Sexual predator gets the maximum

Sexual predator gets the maximum

There are 35 comments on the Press-Republican story from Apr 12, 2009, titled Sexual predator gets the maximum. In it, Press-Republican reports that:

Judge Penelope Clute rejected a sentencing agreement in Franklin County Court and gave a Malone man seven years for sexually abusing a 7-year-old girl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Press-Republican.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
fred

Middleville, NY

#1 Apr 17, 2009
its still not enough. lock him away forever.
malone ny

Lakeland, FL

#2 Apr 17, 2009
the mother should be there too what kind of mother lets a 29 year old man babysit her kids
shannon

Boone, NC

#3 Apr 19, 2009
I don't understand why you would blame the mother for having a babysitter? Male or Female, who cares the sex of the sitter, the issue is whoever you have as a sitter you need to really do your homework. It's not like it was in the 80's when i used to babysit, what seemed like all of Brushton's kids,LOL. They knew me and my family and so i babysat,that's how it worked. Now i am sad to say in these times it can't work that way! I hope that this child, really both children get the help that they need to become complete and whole again. They can and will get through this with the correct help from a trained therapist, and a lot of family support. Also mom don't beat yourself up, you trusted this isn't always how it turns out. Just sadly that it does sometimes. It may help for you to talk to someone also, some areas have free classes with people in similar situations, it may benefit you. Good Luck and God Bless you and your family!!
xdrunk

Woodbridge, VA

#4 Apr 20, 2009
Shannon,
It was bad in the 60's and 70's.
back ten the localpaper would not print that or what was going on. But now we have the internet and it tells all, even if we don't want to read it.

Sorry for her kids,

xd
tcob

United States

#5 Apr 20, 2009
i agree it was bad in sixties and seventies also.it is getting worse and as long as buisnesses allow them to live at their premises it will continue apparently these buisnesses have no conscience.
fred

Middleville, NY

#6 Apr 20, 2009
yes, but would you stay at one of these motels knowing that preditors were staying their? seems to me in the long run they will lose business.
xdrunk

Woodbridge, VA

#7 Apr 20, 2009
At the motels,
It should be manatory that they have a sign up at the ck in, Telling everyone what is staying their. If no sign then Malone or Franklin Co and the Motel should be held Lible.

xd
tcob

United States

#8 Apr 20, 2009
i agree.customers should be informed.
shannon

Boone, NC

#9 Apr 20, 2009
Isn't there a registry in NY that they have to add there names too? Also must list the address that they live? Other than that then it's up to people in the community to investigate the goings on around them, right? We have a website in the state here, NY may have one also.
I am sure this sort of problem as always been and will continue to be a problem in all of our communites. I never heard of them, is for sure. I was born in 75 and lived in Brushton, small town and i must say i was pretty sheltered! I guess thats why still today i always live by telling myself this; "In every good person there is EVIL. however in every bad person there is GOOD" I just wish we could and would see more of the good in people, on the news and in the papers. Don't give the bad ones the t.v. time, or the print in the newspaper! They don't deserve it! Instead tell us that a child made the local spelling bee, or is on the honor roll. Maybe a single mom has gone back to school and gotten off from welfare. Those are the news stories i want to see and hear. Anyone else feel this way?
tcob

United States

#10 Apr 21, 2009
it should be known to the people what is around them when children are involved.we as a community need to protect our children .these pedophiles are evil and as long as evil is allowed in our community by local buisnesses we have a right to voice opinions on it.they prey on innocence.they need to be ran out of malone.
shannon

Boone, NC

#11 Apr 21, 2009
All i am pointing out is we have legal ways of finding out if these criminals live in our communities. Also i would like to add this, i personally don't agree nor disagree with people renting to anyone person or persons, they are in the business that they are, whatever it may be to make a living. Why is it on this site that it always comes back to what business is or isn't renting to these people anyway? I don't know that, that's the issue really since no matter where they live they can make the choice to act on and urge or not too. Where they live has nothing to do with that. It's an everyday struggle just as it is for alcoholics, you are never cured,just in treatment. If you want to stop the bad that you do to yourself or others then the choice is simple, stay in treatment! I urge people to get help for as long as they need it, there is no shame in getting help,but shame is when you ignore your problems and continue hurting people. That's what makes me angry, if these criminals, and i mean any and all criminals are released then they should be ordered to enter into some sort of program, and not just for a few months, but as long as it takes! I don't think we will ever find all the correct answers, but i am glad we have a site like this to share our thoughts and ideas. You never know the right person may read this one day and like and idea or two that someone has written, this could spark a change, thus all the more reason to stay on topic and not be hateful to each other.
xdrunk

Woodbridge, VA

#12 Apr 22, 2009
I should know who lives and works around me.
But when I'm out of town and I need to stop for the night I should NOT have to stop and look up to see if any of the sick baste rd are liveing at the Motel that I might be staying at. They need a
sign at the front desk telling people who staying their, and to watch their kids, the sickos made this happen.

And I am in recovery for alcohol 18 years,
Its a CHOICE TO DO WHATS RIGHT FOR ME everyday.

xdrunk

xd
Depot Rat

Middleville, NY

#13 Apr 22, 2009
shannon wrote:
All i am pointing out is we have legal ways of finding out if these criminals live in our communities. Also i would like to add this, i personally don't agree nor disagree with people renting to anyone person or persons, they are in the business that they are, whatever it may be to make a living. Why is it on this site that it always comes back to what business is or isn't renting to these people anyway? I don't know that, that's the issue really since no matter where they live they can make the choice to act on and urge or not too. Where they live has nothing to do with that. It's an everyday struggle just as it is for alcoholics, you are never cured,just in treatment. If you want to stop the bad that you do to yourself or others then the choice is simple, stay in treatment! I urge people to get help for as long as they need it, there is no shame in getting help,but shame is when you ignore your problems and continue hurting people. That's what makes me angry, if these criminals, and i mean any and all criminals are released then they should be ordered to enter into some sort of program, and not just for a few months, but as long as it takes! I don't think we will ever find all the correct answers, but i am glad we have a site like this to share our thoughts and ideas. You never know the right person may read this one day and like and idea or two that someone has written, this could spark a change, thus all the more reason to stay on topic and not be hateful to each other.
Agree with all your points of interest.
Lets take this latest one here in Malone that has recently been released and living at the Gateway. Yes we must be careful not to step on his civil rights, I am sure that is what the law is thinking. Well after all the damage he has done to so many children should he have any rights whatsoever. I Think if they are gonna let a beast out of confinement they should keep an eye on him more constant than they do. My idea is to put them, this guy in particular for what he has done, in House Arrest. Yes if he has to go someplace he should have to call an overseer to seek permission. He must be observed more than the average Joe. This is a bad boy and will never get any better. Well I can rant and rave but still but I am sure you get the point.
Rhonda

United States

#14 Apr 26, 2009
I don't think it's the mom's fault. It's the guy's fault. The mom probably didn't even know he was like that. So your saying that women shouldn't let a 29 yrs old male babysitt, but what if ur dating a guy that old & he's not ur kids father. You shouldn't let him watch ur kids. It could be a famliy memeber and heck it coul;d be ur best friend that's like that. I feel bad for the little girl and her family
shannon

Boone, NC

#15 Apr 26, 2009
House arrest would be a great idea! However then that raises the question in my mind of how long?Also how much does it cost to do this? I mean i know that we can't just run them out of our communities and into others, that's not going to help the situation, not that i can see. I think the state should look into some grant funding,local funding,state funding for a serious S.A.I.P program (sex abuse intervention program) This program would be ordered by the court to be completed in a given time frame, if not back to jail you go. In the program there is research required and projects so to speak also required. In some cases it makes them look at what they have done and how it affects the victims. Also how it had affected them and family members,because even if they don't think it has one on there own family they are WRONG!!! So each victim they violate actually could affect dozens of people! This program shouldn't just be for if and or when they have been released, but also while in jail. Again i will say i enjoy our talks on this site, and maybe we can one day make a change with something that someone says here. The only offenders i have ever worked with are teens, from about 12-18, so it may be that the hope i have for the children and the distance they have gone in recovery makes me want to believe that adults can do the same.
Maryann Dunlavey

