Witness in Franklin County criminal homicide trial says deadly collision was avoidable

A man who was riding in Gerald Buterbaugh's truck when it hit Dale Henry told a jury Wednesday that the deadly collision seemed intentional. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
no justice

Chambersburg, PA

#1 Mar 31, 2011
Souders keeps changing his story...i do believe thats gronds for impeachment??
no justice

Chambersburg, PA

#2 Mar 31, 2011
*grounds*
Inch high private i

Blairs Mills, PA

#3 Mar 31, 2011
Sounds like he changed it to protect the guy who took him took him to the bar. And if the guy is disabled what was he doing riding four wheelers? When it was first reported his sister in law was on here saying that he was the designated driver. Glad the truth is coming out.
seenalot

Anna, OH

#4 Mar 31, 2011
The truth! The truth? What a "double edged sword" the truth can be. Sad way to die. No matter what, everyone in each family will never forget what a few drinks can do to a person. Moderation was not the order of the day that night. Too bad.
Want the facts

Carlisle, PA

#5 Mar 31, 2011
I wonder when the WHOLE truth will come out or will it ever? Everyone's afraid to speak the REAL truth!
Sonny

Holmes, PA

#6 Mar 31, 2011
Sounds like if it wasn't for this Souders "Kid" being along, none of this would have transpired in the first place. Take a Lesson, leave the youngins' at home.
good one

Carlisle, PA

#7 Mar 31, 2011
Souders said he remembers the sound of glass bottles hitting the truck. He could not say whether Henry was involved in the attack on himself or on the truck. He acknowledged during cross-examination that he was drunk at the time, and did not remember every detail.Yeah, he admits he was drunk at the time, but yet, he seems to remember every detail when it comes to blaming someone else. Seems like this boy has it out for Buterbaugh. Seems a little strange to me. Did the boy ever get charged with underage drinking or anything? He was so drunk, he couldn't remember who was beating him up? Yeah, I'll believe what he says....NOT!!!
__meek__

Gardners, PA

#8 Mar 31, 2011
I think there is way to many citations against Hillside they need to bee shut down...They still sere after 2a.m. Ive been there n left at 4 a.m. They need shut down . There are to many thngs that is not leagal there...
Johnny

Shippensburg, PA

#9 Mar 31, 2011
Bunch of mountain hicks, That is not the first death at hillside,There was one years ago a man hit another over the head with a bottle and he died, no one was ever brought to justice over that.The one that died was messing with the other ones wife,If anybody else remembers this put a comment on. There will be more deaths in that Bar it is a bad place, If you look cross eyed at one of the hicks all they want to do is bust your skull.
__meek__

Gardners, PA

#10 Mar 31, 2011
Yea another thing why did they serve the 20 who keeps changing his story ???They keep telling him too. He was suppose to be passed out or knocked out how can he rem. if he was not able to see out of his eye like they said ...I know alot of people who was there n saw the truth they are protecting someone .. Not fair at all...

“Not fallen”

Since: May 08

WalMartBoro, PA

#11 Mar 31, 2011
If Buterbaugh went directly to his truck, Waters pulled Souders out of the fight and the car's take-off is as described, it doesn't sound like an intentional rundown. Unfortunate it's unknown if Henry was involved in the outside fight.
Speaking of memory, doesn't Souders realize that his fate could have been quite different had Waters not pulled him out of a fight?...just wondering.
Sounds like Souders speaking to a woman and subsequently getting into a fight within the first drink round is no coincidence.
Rule of thumb:
"If it's got t*i*t*s or tires, it's trouble.

“Not fallen”

Since: May 08

WalMartBoro, PA

#12 Mar 31, 2011
*truck's
what

Greencastle, PA

#14 Mar 31, 2011
Johnny wrote:
Bunch of mountain hicks, That is not the first death at hillside,There was one years ago a man hit another over the head with a bottle and he died, no one was ever brought to justice over that.The one that died was messing with the other ones wife,If anybody else remembers this put a comment on. There will be more deaths in that Bar it is a bad place, If you look cross eyed at one of the hicks all they want to do is bust your skull.
A bunch of mountain hicks what ever and yes the bar does need to be closed i think there is a lot of things that goes on at that bar and about people who look cross sided at people you apartently make fun of people some people are crossed and are born that way i have 2 daugthers that were born that way
Johnny

Shippensburg, PA

#15 Mar 31, 2011
Who was making fun of cross eyed people?? I was not all I meant what is if somebody don't like the way you look at them they are ready to bust your head!!!!!!Sorry your daughters are cross eyed, They may be able to be fixed?? WOW!!!!!!!!!!Where do they come from???????
Family

Newport, PA

#16 Mar 31, 2011
good one wrote:
Souders said he remembers the sound of glass bottles hitting the truck. He could not say whether Henry was involved in the attack on himself or on the truck. He acknowledged during cross-examination that he was drunk at the time, and did not remember every detail.Yeah, he admits he was drunk at the time, but yet, he seems to remember every detail when it comes to blaming someone else. Seems like this boy has it out for Buterbaugh. Seems a little strange to me. Did the boy ever get charged with underage drinking or anything? He was so drunk, he couldn't remember who was beating him up? Yeah, I'll believe what he says....NOT!!!
Exactly - yet he believes he could have missed Henry?!? Come on now...
Family

Newport, PA

#17 Mar 31, 2011
All I know is I've never witnessed a fight at Hillside that wasn't followed by a crowd of on-lookers. Where are those witnesses??
common what

Franklin, MA

#18 Mar 31, 2011
what wrote:
<quoted text>A bunch of mountain hicks what ever and yes the bar does need to be closed i think there is a lot of things that goes on at that bar and about people who look cross sided at people you apartently make fun of people some people are crossed and are born that way i have 2 daugthers that were born that way
By the looks of your spelling and typing skills you must be cross-eyed too! Yes - it's cross-eyed, not "cross sided".

Get dressed and get to school. 5th grades starts soon.
MommaB

Gardners, PA

#20 Mar 31, 2011
This is why you don't let your kids grow up to be dumb drunk hicks.
dixiie wrecked

Saint Thomas, PA

#21 Mar 31, 2011
Since Souders keeps changing his story yet was breaking laws too, I wonder how much influence the police had in this. Being so young I suspect that he may have been intimidated/threatened by them in order for them to get statements they wanted.
Inch high private i

Newburg, PA

#22 Mar 31, 2011
dixiie wrecked wrote:
Since Souders keeps changing his story yet was breaking laws too, I wonder how much influence the police had in this. Being so young I suspect that he may have been intimidated/threatened by them in order for them to get statements they wanted.
Read the story. He was intimidated/threatened by the Buterbaugh clan when he made his first statement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Manitowoc layoff tallies to 315 (Jan '09) Jul '14 Abjewljebar 85
Episodes of worst reality show ever Jun '14 Really 1
shooting on i81 Jun '14 getem 1
egor Jun '14 martz 1
Department of justice announces charges against... May '14 spud 2
Cash, potato chips stolen from Franklin County ... May '14 Ha Ha 3
Harrisburg City freezes hiring to manage budget... Apr '14 lady 1

Franklin County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE