Neighbor charged with homicide

Neighbor charged with homicide

There are 287 comments on the Public Opinion story from Aug 15, 2009, titled Neighbor charged with homicide. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

There was apparently bad blood between two men involved in a fight Thursday night that ended in the death of one of the men.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

concerned citizen Cburg

United States

#321 Aug 20, 2009
I just have one question. Everyone wants to condem and make a big issue over Chad Kirby ( white man ) shooting Alan Buttermore ( black man) so tell me why didn't we have all this when the black man shot Tim Short (white man ) in the back and killed him in the projects walking home one night. I don't remember anyone calling Al Sharton or Jesse Jackson on that Mr. Crittenden and Mr. Smith. I say Chad Kirby should be set free he was only defending himself.It is time the white people stand up for theirselves and not let the backs use the race card all the time. We are getting sick of it.
Truth

Manahawkin, NJ

#322 Aug 20, 2009
concerned citizen Cburg wrote:
I just have one question. Everyone wants to condem and make a big issue over Chad Kirby ( white man ) shooting Alan Buttermore ( black man) so tell me why didn't we have all this when the black man shot Tim Short (white man ) in the back and killed him in the projects walking home one night. I don't remember anyone calling Al Sharton or Jesse Jackson on that Mr. Crittenden and Mr. Smith. I say Chad Kirby should be set free he was only defending himself.It is time the white people stand up for theirselves and not let the backs use the race card all the time. We are getting sick of it.
Did the shooter use a racial slur? I never once saw that reported. Do you know something the rest of the public does not?
Truth

Manahawkin, NJ

#324 Aug 20, 2009
You do realize that the victim was from the Dominican Republic? He was Hispanic, not African-American, but I guess to you they all look alike.

Also, Tim Short was shot in the head, not the back, you racist moron!
kant believe

Philadelphia, PA

#325 Aug 20, 2009
Ok mr. chad fanes.! if he had enough time to switch guns how come he didnt call 911 or if he felt like andy was trying to break into his house how come chad didnt take his 2 kids tht he was SO worried bout into a room and lock the door and kall 911.? cuz he number one didnt go to check on his kids cuz he is the one tht was having family issues. fighting w. his wife for a whole week. screaming and yelling. oo did chad tell u guys tht he choked his wife. i bet he didnt. yall think u kno chad but u dont. why dont u think most of his own family tht lives on his street doesnt talk to him. cuz they dont wanna get involved w. this crap. if sum guy choked u and choked ur kid and hit ur kid in the face dont u think u wuld get very very angry. and one of andys sons threw the bat to andy while he was at chads.
but chad is such an angel. ha well hes gna greeve w. wat he did for the rest of his life. he better put his butt up against the wall in jail and hope and pray tht no one in jail knows andy cuz trust me the word gets out tht he shot andy he aint gna have fun at all. and wat if he gets sent up state. with all the "colored ppl" hes gna have alot of fun. and yes chad wuld say the N word alot where do u think his 5 year old son got it from. and u dont think when chad told andy ur in the wrong neighborhood isnt being racist.? ok funny
kant believe

Philadelphia, PA

#326 Aug 20, 2009
Concerned wrote:
A baseball bat is considered a weapon just as a gun is, therefore neither party was less offensive then the other. If my husband was physically fighting with my neighbor, I would have tried to break it up, if my husband grabbed a baseball bat and started busting things up with it, I would try to stop him. I truly believe that Kelly did not try to stop the fight because she is scared of Andy and knows what he is capable of doing.
thts why kelly did kal 911 3 times and so did the neighbors. kelly walked over with andy to appologize to kirby and kirby wasnt having it. thts when kirby starting choking andy and my aunt kuldnt break them apart so she kalled for the boys to help. and thts when one of the sons punched kirby in the face for chokin his dad and then kirby choked the son and punched him. and then when kelly walked over to the other side of the street thts when kirby brought out his shot gun and kelly was like no no plz dont shoot him plz dont. so there u go smart one
kant believe

Philadelphia, PA

#327 Aug 20, 2009
jaybud wrote:
Does anyone know how the children are of both Andy and Kirby? I think when the majority of you people go to bed tonite,you should ask God to watch over all of them
idk how the kirby family is doing but i know the andy family is jus destroyed. kelly and andy were only married for 2 weeks. andy brought joy and love into tht family. the kids have never seen their parents so happy b4. now they have gotten destroyed.
nightshade

