PO LETTER TO THE EDITOR: More awarene...

PO LETTER TO THE EDITOR: More awareness of motorcycles

There are 27 comments on the Public Opinion story from May 16, 2011, titled PO LETTER TO THE EDITOR: More awareness of motorcycles. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

Members of A.B.A.T.E. would like to thank the Franklin County commissioners for recognizing May as motorcycle safety month.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Long Rider

Biglerville, PA

#21 May 18, 2011
Old Alumnus wrote:
<quoted text>Well, since you asked...I drive a Chevy. And the thousands of bikers who donate so generously to the VA spend double that amount in gas, insurance, etc. Stay home and donate THAT money. The VA would have twice as much, no gas would be wasted, and you won't clog up the roads with your noisy toys. AND...I thank a vet by shaving the one in the mirror every morning. How about you, Cupcake?
26 yrs, buckwheat
Judicial Scholar

Chambersburg, PA

#22 May 18, 2011
Motorcyclists typically belong to ruthless gangs that engage in violent criminal activity and heavy drug use. These motorcycle gangs are a threat to all civilized society. It is typical and ordinary for motorcycle gang members to assault a child, elderly person, or a woman during one of their "bike rides." Excessive speeding on I-81 also puts innocent lives in danger.

I would like to see the authorities initiate a major crack down this summer on motorcyclists. Random traffic stops should be conducted where rider credentials are checked, strip searches performed along the roadway, and rules which force riders to prove that they do not belong to a vicious gang.

A 2007 study conducted by Carl Joleng found that 87% of all motorcyclists have spent between 1 and 5 years in prison. This startling statistic should open everyone's eyes.
Ret Fed Ofcr

Biglerville, PA

#23 May 18, 2011
Judicial Scholar wrote:
Motorcyclists typically belong to ruthless gangs that engage in violent criminal activity and heavy drug use. These motorcycle gangs are a threat to all civilized society. It is typical and ordinary for motorcycle gang members to assault a child, elderly person, or a woman during one of their "bike rides." Excessive speeding on I-81 also puts innocent lives in danger.
I would like to see the authorities initiate a major crack down this summer on motorcyclists. Random traffic stops should be conducted where rider credentials are checked, strip searches performed along the roadway, and rules which force riders to prove that they do not belong to a vicious gang.
A 2007 study conducted by Carl Joleng found that 87% of all motorcyclists have spent between 1 and 5 years in prison. This startling statistic should open everyone's eyes.
What planet did you just arrive from ? Your statistics are unfounded, you have a very narrow mind about things. You should just crawl back under your rock. Maybe you are not coordinated enough to operate a motorcycle.
anon

Carlisle, PA

#24 May 19, 2011
CLASSOF2012 wrote:
If everybody is complaining about how noisy they are, wouldn't you be able to know that there is a motorcycle somewhere in your immediate presence? Find something else to complain about...(Insert curse word here.)God Bless our fellow motorcycle drivers, I have never had a problem with one.
Everyone has their own opinion. Me, I think they all should be electric. That would really cut down on the noise. BUt most would probably just put on a big boom box on the back.
Biker Wife

Chambersburg, PA

#25 May 19, 2011
I think A.B.A.T.E has done a wonderful job raising money for non-profit organizations and charities. I have personally gotten to volunteer every year with them and will continue to do so. I think its a shame that people have such negative things to say about motorcyclists most of whom have never ridden a bike in their life. I have never own a bike but got the enjoyment from riding with my husband and until you experience something like that with someone who appreciates and respects riding a motorcycle you have no right to judge. Yes there are those who shouldn't own or drive a motorcycle as there are many people out there who shouldn't even be able to operate a car/truck but they are. More motorcycle accidents have happened due to bikers having to run off the road/lay down their bikes to avoid an inconsiderate driver who isn't paying attention or is texting while driving. Keep up the great work A.B.A.T.E!!!
sumar1088 State Line Pa

Newville, PA

#26 May 30, 2011
Been riding for over half my life,I am a lifetime member Abate of Pa, member Legion Riders Post 373. I helped organize the first God Bless America Ride and am currently on the steering commitee for God Bless America Ride. Not going to apologize for inconviencing any one with noise, traffic or what ever,suck it up, the Vets we ride for have endured much more for your feedoms and way of life, wanna do something good get out and support, make a donation and remember your right to your opinion is given and protected to you by a those Veterans and the Soilders serving now
rightbackatya

Hanover, PA

#27 May 30, 2011
to all the whiners i'm just letting you know i got a bigger exhaust just for YOU lolol *******

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the four state slasher con! horror and rock n r... Mar '15 fourstateslashercon 1
News Cold Case: The murder of Freddie Brumfield & th... (Jun '12) Mar '15 Carmella 5
News CASD seeks to remove Dusman as assistant superi... Dec '14 GenPatton 5
News Department of justice announces charges against... (May '14) Nov '14 amber 3
News Manitowoc layoff tallies to 315 (Jan '09) Jul '14 Abjewljebar 85
News Episodes of worst reality show ever (Jun '14) Jun '14 Really 1
shooting on i81 (Jun '14) Jun '14 getem 1
More from around the web