PO LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Arrogant, se...

PO LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Arrogant, selfish, liberal? No, thanks

There are 20 comments on the Public Opinion story from Apr 27, 2011, titled PO LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Arrogant, selfish, liberal? No, thanks. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

What? Only about 25 percent of the eligible voters in Franklin County vote in primary elections? No -- I wasn't going to be one of the 75 percent who would let the Republican State Committee decide for me via its endorsements who will be on the November ballot! As a tea party conservative, I was going to find out for myself who would best represent ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

raven

Chambersburg, PA

#1 Apr 28, 2011
Just what we need - more right wing judges. Pathetic. Llidiko, you've convinced me to vote for anyone but these tea party dirt bages
Grumpy

Fannettsburg, PA

#2 Apr 28, 2011
Just what we need, more left wing judges? What we need are more judges who can read the governing document and precedent and rule based on those no5 a political bias of any stripe.
zippy

Englewood, CO

#4 Apr 28, 2011
Patrick is a card-carrying liberal. Read this:

Saturday, December 18, 2010 03:31

Philly Gun Court Judge Repeatedly Throws Out Police Cases
To Philadelphia police and prosecutors, they were good gun pinches, says the Philadelphia Inquirer. In one case, police spotted two men in a car prowling a neighborhood, both wearing bandannas masking their faces up to their noses. After officers got the men out of their Pontiac, they found two handguns under the front seat. In another, officers tackled a man who pulled a handgun after they moved in to break up a suspected drug-sales operation. Police recovered a .45-caliber handgun.

Slam-dunk arrests? No. In both cases, Judge Paula Patrick ruled the police conduct unlawful and said prosecutors could not use the seized guns as evidence. That effectively doomed any chance at conviction. The District Attorney is appealing those decisions and two dozen more like them by the judge. What prosecutors find worrisome is that this pattern has emerged over the last year as Patrick has presided over Philadelphia Gun Court, a special tribunal founded in 2005 to combat the city's unusually virulent gun culture. Among large U.S. cities, Philadelphia has the highest rates for gunpoint homicides, robberies, and assaults, FBI figures show. Since taking charge of Gun Court almost a year ago, prosecutors contend, Patrick has repeatedly misapplied the law on firearms possession, prompting a record number of appeals of her decisions.
http://www.thecrimereport.org/archive/philly-...
zippy

Englewood, CO

#5 Apr 28, 2011
...and Paul Panepinto? Well, he was running for Superior Court, and when he didn't get the party endorsement, he flip-flopped and filed for Coomonwealth Court against GOP Conservative judge Anne Covey, because, in his ow words: "I have a better cahnce of winning in a two-way race than a three-way race".

Panepinto is flake in search of a job.

The GOP endorsements aren't done in back rooms. Each judge candidate participates in a forum in front of hundreds of GOP delegates and then is voted on. Panepinto and Patrick didn't make the cut for good reason.
numbers

Lancaster, PA

#6 Apr 28, 2011
zippy wrote:
...and Paul Panepinto? Well, he was running for Superior Court, and when he didn't get the party endorsement, he flip-flopped and filed for Coomonwealth Court against GOP Conservative judge Anne Covey, because, in his ow words: "I have a better cahnce of winning in a two-way race than a three-way race".
Panepinto is flake in search of a job.
The GOP endorsements aren't done in back rooms. Each judge candidate participates in a forum in front of hundreds of GOP delegates and then is voted on. Panepinto and Patrick didn't make the cut for good reason.
It's great to watch Republicans eat their own.
crazy

Windsor Mill, MD

#7 Apr 28, 2011
"guiding Christian faith. "

The United States is made up of many people that are not Christian. Why should everyone in the country listen to people who believe a certain way?

I for one, think most "Christians" are hypocrites who are looking out for their best interests while using a religion to make themselves feel better and look better in the public eye. I know many non Christians that contribute much more to society than Christians by; providing for others, contributing via donations or volunteering, not judging, being more kind and open.

Just because you label someone or yourself a "Christian" does not mean you are a perfect person who knows more than anyone else.
Save Here

Waynesboro, PA

#8 Apr 28, 2011
crazy wrote:
"guiding Christian faith. "
Just because you label someone or yourself a "Christian" does not mean you are a perfect person who knows more than anyone else.
Of course it does! Just look at how many gang members wear crosses as an expression of their faith. They are as close to being perfect criminals as one can imagine
Timmy

Williamsport, PA

#9 Apr 28, 2011
Can anyone tell me what is the problem with gay marriage, I think that is the underlying issuse for conservative judges.
Timmy

Williamsport, PA

#10 Apr 28, 2011
Sorry, I had no Idea that a 3 letter word that started with g, was against topix etiquettee, I mean Same-Gender marriage.
Wow1