Schenectady, NY

#16 Apr 27, 2009
shannon wrote:
House arrest would be a great idea! However then that raises the question in my mind of how long?Also how much does it cost to do this? I mean i know that we can't just run them out of our communities and into others, that's not going to help the situation, not that i can see. I think the state should look into some grant funding,local funding,state funding for a serious S.A.I.P program (sex abuse intervention program) This program would be ordered by the court to be completed in a given time frame, if not back to jail you go. In the program there is research required and projects so to speak also required. In some cases it makes them look at what they have done and how it affects the victims. Also how it had affected them and family members,because even if they don't think it has one on there own family they are WRONG!!! So each victim they violate actually could affect dozens of people! This program shouldn't just be for if and or when they have been released, but also while in jail. Again i will say i enjoy our talks on this site, and maybe we can one day make a change with something that someone says here. The only offenders i have ever worked with are teens, from about 12-18, so it may be that the hope i have for the children and the distance they have gone in recovery makes me want to believe that adults can do the same.
They(perverts) get these programs in prison in which a ton of tax payers monrey, pays for. There is NO cure for these deviants. There is only one way that I can think of that would ensure they never do it again. Too much money is spent on them already. Not enough is spent on the victims in my eues.
Maryann Dunlavey

Schenectady, NY

#17 Apr 27, 2009
Money
Northernman

Middleville, NY

#18 May 4, 2009
7 years for raping a kid? I've had enough of this stuff let alone we have to pay to keep this trash in jail. I say castrate these bums. I bet they won't have the will to do it again. let alone save the state a fortune in money
shannon

Boone, NC

#19 May 4, 2009
Well actually if we got to the offenders before,adults 18 and over, they may be able to stay out of jail all together,this would save a TON of money for each and every state. These therapy type classes are A LOT cheaper than a day in jail,or prison where they are fed 3 times per day,lights,water,medical,visio n,dental,etc..... That is why i am a supporter of the community based support groups,of course people have to find it in our hearts to allow the community to do well by EVERYONE,and we as non professionals have to stay out of the personal lives of both victims and offenders unless our opinions or help is asked for.In which case i hope that everyone would find it in our hearts to help anyone that we could,this extends well beyond sex offenders and or there victims also.
Now as far as shall we say taking away a part of a persons anatomy,well we can't do that in the United States,sorry wrong country. Also i am not sure that this would help,as some of these people actaully don't always use this particular part of there body to do harm. I don't need to go into details about what people like this can use,have used and are probably thinking all the time about new items to use.
Think about it like this i guess this is what i have done. First if we don't forgive people for harming us, then we are forever victims! I will not live my life like that being miserable all the time. Second,If these groups exsist in all communities then even when they move they are required to join them,thus keeping them busy with therapy sessions and jobs. So maybe they would start to see other choices can be made and would "re-train" there minds. Kind of like recovering drug addicts and alcoholics, they see other ways of life is attainable and they learn to like living right,and living for God. Again maybe i have a lot of wishful thinking for adults that we as a whole in this country have failed. I will however still believe everyone has good in him or her,no matter how small of an amount, i may be able to put a little more good in them,through words,understanding and or a spare coin to someone on the street. I WILL NOT GIVE UP ON ANYONE! I would love for everyone to just try to do something giving each day to someone that they don't know anything about,other than he or she is homeless,jobless, or just going through a hard time at home. Please let us all try this for a day,it would shock the whole country!Maybe the whole world!!

Since: May 09

Liverpool, NY

#20 May 7, 2009
shannon wrote:
I don't understand why you would blame the mother for having a babysitter? Male or Female, who cares the sex of the sitter, the issue is whoever you have as a sitter you need to really do your homework. It's not like it was in the 80's when i used to babysit, what seemed like all of Brushton's kids,LOL. They knew me and my family and so i babysat,that's how it worked. Now i am sad to say in these times it can't work that way! I hope that this child, really both children get the help that they need to become complete and whole again. They can and will get through this with the correct help from a trained therapist, and a lot of family support. Also mom don't beat yourself up, you trusted this isn't always how it turns out. Just sadly that it does sometimes. It may help for you to talk to someone also, some areas have free classes with people in similar situations, it may benefit you. Good Luck and God Bless you and your family!!
yeah for Brushton. nice town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Murder trial date affirmed for June (Apr '10) Feb '18 Nikki Z 3
News Franklin County solid waste authority submits p... Jan '18 nice 1
News 3 men convicted of assaulting disabled teenager... (Jun '16) May '17 agree 3
What is this I hear about Michael Hart of Massena? (Nov '16) Nov '16 Just Curious 1
News In Rural New York, Windmills Can Bring Whiff of... (Aug '08) Nov '16 positronium 23
News Lawmakers want security intelligence center for... (Jul '11) Oct '16 Gogetum 12
News Another town joins fight against dump (Jul '08) Sep '16 Dumbestdump 25