Malone inmates claim higher rate of sexual abuse

Apr 10, 2010 Full story: Watertown Daily Times 130

Franklin County officials say policies and procedures will not change at the Franklin County jail even though inmates at the facility claimed they were sexually assaulted at rates more than double the national average.

Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#1 Apr 12, 2010
So now the inmates will be believed over officers??? Sounds to me like all the roaches come out of their dark hiding places so they can get their slice of the proverbial pie....meaning...one claim hits the papers and now MORE think they can get in on the publicity too....why?...do they think it will make their crimes disappear or something??? maybe get a slap on the hand instead jail time because they say they were assaulted???

It's digusting how officers get the shaft because of something a multiple offender can claim was done to them....and it's even worse when first time offenders have the deviant nature to do the same thing a seasoned criminal would do....

Since: Oct 09

Tallahassee, FL

#2 Apr 12, 2010
Work there live in S L wrote:
So now the inmates will be believed over officers??? Sounds to me like all the roaches come out of their dark hiding places so they can get their slice of the proverbial pie....meaning...one claim hits the papers and now MORE think they can get in on the publicity too....why?...do they think it will make their crimes disappear or something??? maybe get a slap on the hand instead jail time because they say they were assaulted???
It's digusting how officers get the shaft because of something a multiple offender can claim was done to them....and it's even worse when first time offenders have the deviant nature to do the same thing a seasoned criminal would do....
Well it’s not really the correction officers “Getting the shaft”!!
Verteska

Boonville, NY

#3 Apr 12, 2010
honestly... I wouldn't dare comment an opinion one way or the other. Horribly enough there are cases of sexual assaults in prisons, jails, and even psychiatric facilities that are often times shrugged off because the accuser is less than credible (with good reason usually) but have turned out to be true accusations in the end. There are of course accusers that lie through their teeth for their own personal gain. Personally I wouldn't side with either unless I was sitting in a jury booth and had first hand info. Being an officer doesn't make you anymore important than being an inmate. Just the same as being a priest makes you no more god-like then the rest of us. So-on and so-forth. ;) Careful whose side you take, is all I'm saying.

Tallahassee, FL

#4 Apr 12, 2010
I don't care what happens to convicts. At all!!
taxpayer

New York, NY

#5 Apr 12, 2010
-yernogood wrote:
I don't care what happens to convicts. At all!!
I do care what happens to the convicts. I do not approve of acting inhumanely or unjustly to ANYONE.
I support the CO's and will not allow them to be sullied by a rapist among them.
I will not tolerate the sexual abuse of inmates because if you allow sexual predators the right to rape someone simply because they are in prison, you are creating a culture of evil that taints the vast majority of lawfull, upstanding COs and our entire culture.
Manuel LaBore

The Villages, FL

#6 Apr 12, 2010
Guards need to be more vigilant and not look the other way. As TP says no one shoild be subjected to abuse of any kind while in the care of NYSDOC. I know the guards probaly don't like prisoners but they have a legal and moral obligation to ensure their safety and their own of course.

Tallahassee, FL

#7 Apr 13, 2010
taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
I do care what happens to the convicts. I do not approve of acting inhumanely or unjustly to ANYONE.
I support the CO's and will not allow them to be sullied by a rapist among them.
I will not tolerate the sexual abuse of inmates because if you allow sexual predators the right to rape someone simply because they are in prison, you are creating a culture of evil that taints the vast majority of lawfull, upstanding COs and our entire culture.
That's fine. You call them humans and I call them sub human. Your opinion is noted. I just hope your opinion is the minority. They are not human at all.

Tallahassee, FL

#8 Apr 13, 2010
Why is EVERYBODY labeled a sexual predator now a day?
fred

Tully, NY

#9 Apr 13, 2010
manual i know why you used the abb. nysdocs. it is because you want me to stoop to your level of rideric and heresay, and i wont. this is a thread about sexual abuse in a county jail not state prison. have a nice day.
taxpayer

Clifton Park, NY

#10 Apr 13, 2010
-yernogood wrote:
<quoted text>That's fine. You call them humans and I call them sub human. Your opinion is noted. I just hope your opinion is the minority. They are not human at all.
They are humans, but if your plan to allow COs to murder, torture and rape them with impunity is adopted, COs will not be human and no sane person would feel safe OUTSIDE the prisons either.
Your opinon is in the minority in America, a Judeo-Christan country.
What kind of a person so hates prisoners that they would advocate such evil? What about the non violent offenders?

