Lopez back in center of Orange Cove i...

Lopez back in center of Orange Cove issues

There are 2 comments on the The Fresno Bee story from Feb 18, 2013, titled Lopez back in center of Orange Cove issues. In it, The Fresno Bee reports that:

In the year leading up to his 2010 election defeat, then-Orange Cove Mayor Victor Lopez unsuccessfully fought a proposal to reconstitute the city's Police Department and tangled with new Chief Frank Steenport.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Fresno Bee.

Shocker

Oakland, CA

#1 Feb 19, 2013
Victor Lopez didn't have anything to say to a reporter?? No wonder it's going to rain.

Sam Escobar keeps putting his foot in his mouth each time he talks to reporters. Get your story straight.

The city has $5 million in cash reserves so why are they reporting that they're in deficit spending? According to who?
vergon69

South San Francisco, CA

#2 Feb 19, 2013
the council doesn't "plan on getting rid of the Police Department. We want to hold on to the Police Department."
City Manager Sam Escobar, hired in 2011, echoed that thought.
"This is not what's on the agenda," he said. "This is not what is taking place. The chief is on paid absent leave. I'm not looking for a new chief."
As with so many things in Orange Cove, Lopez is at the heart of the dispute.
Not only did Lopez oppose the department's rebirth, he also went on an alleged tirade against Steenport in September 2010, not long before he lost his reelection bid.
At the time, Steenport said Lopez threatened him and told him to "watch your back." Lopez denied making any threats. The Fresno County Sheriff's Office subsequently looked into the matter.
Steenport did not return phone calls seeking comment.
Last November, Lopez was re-elected to the council, though not as mayor. Not long after, Steenport said he got tips of alleged voter fraud.
its clearly here he got fired since the police now's they commited fraud.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fresno County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pigs making themselves at home in foothill yards (Nov '08) Nov 15 Black Elk Speaks 6
News Accused Child Molester Arrested in Fresno (Apr '11) May '17 Chris 7
News Homicide in Mendota (Feb '08) Apr '17 Rigo 6
News Armed officers now stationed in jail lobby wher... (Sep '16) Mar '17 Scotty 2
Café Coffee Day Background Check (Nov '16) Nov '16 Jason 2
News Bishop Ron Allen, other area leaders speak out ... (Oct '16) Nov '16 Who 4
News A Lemoore NAS tradition: Change of command cere... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Danny 1
More from around the web