PO LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Why mess wit...

PO LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Why mess with Keller's success?

There are 19 comments on the Public Opinion story from May 12, 2011, titled PO LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Why mess with Keller's success?. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

We have known David Keller most of his life. He is a person who thinks things through before responding to issues, a skill we need for the position of Franklin County commissioner.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

Embedded Citizen

Hagerstown, MD

#1 May 12, 2011
It was only *after* the public concerns over the courthouse issue was acknowledged by the Commissioners is when they changed their tune.
In their favor, yes, they did ultimately acquiesce to the public outcry. But also, their initial pompous "our way or the highway" attitude has been their achilles heel throughout their tenure.
It's public's turn to make those difficult decisions at the ballot box. Sorry fellows....
Say What

York, PA

#2 May 12, 2011
Embedded Citizen wrote:
It was only *after* the public concerns over the courthouse issue was acknowledged by the Commissioners is when they changed their tune.
In their favor, yes, they did ultimately acquiesce to the public outcry. But also, their initial pompous "our way or the highway" attitude has been their achilles heel throughout their tenure.
It's public's turn to make those difficult decisions at the ballot box. Sorry fellows....
AMEN EC!!!!

And still no word, discussion or any consideration by the 3 Stooges to holding evening court house hours!!!

There are numerous items that could be conducted in late afternoon-evening hours.

How about Custody, Support & Divorce matters? Both parties normally work during daylight hours and must take off work to attend.

Oh that's right, later afternoon-evening would cut in to the elitist social calendars!!!
chbg grad

Camp Hill, PA

#3 May 12, 2011
I would add that if he has already been in office for two terms, out he goes. I don't care how good (or bad, for that matter) a politician is, nobody (NOBODY) deserves to "serve" more than two terms. Continuing to reelect these people time after time ad nauseum is how we end up with career politicans making too much money and getting too many perks on the backs of the taxpayers, staying in office until they are too old to stay awake during sessions of "whatever" and no longer serving anyone but themselves and their special interests.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#4 May 12, 2011
Embedded Citizen wrote:
Inbredded Citizen wants to ignore the study done on future needs that told the real truth about the Courthouse.

We Need a new one.

Keller along with the other Commissioners listened to their employees & observed the current state of the County judicial system in a growing county.

The had a study done & then proceeded with the recommendations based on that study.

Sounds like good solid thinking.

Unlike the complainers who based their complaints solely on their wallets.

Who are the pompous ones? The ones who based their decisions on facts or the ones that based it on the imagination.

Good Job Commissioners. You tried. When the subject comes up again in 5-10 years & it costs twice as much, we'll all have a good laugh.

Newville, PA

#5 May 12, 2011
Say What wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN EC!!!!
And still no word, discussion or any consideration by the 3 Stooges to holding evening court house hours!!!
There are numerous items that could be conducted in late afternoon-evening hours.
How about Custody, Support & Divorce matters? Both parties normally work during daylight hours and must take off work to attend.
Oh that's right, later afternoon-evening would cut in to the elitist social calendars!!!
Attention "Say What"'s boss. He just volunteered for night shift.
Say What

York, PA

#6 May 12, 2011
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Attention "Say What"'s boss. He just volunteered for night shift.
I've worked more than my fair share and still do when it's needed jackwagon!!!

You said they justified the new for a NEW court house, so if they did, where's their evaluation-study that evening sessions were not effective????

Oh that's right, their mouthpiece merely said "it wouldn't work" plus I have the same in an email from Comm Keller, what was I thinking. I should have taken their mere word on it!!!!!
A suggestion

Williamsport, PA

#7 May 12, 2011
chbg grad wrote:
I would add that if he has already been in office for two terms, out he goes. I don't care how good (or bad, for that matter) a politician is, nobody (NOBODY) deserves to "serve" more than two terms. Continuing to reelect these people time after time ad nauseum is how we end up with career politicans making too much money and getting too many perks on the backs of the taxpayers, staying in office until they are too old to stay awake during sessions of "whatever" and no longer serving anyone but themselves and their special interests.
He hasnt served two terms, he is RUNNING for his 2ND TERM. Also you are saying that if there was a terrible person running you would vote for him, instead of the 2 term incumbent that has done extremely well, just because he would like a third term? That is an extremely narrow minded viewpoint to have.

Newville, PA

#9 May 13, 2011
Say What wrote:
<quoted text>
I've worked more than my fair share and still do when it's needed ****!!!
You said they justified the new for a NEW court house, so if they did, where's their evaluation-study that evening sessions were not effective????
Oh that's right, their mouthpiece merely said "it wouldn't work" plus I have the same in an email from Comm Keller, what was I thinking. I should have taken their mere word on it!!!!!
You obviously think our Commissioners are total morons in that they would ignore night court as an alternative.

Perhaps it's your in depth knowledge of our court system?

They had a study done. Did that study offer the possibility of night court? No.
Say What

York, PA

#10 May 13, 2011
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously think our Commissioners are total morons in that they would ignore night court as an alternative.
Perhaps it's your in depth knowledge of our court system?
They had a study done. Did that study offer the possibility of night court? No.
Well Real Dave, I never said they were morons!

I do have an in depth knowledge of how the court system works and can work! I've appeared in court numerous times (on the right side) and can tell you evening and night sessions do work!!

I also read the study. The study completed by the company the Commissioners hired and the study the Commissioners requested!

I do not remember much in the study about alternative schedules, other than what the COmmissioners said, that it merely would not work!

So Mr. Brainiac, why don't you post why evening-night sessions WON'T work???

Newville, PA

#11 May 13, 2011
Say What wrote:
<quoted text>
I do have an in depth knowledge of how the court system works and can work! I've appeared in court numerous times (on the right side) and can tell you evening and night sessions do work!!
I also read the study. The study completed by the company the Commissioners hired and the study the Commissioners requested!
I do not remember much in the study about alternative schedules, other than what the COmmissioners said, that it merely would not work!
So you are now saying the Commissioners ordered the report to say what it says?

Tell me, what do the commissioners get out of this new courthouse? I mean you seem to be telling everyone that they are purposefully ignoring other viable options to build a courthouse when it isn't the best option.

So what is in it for them? They aren't getting fancy new offices or more pay? They did it knowing they'd getting a big pile of grief from know-it-alls who don't really know squat about it.

My guess is night court would be very inefficient on top of the long list of other existing problems.

If you actually read the report, you would know this.
Citizen Kane

Elizabethtown, PA

#12 May 13, 2011
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are now saying the Commissioners ordered the report to say what it says?
Tell me, what do the commissioners get out of this new courthouse? I mean you seem to be telling everyone that they are purposefully ignoring other viable options to build a courthouse when it isn't the best option.
So what is in it for them? They aren't getting fancy new offices or more pay? They did it knowing they'd getting a big pile of grief from know-it-alls who don't really know squat about it.
My guess is night court would be very inefficient on top of the long list of other existing problems.
If you actually read the report, you would know this.
Well realdave it sounds like you have some skin in the game. The facts are, the commissioners tried to force the new courthouse down the citizens throat & it didn't work. The're out of here! sorry, real not very smart.
Ol Barney

Harrisburg, PA

#13 May 13, 2011
It's time for change at the courthouse !

While the current Commissioners are NOT morons as some suggest, the fact is they have become the greedy & inept politicians that so many people despise.

Keller, Thomas, and Ziobrowski have demonstrated no desire to actually represent the taxpayers of Franklin County. Only when they were hung out to dry, did they change their minds and decide to downsize the courthouse complex.

They won't get my vote on Tuesday!!!
Joel

Greencastle, PA

#14 May 13, 2011
Technology could eliminate the need for additional bricks and mortor in 5 years. The judges won't need to physically be in the court room, they could operate from anywhere, reducing the need for any additional security measures. We don't need an ornate monument to the justice system to get the job done.

Newville, PA

#15 May 13, 2011
I can see it now, the Tea Party elect their two guys LarryFunk & the Pelican,.

They get in, study the situation, and decide building the courthouse was the right thing to do. They put it in motion & it costs 20 million more.

If Pelican is half the manager he claims to be, he will vote for the new courthouse.(Has either candidate guaranteed they won't build it?)
numbers

Chambersburg, PA

#16 May 13, 2011
Ol Barney wrote:
It's time for change at the courthouse !
While the current Commissioners are NOT morons as some suggest, the fact is they have become the greedy & inept politicians that so many people despise.
Keller, Thomas, and Ziobrowski have demonstrated no desire to actually represent the taxpayers of Franklin County. Only when they were hung out to dry, did they change their minds and decide to downsize the courthouse complex.
They won't get my vote on Tuesday!!!
Who needs your feckin' vote . I've a $100.00 says Keller is in. Yes or no mouth?
numbers

Chambersburg, PA

#17 May 13, 2011
Citizen Kane wrote:
<quoted text>
Well realdave it sounds like you have some skin in the game. The facts are, the commissioners tried to force the new courthouse down the citizens throat & it didn't work. The're out of here! sorry, real not very smart.
Would you like part of the action on Keller smart guy?
numbers

Chambersburg, PA

#18 May 13, 2011
Say What wrote:
<quoted text>
Because of the increased cost to conduct the court proceedings bozo! The court staff, judges, security, public defenders, district attorneys,private attorneys, needed to do night court will require an increase in cost= tax increase. Are you really that stupid or just ignorant on court house proceedings? You don't know shite about the court system other than where the bathrooms are!
numbers

Chambersburg, PA

#19 May 13, 2011
Say What wrote:
<quoted text>
... and I forgot about the overtime needed to get the prosecuting police office there to prosecute their cases. The more I think about the cost the more stupid you appear!
Ol Barney

Harrisburg, PA

#20 May 14, 2011
numbers wrote:
<quoted text>Who needs your feckin' vote . I've a $100.00 says Keller is in. Yes or no mouth?
Actually, your grammar makes your response somewhat challenging to respond to ... but I'll try.

Keller & Thomas seem to think they need my vote, since I just got a letter from Warren Elliott (that is fraudulently designed to appear to be official Franklin County correspondence with a Franklin County seal, etc.) asking me to vote for those two on Tuesday.

Doesn't say who paid for it, but I'm sure Elliott didn't "directly" pay for all these letters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A fee for state police: Fair or double taxation? Feb '17 grab your wallet 2
Vincent e martz egor Jan '17 martz friends 1
Vincent e martz-egor (Mar '16) Jun '16 martz friends 2
News Local educator turns up in diploma-mill case | ... (Jun '10) Mar '16 TruthSquad 8
News Franklin County row officers suggest budget cuts (Mar '09) Feb '16 Ace1234 26
News Supreme Court refuses to hear CASD appeal (Jul '15) Aug '15 Backward Hicks 3
the four state slasher con! horror and rock n r... (Mar '15) Mar '15 fourstateslashercon 1
More from around the web