PO THUMBS DOWN: Let's stick to realit...

PO THUMBS DOWN: Let's stick to reality-based allegations

There are 28 comments on the Public Opinion story from Apr 16, 2011, titled PO THUMBS DOWN: Let's stick to reality-based allegations. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

We've been getting letters lately about incumbent Franklin County commissioners ignoring the wishes of voters.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sobeit

Greencastle, PA

#1 Apr 17, 2011
If the Public Opinion were truly concerned about reality-based allegations, it would not have Matt Major running it editorial page. And it would pull out of Topix.
Local

Chambersburg, PA

#2 Apr 17, 2011
No comprende!
Lester Shavonavich

Carlisle, PA

#3 Apr 17, 2011
Just couldn't resist getting the dig in about punishing criminals could you Matt? Indoctrinated liberal editors just hate to see criminals punished.
Lester Shavonavich

Carlisle, PA

#4 Apr 17, 2011
Is this an endorsement of incumbents?
zippy

United States

#5 Apr 17, 2011
The fact is the neither of the Republican challengers will say that they wuldn't have voted to build the courthouse, but they both want you to think that they are just smarter and better than our current commissioners, which definitely isn't the case.
zippy

United States

#6 Apr 17, 2011
sorry..."wuldn't" = "wouldn't"
edward

New York, NY

#7 Apr 17, 2011
The two nimrods running on the Republican side, Pellicano and F..u..n..k, are just people in search of a paycheck. Pellicano hasn't had a real job since he moved here from New Jersey several years ago and now the Taylors and the Pace's have picked him to be their boy in the courthouse.
Take another look

Greencastle, PA

#8 Apr 17, 2011
"...in a county that seems to love to punish criminals".

Really? I guess if you interpret probation, concurrent sentences, stipulated local sentences, ignored minimum mandatory sentences, early termination from probation, "day reporting", and weekend-only jail sentences as loving to punish, you are correct.
Local

Chambersburg, PA

#9 Apr 17, 2011
Lester Shavonavich wrote:
Is this an endorsement of incumbents?
Was bascially my question. What point is the editor making....if any?
zippy

United States

#10 Apr 17, 2011
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
Was bascially my question. What point is the editor making....if any?
I think the point is that some people are complaining that the commissioners don't listen to the people, and they repeatedly cite the Courthouse as an example. The ignore the FACT that the commissioners DID listen to the people and dropped the courthouse project, a FACT that is inconvenient for power-hungry people like Pellicano, larryfunk, the Taylors, the Paces and others who badly want position in life. These clowns are forced to set up a false strawman in order to knock it down and hopefully fool enough people into voting them into POWER.

Matt Major's point is well-made, for once.
Finiust T Rainbow

Carlisle, PA

#11 Apr 17, 2011
zippy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the point is that some people are complaining that the commissioners don't listen to the people, and they repeatedly cite the Courthouse as an example. The ignore the FACT that the commissioners DID listen to the people and dropped the courthouse project, a FACT that is inconvenient for power-hungry people like Pellicano, larryfunk, the Taylors, the Paces and others who badly want position in life. These clowns are forced to set up a false strawman in order to knock it down and hopefully fool enough people into voting them into POWER.
Here. Here. I thought the Renegade Coalition supported Reagan's commandment to not speak ill of fellow Republicans.
one who knows

Harrisburg, PA

#12 Apr 17, 2011
edward wrote:
The two nimrods running on the Republican side, Pellicano and ****..u..n..k, are just people in search of a paycheck. Pellicano hasn't had a real job since he moved here from New Jersey several years ago and now the Taylors and the Pace's have picked him to be their boy in the courthouse.
And all we heard for 2 years from these dolts is"we're going to clean out the courthouse"...whata joke. Taylor, Pace, Skunk, losers all!!
zippy

Ashburn, VA

#13 Apr 17, 2011
zippy wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan Pellicano? He was the one who belonged to "Republicans for Obama", wasn't he? A true New Jersey "Republican", to be sure!
zippy

United States

#14 Apr 17, 2011
zippy wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan Pellicano? He was the one who belonged to "Republicans for Obama", wasn't he? A true New Jersey "Republican", to be sure!
HEY! USE YOUR OWN SCREEN NAME! THERE IS ONLY ONE 'zippy!'
cashs grad

Harrisburg, PA

#15 Apr 17, 2011
Local wrote:
No comprende!
Your "name" says it all - local. Some of you people just can't make a comment without making it racist, can you?

Since: Dec 09

Chambersburg, PA

#16 Apr 17, 2011
Write on, Matt! We laugh everytime we see another one of those courthouse letters. I guess the writers are hoping to reach enough dimwits to put their guys in office. It's sad these Republican candidates have such a low opinion of the electorate.
SOME REALITY FOR MATT

Jersey Shore, PA

#17 Apr 17, 2011
It appears that at least one editor at the PO is all for the incumbents!

Matt, it took THOUSANDS of petition signatures to "stop" the project. And one month before the "stop" the county purchased THREE buildings. Do you even check your own paper's facts? That makes folks wonder, is it really "stopped?"

And why did it get started anyway? 2008, at the height of the economic downturn? That is a time to raise a $60,000,000 project? That is what has folks angry. It is about leadership not buildings Matt. We all know you know that.
more of the same

Greencastle, PA

#18 Apr 18, 2011
SOME REALITY FOR MATT wrote:
It appears that at least one editor at the PO is all for the incumbents!
Matt, it took THOUSANDS of petition signatures to "stop" the project. And one month before the "stop" the county purchased THREE buildings. Do you even check your own paper's facts? That makes folks wonder, is it really "stopped?"
And why did it get started anyway? 2008, at the height of the economic downturn? That is a time to raise a $60,000,000 project? That is what has folks angry. It is about leadership not buildings Matt. We all know you know that.
And, in Chambersburg, we never did get our evening meeting, did we? The commissioners held one in Waynesboro, Shippensburg, and Mercersburg, but never one in the core of their county seat. At one public meeting, held by "the people", one commissioner showed up, said what he wanted to say, then left. No questions answered.

Still waiting for that meeting......
wake up

Newville, PA

#19 Apr 18, 2011
If you go to the commissioners' meetings or read their minutes on the county website, you will see that the incumbent commissioners (all three) always agree on everything (vote yes on every motion). You will see that they are representing the "good ole boy system" with contracts, land deal incentives, and hiring. This is supporting the "Elected Elite" mindset and not representing the best interest of the people. You have an opportunity to change to an open & transparent operations of government which is the best disinfectant for "Elected Elite good ole boys". Their current mindset is 2%-3% increase for everything. Is this realistic when compared to the private sector? No, only public employees are getting increases!!! The people must pay for these increases and this is wrong. Vote for change.
DUH

Chambersburg, PA

#20 Apr 18, 2011
Can I just say this is somewhat of a breath of fresh air Matt Major. I get so tired of people putting their fingers in their ears and doing the "La la la - I can't hear you" bit. I've been saying all along that I couldn't understand why people were being so closed minded, we need a new courthouse and would've save tons of money building one when we had the chance, while costs were low. Instead, the commissioners listened to county residents and backed down...you would'nt have thought it though because everyone's still bashing them about the initial idea. God people, get real.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Court map could impact local race for Congress Feb 22 Belg 1
News Former popular Chambersburg hangout to bea (Jul '17) Sep '17 Test 2
Mercersburg pa rutters Sep '17 Michael j martz 1
News 2 men charged with illegal re-entry (Jun '17) Jun '17 spytheweb 1
News A fee for state police: Fair or double taxation? (Feb '17) Feb '17 grab your wallet 2
Vincent e martz egor (Jan '17) Jan '17 martz friends 1
Vincent e martz-egor (Mar '16) Jun '16 martz friends 2
More from around the web