Franklin County in tornado watch area

Franklin County in tornado watch area

There are 10 comments on the Public Opinion story from Apr 27, 2011, titled Franklin County in tornado watch area. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

The National Weather Service has issued a tornado warning for Franklin County until 10 p.m. today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

Embedded Citizen

Hagerstown, MD

#1 Apr 27, 2011
Wrong PO.
It is a tornado WATCH, not a warning.
==========
Issued by The National Weather Service
State College, PA
3:12 pm EDT, Wed., Apr. 27, 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED TORNADO WATCH 236 IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM EDT THIS EVENING FOR THE FOLLOWING AREAS

IN PENNSYLVANIA THIS WATCH INCLUDES 33 COUNTIES

IN CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA

ADAMS BEDFORD BLAIR CAMBRIA CAMERON CENTRE CLEARFIELD CLINTON COLUMBIA CUMBERLAND DAUPHIN ELK FRANKLIN FULTON HUNTINGDON JUNIATA LANCASTER LEBANON LYCOMING MCKEAN MIFFLIN MONTOUR NORTHUMBERLAND PERRY POTTER SCHUYLKILL SNYDER SOMERSET SULLIVAN TIOGA UNION WARREN YORK
Chbg Grad

Chambersburg, PA

#2 Apr 27, 2011
I think they just need to proofread...the headline states watch, but article changes it to warning
Embedded Citizen wrote:
Wrong PO.
It is a tornado WATCH, not a warning.
==========
Issued by The National Weather Service
State College, PA
3:12 pm EDT, Wed., Apr. 27, 2011
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED TORNADO WATCH 236 IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM EDT THIS EVENING FOR THE FOLLOWING AREAS
IN PENNSYLVANIA THIS WATCH INCLUDES 33 COUNTIES
IN CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA
ADAMS BEDFORD BLAIR CAMBRIA CAMERON CENTRE CLEARFIELD CLINTON COLUMBIA CUMBERLAND DAUPHIN ELK FRANKLIN FULTON HUNTINGDON JUNIATA LANCASTER LEBANON LYCOMING MCKEAN MIFFLIN MONTOUR NORTHUMBERLAND PERRY POTTER SCHUYLKILL SNYDER SOMERSET SULLIVAN TIOGA UNION WARREN YORK
LIL JOHN

Shippensburg, PA

#3 Apr 27, 2011
Embedded Citizen wrote:
Wrong PO.
It is a tornado WATCH, not a warning.
==========
Issued by The National Weather Service
State College, PA
3:12 pm EDT, Wed., Apr. 27, 2011
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED TORNADO WATCH 236 IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM EDT THIS EVENING FOR THE FOLLOWING AREAS
IN PENNSYLVANIA THIS WATCH INCLUDES 33 COUNTIES
IN CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA
ADAMS BEDFORD BLAIR CAMBRIA CAMERON CENTRE CLEARFIELD CLINTON COLUMBIA CUMBERLAND DAUPHIN ELK FRANKLIN FULTON HUNTINGDON JUNIATA LANCASTER LEBANON LYCOMING MCKEAN MIFFLIN MONTOUR NORTHUMBERLAND PERRY POTTER SCHUYLKILL SNYDER SOMERSET SULLIVAN TIOGA UNION WARREN YORK
At least the headline is right , surprisngly enough!~
Boulder gash

West Jefferson, NC

#4 Apr 27, 2011
Looks like some people have a need to complain no matter what....get a life or a job.

I know...why not give some of your free time to the Public Opinion as proof readers.

This way, you can blame yourself for misprint or misleading information.

Who knows, you may even learn what it means from a Headline to leading into the story really means.

As they say, try it you may like it.
LIL JOHN

Shippensburg, PA

#5 Apr 27, 2011
AT 617 PM EDT...WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR CONTINUED TO INDICATE A
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WITH STRONG ROTATION THAT MAY BE PRODUCING A
TORNADO. THIS STORM THAT MAY BE PRODUCING A TORNADO WAS LOCATED NEAR
WILLOW HILL...OR 16 MILES NORTHWEST OF CHAMBERSBURG...MOVING
NORTHEAST AT 35 MPH.
THE TORNADO WILL BE NEAR...
DOYLESBURG AROUND 630 PM EDT...
http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php...
Just Me

Gettysburg, PA

#6 Apr 27, 2011
I think they are right. I have the news on and it was changed to a warning.

Really people. Do you have nothing better to do than to sit around and read a FREE online paper and complain?!?!
Just Me

Gettysburg, PA

#8 Apr 27, 2011
LIL JOHN wrote:
<quoted text>
Ao you watch mind numbing TV all day -- are you sick and tired
Priceless
Not quite. I work 9 hours a day and only watch the news as I like to remain educated rather than harrass others on a forum. Some people do have a life.
Embedded Citizen

Chambersburg, PA

#9 Apr 27, 2011
Just Me wrote:
I think they are right. I have the news on and it was changed to a warning.
Really people. Do you have nothing better to do than to sit around and read a FREE online paper and complain?!?!
Hey d-bag, when the story was posted roughly 3 hours ago, it was a Watch. Go figure, the weather changed.

Now go back to your cartoons.
Embedded Citizen

Chambersburg, PA

#10 Apr 27, 2011
Boulder gash wrote:
Looks like some people have a need to complain no matter what....get a life or a job.
I know...why not give some of your free time to the Public Opinion as proof readers.
This way, you can blame yourself for misprint or misleading information.
Who knows, you may even learn what it means from a Headline to leading into the story really means.
As they say, try it you may like it.
Proofreading the PO would be a full time job.
mr sarcasm

Chambersburg, PA

#11 Apr 27, 2011
Embedded Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Proofreading the PO would be a full time job.
amen to that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Supreme Court refuses to hear CASD appeal Wed DGS 1
the four state slasher con! horror and rock n r... Mar '15 fourstateslashercon 1
News Cold Case: The murder of Freddie Brumfield & th... (Jun '12) Mar '15 Carmella 5
News CASD seeks to remove Dusman as assistant superi... (Dec '14) Dec '14 GenPatton 5
News Department of justice announces charges against... (May '14) Nov '14 amber 3
News Manitowoc layoff tallies to 315 (Jan '09) Jul '14 Abjewljebar 85
News Episodes of worst reality show ever (Jun '14) Jun '14 Really 1
More from around the web