Frederick Immigration Enforcement Costly

There are 6 comments on the WUSA Washington, DC story from May 6, 2008, titled Frederick Immigration Enforcement Costly. In it, WUSA Washington, DC reports that:

FREDERICK COUNTY, MD Civil rights activists and advocates for immigrants say Frederick County's immigration enforcement program is costing local taxpayers at least $3.2 million in extra training, enforcement ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WUSA Washington, DC.

MrsG

Alexandria, VA

#1 May 6, 2008
Now show me the savings, which I'm sure in the long run will be a lot more money than the expenses........
ABC

Vienna, VA

#2 May 7, 2008
Well this is good news to the county because now they can smile while they lose money. Enjoy Frederick County
Smurf - VA

United States

#3 May 7, 2008
Not to say my opinion matters, I still say and will always say that this whole illegal immigration scenario is some thing the federal government should be handling. No individual counties or states should have to step in and set aside money within the budget to fight the immigration problem! Comments please!!!

“God Bless America”

Since: Feb 08

Woodbridge, VA

#4 May 7, 2008
Smurf, While I agree with you, it's because the Feds failed to enforce the law to begin with is why Counties, such as here in Prince William started these crackdowns.

ABC and MrsG, They won't lose money for long. Prince William County has saved over $6 million just from the schools alone. We haven't even gone into the savings from medical care that Hospitals are shelling out to those who don't know a lick of English but know how to say "Medicaid".

The Illegals will leave Frederick County, MD for other liberal areas that are more Illegal Friendly and then Frederick County will see the savings roll in.
Somebody With A Clue

Arlington, VA

#5 May 8, 2008
Smurf - VA wrote:
Not to say my opinion matters, I still say and will always say that this whole illegal immigration scenario is some thing the federal government should be handling.
You're right, but they're not doing their job so...

Nobody said that dealing with this problem would be cheap but in the long run it will be a lot less than the cost of supporting these folks. It's bitter-sweet because I am both happy to see that some counties are actually rising to the occasion while I'm sitting here embarassed to live in Montgomery County which appears to be the first "sanctuary county". Before long there will be no middle-class here at all. Everyone will either be a government worker, or a landscaper/dish washer/maid.

Rant off.
Pablo Alfaro

Washington, DC

#6 May 9, 2008
Somebody With A Clue wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, but they're not doing their job so...
Nobody said that dealing with this problem would be cheap but in the long run it will be a lot less than the cost of supporting these folks. It's bitter-sweet because I am both happy to see that some counties are actually rising to the occasion while I'm sitting here embarassed to live in Montgomery County which appears to be the first "sanctuary county". Before long there will be no middle-class here at all. Everyone will either be a government worker, or a landscaper/dish washer/maid.
Rant off.
Yeah costly cause the immigrants take over the country anyway. This is gang turf and they are in control.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frederick County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Frederick County Executive Jan Gardner Talks Trash Mar '15 Corey 1
News Supreme Court won't hear Frederick County sheri... (Mar '14) Mar '14 wild child 2
Action Alert: Frederick County Drinking Water U... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Potomac Conservancy 1
News Craig Officially Announces Haddaway-Riccio As R... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Dave Root 1
Beware USAA insurance banking mortgages (Jun '13) Jun '13 12andbucklemyshoe 1
News Disabled New Market man,forced from theater, dies (Feb '13) May '13 goodness 22
News The man has been identified as Peter V. O'Conne... (May '13) May '13 ThatGuy 1
More from around the web