Shippensburg, PA

#11 Apr 28, 2011
crazy wrote:
"guiding Christian faith. "
The United States is made up of many people that are not Christian. Why should everyone in the country listen to people who believe a certain way?
I for one, think most "Christians" are hypocrites who are looking out for their best interests while using a religion to make themselves feel better and look better in the public eye. I know many non Christians that contribute much more to society than Christians by; providing for others, contributing via donations or volunteering, not judging, being more kind and open.
Just because you label someone or yourself a "Christian" does not mean you are a perfect person who knows more than anyone else.
I can see why you label yourself crazy because anyone who is not a Christian needs all the prayers they can get. I just hope they have time to think about lying on the death bed if they are that lucky. It is funny how people classify Christians as hypocrites and use that as an excuse for not becoming one. I guess that is why there will be so many going to h e l l. It will be such a sad day. I bet there were some tornado victums who did not make it the last couple days wish they would have lived a different life. One thing for sure we will ALL meet God when we die.
Timmy

Williamsport, PA

#12 Apr 28, 2011
Wow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see why you label yourself crazy because anyone who is not a Christian needs all the prayers they can get. I just hope they have time to think about lying on the death bed if they are that lucky. It is funny how people classify Christians as hypocrites and use that as an excuse for not becoming one. I guess that is why there will be so many going to h e l l. It will be such a sad day. I bet there were some tornado victums who did not make it the last couple days wish they would have lived a different life. One thing for sure we will ALL meet God when we die.
I am a devout Christian and you make all of us look terrible. You know why they think we are hypocrites? Because of people like YOU. Jesus said to love thy neighbor, not tell them that they are going to hell because they belive differently than you. Also if you recall we are all forgiven for our sins, whether you believed or not. I hope that you do not hate any person or group,'cause you will HATE heaven, because God does not hate, and he will forgive and allow all to live in his kingdom, paradise.
thats easy

Chambersburg, PA

#13 Apr 28, 2011
Timmy wrote:
Can anyone tell me what is the problem with **** marriage, I think that is the underlying issuse for conservative judges.
They fear being found out that THEY too played behind the woodshed as teenagers and then got married to cover it up in this Hommophobic Republican district.. OH MY, Could I write a book about the closet cases in Franklin County alone! The married men here frequent craigslist to get what the wife can not provide and NOT safely I may add. SAD example for sure, so as I say, NOT as I do!!!!
Jason

Washington, DC

#14 Apr 29, 2011
Timmy wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a devout Christian and you make all of us look terrible. You know why they think we are hypocrites? Because of people like YOU. Jesus said to love thy neighbor, not tell them that they are going to hell because they belive differently than you. Also if you recall we are all forgiven for our sins, whether you believed or not. I hope that you do not hate any person or group,'cause you will HATE heaven, because God does not hate, and he will forgive and allow all to live in his kingdom, paradise.
This is probably the first post about religion from a Christian that I could actually read the whole way through and not feel like the poster is absolutely crazy.

Thanks!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#15 Apr 29, 2011
Wow1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see why you label yourself crazy because anyone who is not a Christian needs all the prayers they can get. I just hope they have time to think about lying on the death bed if they are that lucky. It is funny how people classify Christians as hypocrites and use that as an excuse for not becoming one. I guess that is why there will be so many going to h e l l. It will be such a sad day. I bet there were some tornado victums who did not make it the last couple days wish they would have lived a different life. One thing for sure we will ALL meet God when we die.
haha
Timmy

Williamsport, PA

#16 Apr 29, 2011
Jason wrote:
<quoted text>
This is probably the first post about religion from a Christian that I could actually read the whole way through and not feel like the poster is absolutely crazy.
Thanks!
Welcome!
Dave

Newville, PA

#17 Apr 29, 2011
We need a judge whom puts the law of the land ahead of their religious beliefs.
Grumpy

Fannettsburg, PA

#18 Apr 29, 2011
And their political views as well should be kept away from the bench.
Marv

Greencastle, PA

#19 Apr 30, 2011
Dave wrote:
We need a judge whom puts the law of the land ahead of their religious beliefs.
unless they're liberal,then it's acceptable. that's how the libs operate. their favorite quote is this ... do as i say, not as i do
A Boehner

Biglerville, PA

#20 Apr 30, 2011
Thanks for doing the research for us Timmy, now we know not to vote for Paula Patrick and Paul Panepinto.
They are exactly what we don't need.
crazy

Windsor Mill, MD

#21 May 2, 2011
Marv wrote:
<quoted text>unless they're liberal,then it's acceptable. that's how the libs operate. their favorite quote is this ... do as i say, not as i do
Incorrect. I do not want ANYONE in office/power who pushes their personal agenda based on "faith".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vincent e martz-egor Jun '16 martz friends 2
News Local educator turns up in diploma-mill case | ... (Jun '10) Mar '16 TruthSquad 8
News Franklin County row officers suggest budget cuts (Mar '09) Feb '16 Ace1234 26
News Supreme Court refuses to hear CASD appeal (Jul '15) Aug '15 Backward Hicks 3
the four state slasher con! horror and rock n r... (Mar '15) Mar '15 fourstateslashercon 1
News Cold Case: The murder of Freddie Brumfield & th... (Jun '12) Mar '15 Carmella 5
News CASD seeks to remove Dusman as assistant superi... (Dec '14) Dec '14 GenPatton 5
More from around the web