10 charged with cheating at new Colum...

10 charged with cheating at new Columbus casino

There are 8 comments on the ChannelCincinnati.com story from Nov 29, 2012, titled 10 charged with cheating at new Columbus casino. In it, ChannelCincinnati.com reports that:

Ohio authorities said Wednesday that 10 people have been charged with cheating at the new Columbus casino, including some defendants who continued after they were warned to stop and one who admitted he was cheating and told investigators, "So what?" More charges involving the casino are coming, including a woman who tried to use counterfeit $100 ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ChannelCincinnati.com.

Honor among thieves

Springfield, OH

#1 Nov 29, 2012
Cheating?

A Casino operates on the principles of vice, exploiting vulnerable people's addictions and weaknesses.

Isn't this why so many people wanted nothing to do with the casino in the first place?

Isn't this a case of the pot calling the kettle black?

Is there really honor among thieves?

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#2 Nov 29, 2012
Honor among thieves wrote:
Cheating?
A Casino operates on the principles of vice, exploiting vulnerable people's addictions and weaknesses.
Isn't this why so many people wanted nothing to do with the casino in the first place?
Isn't this a case of the pot calling the kettle black?
Is there really honor among thieves?
Casino bad?
Lottery good?

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#6 Nov 29, 2012
Karl wrote:
<quoted text>
If people gamble, they know what they are doing. If their family has no problem with their compulsion, that's their fault.
The mods censored my Post #3:

No one puts a gun to the head of casino patrons or lottery participants.
Personal responsibility has become anathema.

**By the way, those lacking self-control near casinos may enter the Voluntary Exclusion Program:

[find the link yourself -- the mod don't want you to have it]
Honor among thieves

Springfield, OH

#7 Nov 29, 2012
Kinch wrote:
<quoted text>Your moral relativism is nauseating.
As a pseudo-conservative catholic, your moral relativism is nauseating.

The Casino operates on the principle of survival of the fittest, Darwinian economics.

Its the pimp (casino) accusing the pick pocket (thief) of stealing. My point is that both are stealing. You are siding with the casino / management / rich Whites guys - as usual, over the customers.
Honor among thieves

Springfield, OH

#8 Nov 29, 2012
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
The mods censored my Post #3:
No one puts a gun to the head of casino patrons or lottery participants.
Personal responsibility has become anathema.
**By the way, those lacking self-control near casinos may enter the Voluntary Exclusion Program:
[find the link yourself -- the mod don't want you to have it]
My point is that these gambling addicts will simply be treated by new local, state and federal programs and bureaucracies at tax payer expense. At the end of the day, the tax payer loses.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#9 Nov 29, 2012
Honor among thieves wrote:
<quoted text>
As a pseudo-conservative catholic, your moral relativism is nauseating.
The Casino operates on the principle of survival of the fittest, Darwinian economics.
Its the pimp (casino) accusing the pick pocket (thief) of stealing. My point is that both are stealing. You are siding with the casino / management / rich Whites guys - as usual, over the customers.
The casino has no control over the patron but that which the patron allows.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#11 Nov 29, 2012
Honor among thieves wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is that these gambling addicts will simply be treated by new local, state and federal programs and bureaucracies at tax payer expense. At the end of the day, the tax payer loses.
How do you propose to treat welfare addicts?
Linda

Cleveland, OH

#13 Oct 8, 2016
what matters is that the money goes to schools and food pantries so everyone wins.

be sure to leave a nice tip for the waitress too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Central Ohio homelessness dips slightly Dec 7 Pam 4
News Suspect In Thanksgiving Day Murder Identified (Dec '15) Nov 23 The only thing that 8
News Columbus magician who performs at kids' parties... Nov 21 Reality Speaks 3
News Free needle program suppresses diseases, saves ... Nov 19 Big Johnson 2
News Autopsies of 2 slain men show possible connecti... Nov 18 UTrashy 3
News Overdose advisory issued as three indicted for ... Nov '17 shadow_hunter 9
News Mother of murder victim seeks changes in crime ... Nov '17 BizzyBeef 1
More from around the web