Challengers vow to continue political...

Challengers vow to continue political work

There are 30 comments on the Public Opinion story from May 18, 2011, titled Challengers vow to continue political work. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

Republican incumbent county commissioners survived a challenge within their own party on Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Taxpayer

Mercersburg, PA

#1 May 18, 2011
CRG made fools of themselves in this election. I used to really respect them, but not anymore. A watchdog organization is so desperately needed in Franklin County, but they've dropped the ball to the point where they make those good-old-boy-system crooks in the RINO Coalition look good. Allen Piper has some serious work to do to rebuild their credibility.
shirley temple

Chambersburg, PA

#3 May 19, 2011
How does Piper think the commissioners are going to be more friendly to his organization when he makes people want to run screaming in the other direction. His smug, superior attitude is a joke. Maybe a few weeks of charm school would help.

We do need a watchdog group, but it has to be one that people can respect, and the CRG isn't capable of doing the job.
Here we go

Jersey Shore, PA

#4 May 19, 2011
Wow. Thomas is such a gracious winner, isn't he?

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#5 May 19, 2011
Here we go wrote:
Wow. Thomas is such a gracious winner, isn't he?
Your just embarrassing yourself now. I told you Pellicano was still going to be unemployed after the primary.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#6 May 19, 2011
"We just supported the candidates, we didn't endorse them."

Huh?
Home Field

Jersey Shore, PA

#7 May 19, 2011
Here we go wrote:
Wow. Thomas is such a gracious winner, isn't he?
Thomas says he lost in the South due to "Home Field Advantage?" Home field advantage my butt! Just compare the 2007 vs 2011 numbers. Thomas lost so much support in the south it is ridiculous. He got creamed in Penn National. Thomas should stop bragging and open his eyes. If he does not learn to be quiet and be a bit more humble, some other group will rise up to replace CRG. And if it does, it will mark the end for Thomas, Wollyung, and the worm Wideman.
Really

Carlisle, PA

#8 May 19, 2011
Home Field wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas says he lost in the South due to "Home Field Advantage?" Home field advantage my butt! Just compare the 2007 vs 2011 numbers. Thomas lost so much support in the south it is ridiculous. He got creamed in Penn National. Thomas should stop bragging and open his eyes. If he does not learn to be quiet and be a bit more humble, some other group will rise up to replace CRG. And if it does, it will mark the end for Thomas, Wollyung, and the worm Wideman.
clueless, nuts, spam.......Pellicano still needs a job!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#9 May 19, 2011
Everyone was sooooo upset at the commissioners that they voted to retain them. Perhaps the voter anger was really just a couple of wingnuts who need a job.
world inspector

Chambersburg, PA

#10 May 19, 2011
One grim reality of politics is that the negatives always turn out en masse, rain or shine. That the challengers only managed 21 & 22% of the vote on one of the gloomiest election days in memory speaks volumes about the real depth and breadth of their support.
And then there's Alan Piper, to quote from the old novel, "full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."
American worker

Mercersburg, PA

#11 May 19, 2011
As I said before, CRG stands for Cheap Rightwing Goofballs.
American worker

Mercersburg, PA

#12 May 19, 2011
Notice that since the article that was critical of Congressman Shuster demanding the right to rebut critics of the Ryan budget appeared in the PO the editorals have been about cats, motorcycles and things that don't really matter.

I guess Shyster has a lot of clout.
Madd1

United States

#13 May 19, 2011
American worker wrote:
As I said before, CRG stands for Cheap Rightwing Goofballs.
And I will consider you a Loud-mouthed Leftist Looney !
American worker

Mercersburg, PA

#14 May 19, 2011
I would consider you a brain dead rightwing moron! Your abject stupidity is an example of what's been destroying America for 30 years. Go find a good dictatorship where you'll be happy.

Since: Dec 09

Chambersburg, PA

#15 May 19, 2011
Vote Democratic for socially liberal, fiscally sound policies! Only Republicans support borrowing money to pay for tax cuts! Stop the Republican attack on the middle class.
Embedded Citizen

Hagerstown, MD

#16 May 19, 2011
Weidman sure has proven himself once again as the Cliché King.
Come on Dwight, do you have one original intelligent thought in your head?
Madd1

United States

#17 May 19, 2011
American worker wrote:
I would consider you a brain dead rightwing moron! Your abject stupidity is an example of what's been destroying America for 30 years. Go find a good dictatorship where you'll be happy.
I would hardly consider myself stupid. In fact, I am highly educated and have to laugh at the idiocy eminating from your diatribes. Concerning dictatorship, the present administration seems to be a dictatorship in formation. What you need to do is stop being a closed-minded invidual, expand your horizons and go back to work.
American worker

Mercersburg, PA

#18 May 19, 2011
You'd better look in the mirror because everything you said fits you to a tee. Freud calls that "projection".

A degree from Glen Beck University does not make you educated.
numbers

York, PA

#19 May 19, 2011
Home Field wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas says he lost in the South due to "Home Field Advantage?" Home field advantage my butt! Just compare the 2007 vs 2011 numbers. Thomas lost so much support in the south it is ridiculous. He got creamed in Penn National. Thomas should stop bragging and open his eyes. If he does not learn to be quiet and be a bit more humble, some other group will rise up to replace CRG. And if it does, it will mark the end for Thomas, Wollyung, and the worm Wideman.
The South shall rise again!... maybe secession is on the horizon with Waynesboro as the capital. "I wish I was in the land of... wackos"!
numbers

York, PA

#20 May 19, 2011
Mr. Piper... no juice for you!
Madd1

United States

#21 May 19, 2011
American worker wrote:
You'd better look in the mirror because everything you said fits you to a tee. Freud calls that "projection".
A degree from Glen Beck University does not make you educated.
Freud also was a believer in the Oedipus Complex which I am sure you are familiar with. I bet you always asked your mommy if you could marry her ....all the way into adulthood or whatever you call the stage you are in at the present.
I don't listen or watch Beck, Limbaugh or any of the talking heads. Unlike you, I can form opinions by myself. My degrees come from the State University of New York, Penn and a Pennsylvania state university.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the four state slasher con! horror and rock n r... Mar '15 fourstateslashercon 1
News Cold Case: The murder of Freddie Brumfield & th... (Jun '12) Mar '15 Carmella 5
News CASD seeks to remove Dusman as assistant superi... (Dec '14) Dec '14 GenPatton 5
News Department of justice announces charges against... (May '14) Nov '14 amber 3
News Manitowoc layoff tallies to 315 (Jan '09) Jul '14 Abjewljebar 85
News Episodes of worst reality show ever (Jun '14) Jun '14 Really 1
shooting on i81 (Jun '14) Jun '14 getem 1
More from around the web