PO THUMBS DOWN: Let's stick to reality-based allegations

We've been getting letters lately about incumbent Franklin County commissioners ignoring the wishes of voters. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DUH

Chambersburg, PA

#21 Apr 18, 2011
"No, only public employees are getting increases!!! The people must pay for these increases and this is wrong."

Um, no. Obviously you didn't pay attention to the years when no county employees received raises. Did you know that Franklin County employees make almost half of what employees in other surrounding counties make? Might want to check your d*mn facts.
zippy

United States

#22 Apr 18, 2011
more of the same wrote:
<quoted text>
And, in Chambersburg, we never did get our evening meeting, did we? The commissioners held one in Waynesboro, Shippensburg, and Mercersburg, but never one in the core of their county seat. At one public meeting, held by "the people", one commissioner showed up, said what he wanted to say, then left. No questions answered.
Still waiting for that meeting......
As I said before, both challengers would have built the courthouse, and anyone who knows Pellicano also knows that he is the most arrogant man alive, and wouldn't listen to the taxpayers either. He causes trouble anywhere he goes.
Just me

Chambersburg, PA

#23 Apr 18, 2011
DUH wrote:
Can I just say this is somewhat of a breath of fresh air Matt Major. I get so tired of people putting their fingers in their ears and doing the "La la la - I can't hear you" bit. I've been saying all along that I couldn't understand why people were being so closed minded, we need a new courthouse and would've save tons of money building one when we had the chance, while costs were low. Instead, the commissioners listened to county residents and backed down...you would'nt have thought it though because everyone's still bashing them about the initial idea. God people, get real.
The ONLY reason they "backed down" was because they wanted to get reelected. What interest do you have in building a new courthouse? We the working people of this country are being taxed to death. We did not make huge salaries in other states then move here in order to avoid paying income tax on our retirement. We chose to stay here after getting our education even tho income is less than other places because we like the small town atmosphere. But alas that is changing with all the influx of retirement income tax evaders. They are used to the best of the best, go back to where ever it is you came from and let us natives alone.
Just Saying

Jersey City, NJ

#24 Apr 18, 2011
Dancing around the obvious is easy to do when the obvious is not what we want to hear or see. Being products of this society takes us to a whole new level of misunderstandings and the drive to avoid accountability. What is obvious is that we are all looking for perfection and immunity from disappointment. In some cases the impact to others is a small sacrifice for self proclaimed success and divinity. We are human and we forget that from time to time. In those moments of memory laps we scramble to find a solution to the messes we’ve made. But, what if we agreed that we are all human and human error is part of our DNA. What if we realized that perfection is merely an illusion and the margin for error is great? Could it be possible that the slightest understanding of this may avoid unnecessary conflict? Conflict that we create fixing the things that surfaced form our self indulging need for recognition and personal comfort. Do we as humans really do things for the whole or is it possible that in the back of our minds we secretly long for personal gratification. It seems that most of society has the mind set of what’s in it for me? How many people walk up knowing that their actions that day are selfless and good for the whole? How many people forget to allow themselves to be selfish for a moment to stay human and sane? My point is we are what we are but forget that we are human. Take a moment to remind yourself of this and block out all the megalomaniacs of the world telling you you’re wrong and their divine presents should humble you. Your human and should be aware that things happen and your going to be alright it you take accountability for your actions. You’re going to be all right if you do a selfless act and go home without anyone noticing, and you’re going to be all right if you are selfish for a moment. It’s just in our DNA. Except it!
DUH

Chambersburg, PA

#25 Apr 18, 2011
Just me wrote:
<quoted text>The ONLY reason they "backed down" was because they wanted to get reelected. What interest do you have in building a new courthouse? We the working people of this country are being taxed to death. We did not make huge salaries in other states then move here in order to avoid paying income tax on our retirement. We chose to stay here after getting our education even tho income is less than other places because we like the small town atmosphere. But alas that is changing with all the influx of retirement income tax evaders. They are used to the best of the best, go back to where ever it is you came from and let us natives alone.
I think it is so funny that you think you have a clue about where I've come from. I am a born and raised Franklin County resident. I pay my taxes too sweetheart. I plan on staying in this county until I die. I just don't understand why everyone complains so much. Maybe if you have such a problem with it is you who should consider a different location. Man did you just show your ignorance. Hahahaha.
wake up

Shippensburg, PA

#26 Apr 19, 2011
Who will profit from the new Franklin County Courthouse decision?
A few property owners, consultants, engineers and contractors all stand to profit from a courthouse relocation project estimated to cost upwards of $50 million.
The Franklin County Commissioners are considering at least three potential locations for consolidating the county''s judicial, administrative and human service functions. Each requires the purchase of additional land. The cost of real estate is a small portion of the total cost -- as much as $13 million or as little as $2 million.
County consultant Carter Goble Lee of Columbia, S.C., would made more than $1.5 million overseeing the project.
Real Estate
Up to five property owners could sell land to the county -- three downtown businessmen, the Jennings dealership and BCR Properties LP. The county has appraised at least five properties.
The Commissioners have stated a preference for building a judicial center on the Jennings property at North Second and Grant streets.
The Jennings brothers, Thomas W. and Allan E. "Skip" Jennings Jr., own about six acres. They plan to move their car dealership to a complex on Norland Avenue in 2011. Jennings Holdings LLC bought the 11 acres between Gateway Avenue and Parkwood Drive for $2.3 million in 2006.
According to courthouse records, the Jennings brothers spend more than $1.5 million from 1995 to 1999 accumulating real estate at the corner. In addition, they spent $390,000 in 2003 for an acre nearby on Grant Street that the county might use for parking.
wake up

Shippensburg, PA

#27 Apr 19, 2011
Consultants
County commissioners hired CGL to watch over locating, designing and constructing the courthouse and county offices.
CGLoversaw construction of the Franklin County Jail when G. Warren Elliott chaired the board of commissioners. Elliott went to work for CGL two years after retiring from the office and a month after a new board of commissioners hired CGL as project manager for the courthouse project.
Elliott, a CGL vice president of business development, has said finds new clients for CGL and is not involved with existing clients, such as the Franklin County
CGL has two agreements withthe current commissioners:
-- In the first (May 2008,) the county agreed to pay $100,000 for CGL to assess the county''s need for space, evaluate county buildings, develop and analyze options and make recommendations. The agreement was extended in March 2009.
-- In the second (August 2009,) the county hired CGL to manage the courthouse/consolidation project for a fee -- 3.6 percent of all costs and expenses incurred by the county, excluding land acquisition costs and CGL''s fee.
Taken together on a $50 million project, the fees would earn CGL more than $1.5 million and possibly $1.7 million, depending on real estate costs.
The project management agreement with CGL can be amended if the project budget changes by more than $500,000 or more service is required from the project manager or if the schedule is extended by two months or longer.
CGL''s fee on county''s $30 million jail was 3 percent, or about $900,000.
wake up

Shippensburg, PA

#28 Apr 19, 2011
May 17, 2011 Election

Vote for Dan Pellicano, Commissioner

and

Vote for Larry Funk, Commissioner

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Department of justice announces charges against... (May '14) Nov 10 amber 3
Manitowoc layoff tallies to 315 (Jan '09) Jul '14 Abjewljebar 85
Episodes of worst reality show ever Jun '14 Really 1
shooting on i81 Jun '14 getem 1
egor Jun '14 martz 1
Cash, potato chips stolen from Franklin County ... (May '14) May '14 Ha Ha 3
Harrisburg City freezes hiring to manage budget... (Apr '14) Apr '14 lady 1

Franklin County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE