Lawlessness on the borderline

Lawlessness on the borderline

There are 39 comments on the Times Union story from Jan 24, 2011, titled Lawlessness on the borderline. In it, Times Union reports that:

Lee Marlowe is accused of running marijuana across the U.S.-Canadian border into New York's Franklin County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times Union.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
No Excuses

Boonville, NY

#1 Jan 25, 2011
The reservation is always going to be a problem. Too many natives think that they can do whatever they please! The lawlessness on the reservation itself is insane. NYS needs to start standing their ground when it comes to the reservation in regards to the drug trade, illegal cigaretts, human trafficking, ect. That also goes for Natives getting away with not taxing anyone for goods and services. Anyone who goes to the reservation to buy things who is non-native (including the casino) should be taxed. Quit backing down NYS. What are you afraid of? Without the money coming in from non-natives, the reservation would have NOTHING!
No Excuses

Boonville, NY

#2 Jan 25, 2011
*CIGARETTES*
northof nowhere

United States

#3 Jan 25, 2011
You can.t fight city hall.
dog

Albany, NY

#4 Jan 25, 2011
No Excuses wrote:
The reservation is always going to be a problem. Too many natives think that they can do whatever they please! The lawlessness on the reservation itself is insane. NYS needs to start standing their ground when it comes to the reservation in regards to the drug trade, illegal cigaretts, human trafficking, ect. That also goes for Natives getting away with not taxing anyone for goods and services. Anyone who goes to the reservation to buy things who is non-native (including the casino) should be taxed. Quit backing down NYS. What are you afraid of? Without the money coming in from non-natives, the reservation would have NOTHING!
I don't think that you can blame everything on the natives. Also read the treaty,I know alot of natives they are good people just like us, yes there are some bad apples, just like us. It wasn't natives who were running ciggs to canada it was rj reynold tobacco, how do you explain that? Maybe if there were good jobs the younger kids wouldn't want to walk on the wrong side of the law, when you only offer 7 dollars per hour, everyone knows you can't buy bling with that
No Excuses

Boonville, NY

#5 Jan 25, 2011
They can go to college, get and degree and then be qualified for a job that dosen't pay $7 an hour. There is no excuse. Especially when they can get a degree for almost nothing. I know that there are more law abiding citizens on the reservation than not. I'm just sick of the "poor us" game and I'm sick of so many thinking that they are above the law!
No Excuses

Boonville, NY

#6 Jan 25, 2011
And spare me the garbage about RJ Reynold tobacco smuggling the cigarettes. I know plenty natives who made their money off of smuggling cigarettes. If you don't think they smuggle, you are kidding yourself.
Community2

Whitesboro, NY

#7 Jan 25, 2011
This is the New Hartford Nut Case trying to be provocative. Give it up Maxx.

Don't feed Trolls.
dog

Albany, NY

#8 Jan 25, 2011
No Excuses wrote:
They can go to college, get and degree and then be qualified for a job that dosen't pay $7 an hour. There is no excuse. Especially when they can get a degree for almost nothing. I know that there are more law abiding citizens on the reservation than not. I'm just sick of the "poor us" game and I'm sick of so many thinking that they are above the law!
a degree for almost nothing, not from a real college even on line classes aren't free

What college can you get a 4 degree for under 150,000.00, that is a real college with a degree that would be recognized anywhere & everywhere? thats just tuition books add to bill, your looking at closer to 200,000.00 also if you need loans someone in your family with good credit has to co-sign, to many non pay backs, thanks to the 60's we aren't going to pay back those loans, don't fool yourself college education is really for the wealthy.
interesting

United States

#9 Jan 25, 2011
No Excuses wrote:
They can go to college, get and degree and then be qualified for a job that dosen't pay $7 an hour. There is no excuse. Especially when they can get a degree for almost nothing. I know that there are more law abiding citizens on the reservation than not. I'm just sick of the "poor us" game and I'm sick of so many thinking that they are above the law!
I agree totally. A Native can go to a state university for basically free. There is no excuse that the younger generation (and older if they chose to) are not all going to college.
No Excuses

Boonville, NY

#10 Jan 25, 2011
interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree totally. A Native can go to a state university for basically free. There is no excuse that the younger generation (and older if they chose to) are not all going to college.
Thank you, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Of course your average everyday person can't go for free. Natives however get everything paid for, including childcare, money for books, ect. When I went to SUNY Potsdam, it drove me insane that I got nothing for financial aid because my parents made too much money(even though they weren't footing the bill for my education, I was). I had several natives in my classes that everyday bragged about how everything was free for them to go to school. How is that fair?

As far as the New Hartford thing goes, I don't know why it says that under my name, I live just outside the village of Malone. I don't know what you are talking about with the troll thing, but I very rarely post or even go to this site. You must be looking for someon else.
No Excuses

Boonville, NY

#11 Jan 25, 2011
dog wrote:
<quoted text>
a degree for almost nothing, not from a real college even on line classes aren't free
What college can you get a 4 degree for under 150,000.00, that is a real college with a degree that would be recognized anywhere & everywhere? thats just tuition books add to bill, your looking at closer to 200,000.00 also if you need loans someone in your family with good credit has to co-sign, to many non pay backs, thanks to the 60's we aren't going to pay back those loans, don't fool yourself college education is really for the wealthy.
An education from a state school is just as good a a private college, only half the price. I graduated with my BS in Business Administration from SUNY Potsdam. I went to a community college for the first 2 years because it is so much cheaper. All together I ended up with 31k in student loans. To put it in perspective,it cost me right around the price of my husbands new truck to get a four year degree. I got a job within 3 months of graduating, making pretty decent money. The company I work for does not care where my degree is from, as long as I have one. SUNY schools are fantastic anyway. I'm not sure why you think otherwise.
Community2

Whitesboro, NY

#12 Jan 25, 2011
No you didn't Larry. As I recall, you went to Dartmouth, before the craziness took you over.

The New Hartford Nut Case is an abusive Troll. He has about 15 names, Maxx being a big one. Don't feed Trolls!

Go to bed Larry!
Certainly

Boonville, NY

#13 Jan 25, 2011
No Excuses wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Of course your average everyday person can't go for free. Natives however get everything paid for, including childcare, money for books, ect. When I went to SUNY Potsdam, it drove me insane that I got nothing for financial aid because my parents made too much money(even though they weren't footing the bill for my education, I was). I had several natives in my classes that everyday bragged about how everything was free for them to go to school. How is that fair?
As far as the New Hartford thing goes, I don't know why it says that under my name, I live just outside the village of Malone. I don't know what you are talking about with the troll thing, but I very rarely post or even go to this site. You must be looking for someon else.
I also get attacked by this individual every time I try to post something on here because it says "New Hartford" under my name also. I think there are actually quite a few posters that have "New Hartford" under their name. This individual is obviously suffering from a mental illness of some sort......poor thing.
Toronto is 4 Me

Ithaca, NY

#14 Jan 25, 2011
The information under you name is where the server for your internet carrier is located. Nothing else. I don't know why some people do not understand this simple fact. You are not from New Hartford. Your internet signal is routed through there and that is all.
frozen river

Tupper Lake, NY

#15 Jan 26, 2011
why would you wanna work a job when you can make 10,000 a night working the river???
Maplefields

Albany, NY

#16 Jan 28, 2011
Lee Marlowe, sorry to hear you fell into trap of dealing drugs. When in doubt don't be afraid to expand your horizon , and move out of Malone, NY. Life is available elsewhere !
Huh

La Fayette, NY

#17 Jan 28, 2011
No Excuses wrote:
The reservation is always going to be a problem. Too many natives think that they can do whatever they please! The lawlessness on the reservation itself is insane. NYS needs to start standing their ground when it comes to the reservation in regards to the drug trade, illegal cigaretts, human trafficking, ect. That also goes for Natives getting away with not taxing anyone for goods and services. Anyone who goes to the reservation to buy things who is non-native (including the casino) should be taxed. Quit backing down NYS. What are you afraid of? Without the money coming in from non-natives, the reservation would have NOTHING!
How's that, New Hartford, you want to go back and re- fight the Indian Wars? I can picture it now, "New Hartford's Last Stand"!
J Lennon

La Fayette, NY

#18 Jan 28, 2011
Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one
No Excuses

Boonville, NY

#19 Jan 28, 2011
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
How's that, New Hartford, you want to go back and re- fight the Indian Wars? I can picture it now, "New Hartford's Last Stand"!
What the hell is your problem with it saying New Hartford under my screen name? As is has been previously mentioned, New Hartford has NOTHING to do with where I'm from or anything about me other than that is the router that roadrunner uses to connect me to the internet. Why are you being such an idiot? If the only thing you have to say to me is New Hartford related then keep your comments to yourself. I'd love to actually hear a valid argument against what I have been saying about the reservation. That is obviously not going to happen! I forgot why I never get on topix and try to have an adult conversation/debate. Discussing topics with people like you can only be compared to talking to a brick wall. Some of you people are so ignorant it's pathetic!
Huh

La Fayette, NY

#20 Jan 28, 2011
And yet here you are, New Hartford, every bloody day. Spouting the same old hateful venom, day in and day out. Try the phoney maloney site, where you can edit the postings to your own pleasing.

Home, home on the range! Where seldom is heard a discouraging word, and the skies are not cloudy all daaaay!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 3 men convicted of assaulting disabled teenager... Jul 1 ponder575 2
News Walbridge apparently out in Malone Town Council... (Nov '15) Jun 27 kand8956 2
News Franklin County youth advocate program employee... (Jan '14) Mar '16 yournobody 129
News Franklin County Legislature backs medical marij... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Dlj 1
News Franklin County building new nursing home (Oct '10) Aug '14 call ur bluff 74
News Authorities arrest 10 in Northern New York drug... (Jul '14) Jul '14 lost cause 6
News Franklin County DA says hea ll force Malone hig... (Jun '14) Jun '14 I think 8
More from around the web