Franklin County WWII veteran survived Rohna sinking

Full story: Public Opinion

By JIM TUTTLE Staff writer -------------------- Click photo to enlarge Served his country: John Orsa was working at a company that manufactured bullets when he was drafted into the army in April 1943.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Rob

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

A quiet hero. One of many stories that went untold because to these men, it was just something that needed to be done!
Thank you Mr. Orsa.
Cobb

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

Due to the great loss of life, 2000+, when HMT Rohna sank, FDR and Winston Churchill kept the sinking classified and the news was kept from the world. Family members of the MIA never learned what really happened for many years after the event and WWII ended.
wasted rock ranger

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

big thumbs up to mr. orsa! hopefully young soliders will read this and it will give them hope to stay strong and do the right thing if they are every in a situation as he was. thanks to all the soliders past, present, and future. eventhough alot of people dont agree with the war, i hope they atleast realize the scarifices all you soliders give. god bless and be safe out there.
Deedee

Harrisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

Thank you for sharing your story John. It sounds like a movie but it was a real life experience for you. I can only imagine how horrible it was to have part of that.
debbie barber

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2011

Im just learning more about my grandfathers brother john Eatmon who died on the Rohna HE WAS ONLY 21 HE WAS A GUATAIR PLAYER.WISH I KNEW MORE..iS THERE SOME PLACE I CAN POST HIS PICTURE FEEL LIKE I SHOULD HONER HIM ?
rrrrrrrrr

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2012

test 1111

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Franklin County Discussions

Search the Franklin County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Illegal aliens arrested in Franklin County Mar '14 lkjhg 7
test Jan '14 howdy 2
High-speed chase ends with suspects at large in... (Sep '13) Sep '13 annonymous 1
Pa. town adjusts to Pentagon furloughs but worr... (Jul '13) Jul '13 bobby6464 65
Michael Edward Helman set for hearing on sexual... (Feb '13) May '13 GenPatton 4
Local news digest (Mar '13) Apr '13 TaxNoMore 3
PA School District Votes Down GSA. LGBT Youth G... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Really 19
•••
•••
•••
•••