta billboard May 12 Dwayne 1
News Man accused of punching child at Whole Foods in... May 1 AtlantaSUCKS 1
News Protestors gather to support Atlanta educators ... Apr 30 Baldwin 17
News Does Atlanta's leaderless social movement need ... Apr 28 tourist 2
News Is 2016 a 50-50 Proposition? Apr '15 Crazy Ray 2
News Jail for 9 of 10 ex-educators in Atlanta test-c... Apr '15 Go Blue Forever 1
More from around the web