Lawmakers want security intelligence center for Franklin County

Senator Charles Schumer and Congressman Bill Owens say the new center would create jobs and provide a boost to Homeland Security efforts. Full Story
taxpayer

Boonville, NY

#1 Jul 1, 2011
This would be good for the Malone area.
Hysteria

Binghamton, NY

#2 Jul 1, 2011
Still doesn't address the real problems and where they come from on the Res. Keep patrolling Burke and Malone and avoid the Res, where haybales of pot come in each day from Canada.
billy jensen

Lake Placid, NY

#3 Nov 19, 2011
the law [ state police d.a. and all the others avoid the rez. completely because derek champagne is scared to death of the tribe and natives, total fact ! state police scared too, all they wanna do is hand out seatbelt tickets to everyone....they too scared to catch " real felons " [ haha ]
Yup

Watertown, NY

#4 Nov 20, 2011
They had no problem busting you.
Yup

Syracuse, NY

#5 Nov 20, 2011
The reservation is avoided by law enforcement because it is a SOVEREIGN NATION. NO American or Canadian law enforcement entity has jurisdiction there.

That said, tribal police cooperate with outside authorities to the extent they deem necessary.

There are rather serious issues pending with the overreach of the US Border Patrol and our DA regarding roadblocks and random searches which violate our constitutional right to be secure in our person.

And THAT said, it's kind of criminal in itself that we are living in a random search police state, while, at the same time, we are living with unbelievable drug traffic for a community this size. It's decimating what youth are left after the brain drain, which is bad enough.

If there's going to be a police state, then enforce the law in town too. I have a real problem with our current situation which would seem to mean we need to tolerate both.

I don't know of any other area in this state with a major drug trafficking problem that does not have a drug tip hotline, that actually acts on the information it receives. It's almost as if they don't want to know about it. or, they already DO know about it, and don't want to make the arrests necessary to stop it. That says right there that the drug trade is being facilitated, at the very least, by pillars of this community.

You can't scratch a criminal anywhere near here without finding a Monette owned or affiliated business very far away. And by that I mean Fat Jake's.

I truly hope that with this new layer of 'intelligence' that something seriously is done about the heroin trade and some of the other criminal stuff happening around here that decent people truly shouldn't have to live with, regardless of who might be involved. Because, for those of you who are so immersed in the criminality of it all to ever know the difference, that's exactly what the rule of law is all about. You hear me, DA? Because if not this is all coming back on YOU and your fascist incompetence.

Jobs my butt. NO community puts people to work like this, except maybe some backwater in China or something.

We need real jobs here. Jobs that encourage young people to stick around.
Yup

Watertown, NY

#6 Nov 20, 2011
FOLKS, I just wanted to say that I THINK the MONETTE's were responsible for the earthquake in Japan earlier this year.

I HOPE the new layer of "INTELLIGENCE" does something around here besides run their mouth like I DO.

GEESH folks, YOU HAVE TO keep reading my comments and USE your head for something besides a hat rack!
Wonder how bad hubby will IGNORE me today? At least my little DOG HAS to come to me for food.
Michael Vick

Boston, MA

#7 Nov 20, 2011
Did someone say dog?
Plato

Lake Placid, NY

#8 Nov 20, 2011
Yup wrote:
You can't scratch a criminal anywhere near here without finding a Monette owned or affiliated business very far away. And by that I mean Fat Jake's.
You were making sense until you said this. Are you alleging that the owner of Fat Jakes is involved in drug trafficking?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#9 Nov 20, 2011
The reason they don't go after all the MJ people is because the DA and others are not stupid.

They understand This is a very Pro MJ area,
If they were to crack down on people for purely MJ
reasons, The DA knows he would get replaced.
So they selectively go after problem areas.

Usually they only go after MJ dealers if they are,

1)Selling to kids
2)Selling harder drugs
3)Moving large amounts

But that just shows what a joke MJ prohibition is.

Even the Police know MJ prohibition is a joke.
The only reason why they want it to stay illegal is
because they make to much money on Drugs..

Yes they make money,,

Drug crimes are the only crime that pays for police. They can take your money without even convicting you of a crime.

Now when i say take your money i don't always mean they pocket the money. But they get it added to their overtime budget and such.

END THE WAR ON AMERICANS

We need some one to run against the DA
Even if they don't win it will send a message.

He should join other elected leaders and call for legalization and Regulation.

If he really wants to serve this community, he should listen to the people and help be part of the solution.
Yup

Watertown, NY

#10 Nov 20, 2011
LOL, I used to think he was drunk when he was posting now I realize it's just mental retardation.
Georgia Native

Edmond, OK

#11 Nov 23, 2011
Yea, this is all America needs more GD law enforcement,as if we don't have enough.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Franklin County youth advocate program employee... (Jan '14) Dec '14 Obviouslystupid 128
Franklin County building new nursing home (Oct '10) Aug '14 call ur bluff 74
Authorities arrest 10 in Northern New York drug... (Jul '14) Jul '14 lost cause 6
Franklin County DA says hea ll force Malone hig... (Jun '14) Jun '14 I think 8
Franklin County forum focuses on increase in he... (May '14) May '14 Whats Happening 4
Brad Eggsware will spend seven years in prison ... (Apr '07) Mar '14 Rip bje 22
Malone woman accused of assaulting corrections ... (May '13) Mar '14 whatever 48
More from around the web