Coatesville, PA

#328 Aug 21, 2009
kant believe wrote:
Ok mr. chad fanes.! if he had enough time to switch guns how come he didnt call 911 or if he felt like andy was trying to break into his house how come chad didnt take his 2 kids tht he was SO worried bout into a room and lock the door and kall 911.? cuz he number one didnt go to check on his kids cuz he is the one tht was having family issues. fighting w. his wife for a whole week. screaming and yelling. oo did chad tell u guys tht he choked his wife. i bet he didnt. yall think u kno chad but u dont. why dont u think most of his own family tht lives on his street doesnt talk to him. cuz they dont wanna get involved w. this ****. if sum guy choked u and choked ur kid and hit ur kid in the face dont u think u wuld get very very angry. and one of andys sons threw the bat to andy while he was at chads.
but chad is such an angel. ha well hes gna greeve w. wat he did for the rest of his life. he better put his butt up against the wall in jail and hope and pray tht no one in jail knows andy cuz trust me the word gets out tht he shot andy he aint gna have fun at all. and wat if he gets sent up state. with all the "colored ppl" hes gna have alot of fun. and yes chad wuld say the N word alot where do u think his 5 year old son got it from. and u dont think when chad told andy ur in the wrong neighborhood isnt being racist.? ok funny
Great another one with the ghetto slang,care type in English at least?
Free Chad

Orrtanna, PA

#329 Aug 21, 2009
kant believe wrote:
Ok mr. chad fanes.! if he had enough time to switch guns how come he didnt call 911 or if he felt like andy was trying to break into his house how come chad didnt take his 2 kids tht he was SO worried bout into a room and lock the door and kall 911.? cuz he number one didnt go to check on his kids cuz he is the one tht was having family issues. fighting w. his wife for a whole week. screaming and yelling. oo did chad tell u guys tht he choked his wife. i bet he didnt. yall think u kno chad but u dont. why dont u think most of his own family tht lives on his street doesnt talk to him. cuz they dont wanna get involved w. this ****. if sum guy choked u and choked ur kid and hit ur kid in the face dont u think u wuld get very very angry. and one of andys sons threw the bat to andy while he was at chads.
It amazes me that someone who has the grammer and spelling skills of a 3rd grader, and apparently lives in a town 3hrs away, has so much knowledge of the situation.....and as far as the apology BS,,give me a break....

Hear is some simple info that perhaps you can understand.....In court, the words coulda/woulda/shoulda are not considered....simple. The fact will be self defense, or not.....simple.....
A jury will have to decide......and in case you dont know it,,,,EVERY single juror will have to agree that it WAS NOT self defense to convict Chad....IF ONE thinks self defense....its over...plain and simple......

Now looking at this board, half think it was, half think it wasn't,,,in case you cant do math, thats 50%-50%.....1 out of 12 is less than 10%....do you follow me???

You also might as well get off all the "other" meaningless crap about the N word(not illegal to say it),,,or whose marraige was better,,,blah blah blah.....doesnt matter.,,,,,or when the tox report shows your uncle was under the influence of drugs.......(ok matters somewhat).....the fact is he was shot because he was attacking with a bat...simple again....

You continue to make racist points about all the blacks "upstate" that could make life for Chad hell....grow up.....Chad has plenty of friends too, brother....and most of them are still on the outside....
nightshade

Coatesville, PA

#330 Aug 21, 2009
Free Chad wrote:
<quoted text>
It amazes me that someone who has the grammer and spelling skills of a 3rd grader, and apparently lives in a town 3hrs away, has so much knowledge of the situation.....and as far as the apology BS,,give me a break....
Hear is some simple info that perhaps you can understand.....In court, the words coulda/woulda/shoulda are not considered....simple. The fact will be self defense, or not.....simple.....
A jury will have to decide......and in case you dont know it,,,,EVERY single juror will have to agree that it WAS NOT self defense to convict Chad....IF ONE thinks self defense....its over...plain and simple......
No not over, if the jury can't agree, it's a hung jury and the prosecutor gets to start all over again. Of course, then Chad may be over a really good deal to plea to something lesser and maybe avoid jail all together.
I Feel Your Pain

Elizabethtown, PA

#331 Aug 21, 2009
What comes around wrote:
States with weak Castle Law
Pennsylvania - 18 Pa. Cons. Stat.§ 505 on the defense of self says there is no obligation to retreat from the home or workplace unless the actor was the initial aggressor or, in the latter case, set upon by a co-worker; however, "surrendering possession of a thing to a person asserting a claim of right thereto" and "complying with a demand that [one] abstain from any action which [one] has no duty to take" are listed in addition to retreating as avenues which, if open to the actor but not taken, invalidate justification for the use of deadly force. Deadly force itself is not justifiable unless "the actor believes that such force is necessary to protect himself against death, serious bodily injury, kidnapping or sexual intercourse compelled by force or threat." 18 Pa. Cons. Stat.§ 507 allows the use of deadly force if the actor believes there has been an unlawful entry into his or her dwelling and believes that nothing less than deadly force will end the incursion; if the person on the receiving end of the deadly force is "attempting to dispossess [the actor] of his dwelling otherwise than under a claim of right to its possession;" or if deadly force is the only thing that will prevent a felony from being committed in the dwelling. In any of those cases, the property owner must first ask the interloper to desist — unless the owner believes that doing so would be "useless," "dangerous," or would result in the property being defended coming to substantial harm before the request to desist could be effectively communicated.
Breaking the window but not entering the home is not justifiable. Chad's anger caused Andy to be dead that day!

Andy not going home and staying home caused Andy to be dead that day. He was damaging the shooter's home...and your OWN submission clearly states, "...would result in the property being defended coming to substantial harm before the request to desist could be effectively communicated." Therefore, Chad need not have told him to go away, though I can't imagine he didn't. Had Andy stayed home, a whole different result would have ensued.
concerned citizen Cburg

Dillon, SC

#332 Aug 21, 2009
Tim Short might have shot in the head but it was execution style. What does it matter where he was shot he was killed by a BLACK man. Call me what you want if I am a racist so be it what do you call a black when they defend themselves ? I think it would be considered a racist.
concerned citizen Cburg

Dillon, SC

#333 Aug 21, 2009
I was not talking about racial slurs. I was talking about a White man killing a BLACK man to protect his home , family and in self defense and a BLACK man shooting a White man execution style for no reason at all. Talk about being a moron you need to look in the mirror. Don't try to put words in my mouth that I didn't say.
concerned citizen Cburg

Dillon, SC

#334 Aug 21, 2009
I was not talking about racial slurs. I was talking about a White man killing a BLACK man to protect his home , family and in self defense and a BLACK man shooting a White man execution style for no reason at all. Talk about being a moron you need to look in the mirror. Don't try to put words in my mouth that I didn't say.
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Did the shooter use a racial slur? I never once saw that reported. Do you know something the rest of the public does not?
concerned citizen Cburg

Dillon, SC

#335 Aug 21, 2009
Tim Short might have shot in the head but it was execution style. What does it matter where he was shot he was killed by a BLACK man. Call me what you want if I am a racist so be it what do you call a black when they defend themselves ? I think it would be considered a racist.
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that the victim was from the Dominican Republic? He was Hispanic, not African-American, but I guess to you they all look alike.
Also, Tim Short was shot in the head, not the back, you racist moron!
poster child

Garnet Valley, PA

#336 Aug 21, 2009
To all involved...you have my sympathy!!!!!but we are not going to covict or acquit on this forum.
I wonder how many posters on this forum were actual witnesses, or they just talking emotionally charged B. S. If you dont know first hand what happened and are only spouting off based on what you were told or heard.... shut the hell up!!!!!!

Since: Mar 08

CHAMBERSBURG PA

#338 Aug 21, 2009
Tim Short might have shot in the head but it was execution style. What does it matter where he was shot he was killed by a BLACK man. Call me what you want if I am a racist so be it what do you call a black when they defend themselves ? I think it would be considered a racist. <quoted text>
Yes he was shot in the head.....shame for that! But race wasnt the issue in this case, of course. But this case has not even made it to court yet....so NO ONE really knows what happened in this situation. I do....but it is not up for discussion. Sad on both parts.

CHAMBERSBURG PA

#339 Aug 21, 2009
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I really honestly think that if you have something on here to write and say, then it would be of no sense to write if you can't spell!!!! Reading some of the comments on here are extremely funny! What for words are these:
1. ud
2.wat
3.ppl
4.discuse
5.kan
GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND LEARN HOW TO SPELL!!!!!!
1. ud=you'd
2. wat=what
3. ppl=people
4.discuse= disgust
5.kan= can.

Your comment was funny.....rofl(rolling on floor laughing)

The world of texting coming to computers is what it is....lol

CHAMBERSBURG PA

#341 Aug 21, 2009
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The wife says so. It was in the paper where the wife said she forgives Kirby!

CHAMBERSBURG PA

#343 Aug 21, 2009
One of a kind mind wrote:
Murderers don't usually come home to their families without serving some well deserved time in the slammer.
<quoted text>
DUH!!!!
concerned citizen Cburg

Decatur, GA

#344 Aug 21, 2009
LET THE TRUTH B TOLD wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he was shot in the head.....shame for that! But race wasnt the issue in this case, of course. But this case has not even made it to court yet....so NO ONE really knows what happened in this situation. I do....but it is not up for discussion. Sad on both parts.
Of course race wouldn't be an issue when a BLACK was killing a WHITE man !!!Yeah raight !! Get for real !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vincent e martz-egor (Mar '16) Jun '16 martz friends 2
News Local educator turns up in diploma-mill case | ... (Jun '10) Mar '16 TruthSquad 8
News Franklin County row officers suggest budget cuts (Mar '09) Feb '16 Ace1234 26
News Supreme Court refuses to hear CASD appeal (Jul '15) Aug '15 Backward Hicks 3
the four state slasher con! horror and rock n r... (Mar '15) Mar '15 fourstateslashercon 1
News Cold Case: The murder of Freddie Brumfield & th... (Jun '12) Mar '15 Carmella 5
News CASD seeks to remove Dusman as assistant superi... (Dec '14) Dec '14 GenPatton 5
More from around the web