Tallahassee, FL

#11 Apr 13, 2010
taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
They are humans, but if your plan to allow COs to murder, torture and rape them with impunity is adopted, COs will not be human and no sane person would feel safe OUTSIDE the prisons either.
Your opinon is in the minority in America, a Judeo-Christan country.
What kind of a person so hates prisoners that they would advocate such evil? What about the non violent offenders?
Well, what about them? I have no remorse for these people. They had no morals of any such kind when they did what they did to find them where they are why should I worry about them and what they feel is immoral now? I agree what is happening is disgusting but, I don’t really care either. I think the majority of them deserve torture. Personal I think the best disincentive to it all is to just execute them all. I really don’t care one way or the other though.
grandma

Camden, NY

#12 Apr 13, 2010
I was taught....Two wrongs DON'T make it right.
taxpayer

New York, NY

#13 Apr 13, 2010
-yernogood wrote:
<quoted text>Well, what about them? I have no remorse for these people. They had no morals of any such kind when they did what they did to find them where they are why should I worry about them and what they feel is immoral now? I agree what is happening is disgusting but, I don’t really care either. I think the majority of them deserve torture. Personal I think the best disincentive to it all is to just execute them all. I really don’t care one way or the other though.
No one deserves torture and executing every prisoner would make us worse than our enemies, thank God your opinon isn't shared by any decent American.
BOGO12953

Boonville, NY

#14 Apr 13, 2010
The US has more people in prison than any other country in the world.

I believe in strong laws with stiff penalties and even the death penalty.

I do not condone abuse of any manner whether it is a child, wife or prisoner. Abuse is the lowest action anyone can take. I could not support anyone who abused another, regardless of who the victim is.

Tallahassee, FL

#15 Apr 13, 2010
taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
No one deserves torture and executing every prisoner would make us worse than our enemies, thank God your opinon isn't shared by any decent American.
Uhhhm....OK! I couldn't care less what happens to any of these sub human reprobates. For al I care they can get raped to their death. They just simply don't matter. Nor do you.
Manuel LaBore

The Villages, FL

#16 Apr 13, 2010
fred wrote:
manual i know why you used the abb. nysdocs. it is because you want me to stoop to your level of rideric and heresay, and i wont. this is a thread about sexual abuse in a county jail not state prison. have a nice day.
Well, it happens everywhere Fred, jails, prisons, work camps etc. What about that woman who recently sexually abused the prisoner by giving him oral sex? That happened in your prison did it not? There have been many reports and complaints about this over the years in state prisons and some have even involved guards. Why do you take such offense when the truth be told? Thou protest to much Fred. There are open barred cells, CCTV, guards on patrolso don't tell me that they don't see prisoner sex in progress. It is just an accepted practice by all, staff, inmates, non uniformed employee's etc etc. I know you will not deny it if you really are a guard Fred.
Manuel LaBore

The Villages, FL

#17 Apr 13, 2010
BOGO12953 wrote:
The US has more people in prison than any other country in the world.
I believe in strong laws with stiff penalties and even the death penalty.
I do not condone abuse of any manner whether it is a child, wife or prisoner. Abuse is the lowest action anyone can take. I could not support anyone who abused another, regardless of who the victim is.
I thought Mexico has more prioners, not sure BOGO.
Manuel LaBore

The Villages, FL

#18 Apr 13, 2010
BOGO, thought you meant NYS, you are correct,soryy.
Manual LaBore

The Villages, FL

#19 Apr 14, 2010
taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post sounds like you speak from personal experience. You are overly adamant and give yourself away each and every time. Were you an inmate that was man raped? You should be ashamed, it explains to me now why you are mad at the world. Your denial in this case will be accepted TAXPAYER. You seem quite anal about this particular issue. I hope you are getting help.
Manual LaBore

The Villages, FL

#20 Apr 14, 2010
I meant to say that you should NOT be ashamed. You did not ask for it, it was not your fauly. Walk with your heads high.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Franklin County youth advocate program employee... (Jan '14) Oct 16 mongers 127
Deputy says he was ordered to target legislators Oct 15 would like to know 1
Franklin County building new nursing home (Oct '10) Aug '14 call ur bluff 74
Authorities arrest 10 in Northern New York drug... Jul '14 lost cause 6
Franklin County DA says hea ll force Malone hig... Jun '14 I think 8
Franklin County forum focuses on increase in he... May '14 Whats Happening 4
Brad Eggsware will spend seven years in prison ... (Apr '07) Mar '14 Rip bje 22

Franklin County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE