Secret center helps border crime figh...

Secret center helps border crime fighters

There are 18 comments on the Press-Republican story from Aug 16, 2010, titled Secret center helps border crime fighters. In it, Press-Republican reports that:

Disqus Secret center helps border crime fighters By DENISE A. RAYMO Staff Writer MALONE - A nondescript building in northern Franklin County houses the most advanced crime-fighting network in the region.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Press-Republican.

sick of stupid

La Fayette, NY

#1 Aug 16, 2010
Wow guess its not a secret anymore. Good job.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#2 Aug 16, 2010
isn't that nice? just like telling the terrorists what our next move will be. i can't believe they printed that story.
OUA812

United States

#3 Aug 16, 2010
That's been known for years. It's across from the West side Mountain Mart behind one of the buildings there. BFD.

The nutless wonders wont go where the real problem is anyway...the reservation.
taxpayer

New York, NY

#4 Aug 16, 2010
OUA812 wrote:
That's been known for years. It's across from the West side Mountain Mart behind one of the buildings there. BFD.
Again the expert in everything, what a know it all.
You want to affect crime...come to Malone, there is plenty of crime there, enough to keep law enforcers busy for years.
OUA812

United States

#5 Aug 16, 2010
Pot calling the kettle black I see.
sick of stupid

La Fayette, NY

#6 Aug 16, 2010
OUA812 wrote:
No A hole your actually wrong its not there now. Probably becuase of people like you.
OUA812

United States

#7 Aug 17, 2010
Or because you can't keep a secret in a small town.
abc123

United States

#8 Aug 17, 2010
OUA812 is right. Many people have known about the facility for a while now. If they can help clean up the drugs and other problems around here, more power to them. They have never been a secret though. Malone is simply too small a town with too many related people for things to stay quiet very long.
Community2

New York, NY

#9 Aug 17, 2010
It's a prohibition problem - just like during booze prohibition. Outlaw what the people want and you create an outlaw society. And the Natives didn't make this problem.

This War on Drugs has caused nothing but 40 YEARS of trouble. You can't fix the problem by hiring more cops and helicopters. And why should the headquarters be secret? So we don't see how much money is being poured down that rat hole!

You want teachers and infrastructure, or do you prefer cowboys waging war on the citizens?
OUA812

United States

#10 Aug 17, 2010
Community2 wrote:
It's a prohibition problem - just like during booze prohibition. Outlaw what the people want and you create an outlaw society. And the Natives didn't make this problem.
This War on Drugs has caused nothing but 40 YEARS of trouble. You can't fix the problem by hiring more cops and helicopters. And why should the headquarters be secret? So we don't see how much money is being poured down that rat hole!
You want teachers and infrastructure, or do you prefer cowboys waging war on the citizens?
Brilliant.

You are 100% right.

I am sick to death of the hundreds of gas-guzzling Border Patrol SUVs around here. It's beyond absurd. And you can't drive five miles down 11 without meeting a trooper.
Kung Fu and Ball Bearings

United States

#11 Aug 17, 2010
OUA812 wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant.
You are 100% right.
I am sick to death of the hundreds of gas-guzzling Border Patrol SUVs around here. It's beyond absurd. And you can't drive five miles down 11 without meeting a trooper.
Again everyone is ignoring the main problem, the pox that will soon infect the Rec Park in a month or two....the constant racket, the honking, the pooping, the subtle smiles on their perverted little beaks.
TFKNR

New York, NY

#12 Aug 18, 2010
Wrong. It was moved from the location you bozo's think it is, but go ahead and keep thinking it is there.
Certainly Not

Rainbow Lake, NY

#13 Aug 19, 2010
Kung Fu and Ball Bearings wrote:
<quoted text>
Again everyone is ignoring the main problem, the pox that will soon infect the Rec Park in a month or two....the constant racket, the honking, the pooping, the subtle smiles on their perverted little beaks.
The geese and their poop could be used to generate methane to fuel law enforcement vehicles. Everyone benefits - except the geese.
CitySlicker

Tupper Lake, NY

#14 Aug 19, 2010
big brother is watching
OUA812

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#15 Aug 19, 2010
TFKNR wrote:
Wrong. It was moved from the location you bozo's think it is, but go ahead and keep thinking it is there.
No.

One.

Cares.

Just more useless government bureaucrats doing nothing and sucking the taxpayers dry.
Community2

Clinton, NY

#16 Aug 31, 2010
Just read a letter to the editor in the NY Times about who could have imagined in 1980 that 30 years later you could go freely from West Berlin to East Berlin but get stopped by Border Patrol inside New York State.

Damn right! Want to reduce the deficit? One of the first steps is get rid of the damn Interior Police. And no, I don't think you are protecting me. And that includes our fascist D.A. putting cameras on Main St. If that is the best use they can come up with for using OUR money - then cut their budgets to the BONE!

I don't want my country becoming the (dead) U.S.S.R.
who knows

United States

#17 Aug 31, 2010
Go thru Ft Covington if you want to see BP . they are all over . Saranac police to, I guess something big is coming down besides speeding tickets,/seat belts etc,
Community2

Clinton, NY

#18 Aug 31, 2010
Saranac cops are there so they can share in the fruits of preying on the citizens. Taxes can't fund all the "protection" we receive, so the DA loots supposed "drug profits" and distributes it among cop agencies that cooperate with the War on Drugs - or as I think of it, the War on Citizens.

Why do the people who support this crap call themselves conservatives?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 3 men convicted of assaulting disabled teenager... (Jun '16) May '17 agree 3
What is this I hear about Michael Hart of Massena? (Nov '16) Nov '16 Just Curious 1
News In Rural New York, Windmills Can Bring Whiff of... (Aug '08) Nov '16 positronium 23
News Lawmakers want security intelligence center for... (Jul '11) Oct '16 Gogetum 12
News Another town joins fight against dump (Jul '08) Sep '16 Dumbestdump 25
News Use of synthetic drug on the rise in North Country (Aug '16) Aug '16 Number 1 runner 2
News Walbridge apparently out in Malone Town Council... (Nov '15) Aug '16 Dotell 3
More from around the web