Deadline approaching for county-manager applicants

There are 12 comments on the Feb 13, 2011, Press-Republican story titled Deadline approaching for county-manager applicants. In it, Press-Republican reports that:

Disqus Deadline approaching for county-manager applicants DENISE A. RAYMO Sun Feb 13, 2011, 04:16 PM EST MALONE - Five candidates have applied to be the new Franklin County manager, and the deadline for filing is Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Press-Republican.

Eyes and Ears

United States

#1 Feb 13, 2011
The county doesn't need a county manager the last one has screwed us over enough don't you think ?
rifleman73

Warrensburg, NY

#2 Feb 14, 2011
It,should'nt be advertised as County Manager It should say hiring someone to take the blame,thats all this job amounts to,they screw up YOU Mr. Manager take the Blame!!!!!!
Mayor of West Street

Westport, NY

#3 Feb 14, 2011
You people are funny. The County Manager is just a sacrificial lamb for the legislators. When things go wrong, they blame the manager. Assign the blame where it really belongs.

Watch out for the next three years with the people that YOU elected.
wondering

Saranac Lake, NY

#4 Feb 15, 2011
Who are the three that have applied, anyone know ?
Franklin Resident

La Fayette, NY

#5 Feb 16, 2011
The county ran for years without a manager. Several years back they decided they needed to hire one for some reason. Why? Do we still need one with all the department heads we have now? Did he actually do anything note worthy that's worth the money he was paid? Blame-ability is not a good reason to spend county tax dollars. I think they should review the title and remove it all together for at least one year to see if the county can manage without one again.
fritz

Boonville, NY

#6 Feb 16, 2011
wondering wrote:
Who are the three that have applied, anyone know ?
Moe, Larry and Curly.
Community2

Syracuse, NY

#7 Feb 17, 2011
Be aware that while Lashomb works to "straighten out" Comlinks he is also trying to "straighten out" the County. He is currently working on REORGANIZING the County departments AND hiring a Manager.(Who could be better qualified?)

Unfortunately, both Nancy and Brian have prior commitments.(Darn!) However, Timmy is consulting with his good friend The Dick, and hopes to have a profoundly corrupt candidate in the near future.(Although a stall may be necessary, Timmy is VERY excited about this opportunity! The Dick is too!)

Me too! In no time at all we'll have our own little Texas right here in Franklin County. Maybe we'll finally stop all those messy elections.

Any candidates for the Don Moll role?
fritz

Boonville, NY

#8 Feb 17, 2011
.....nice to see you back! hee hee hee
BIG BOY

Ithaca, NY

#9 Feb 18, 2011
kip cassavaw that works in the county clerks
office is one of the applicants
Manual LaBore

Lady Lake, FL

#10 Feb 18, 2011
You must be a high school graduate or GED so they are looking outside the community from what I here.
Mayor of West Street

Westport, NY

#11 Feb 18, 2011
Manual LaBore wrote:
You must be a high school graduate or GED so they are looking outside the community from what I here.
Not entirely accurate. Why don't you read all the qualifications required? Or do you just continue to have fun by making political commentaries?

http://franklincony.org/content/Departments/V...
Manual LaBore

Lady Lake, FL

#12 Feb 20, 2011
Mayor of West Street wrote:
<quoted text>
Not entirely accurate. Why don't you read all the qualifications required? Or do you just continue to have fun by making political commentaries?
http://franklincony.org/content/Departments/V...
My apologies if I offended anyone. There is however, a lack of local qualified applicants to fill the position from what I hear and read. A lot of pros's out there with advanced degrees that are out of work that would do a fine job if the position was advertised nationally. It is probably a question of just local small town politics for the hiring process.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Franklin County Legislature backs medical marij... Mar '15 Dlj 1
News Franklin County youth advocate program employee... (Jan '14) Dec '14 Obviouslystupid 128
News Franklin County building new nursing home (Oct '10) Aug '14 call ur bluff 74
News Authorities arrest 10 in Northern New York drug... (Jul '14) Jul '14 lost cause 6
News Franklin County DA says hea ll force Malone hig... (Jun '14) Jun '14 I think 8
News Franklin County forum focuses on increase in he... (May '14) May '14 Whats Happening 4
News Brad Eggsware will spend seven years in prison ... (Apr '07) Mar '14 Rip bje 22
More from around the web