Minivan Rear Ends Semi On EB I-44, One Killed

Full story: Fox2Now

A crash on eastbound Interstate 44 in Franklin County has left 1 person dead and 5 other injured.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 26 of26
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
bill

Alton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2010

Judged:

Most car crashes happen because somebody isnt watching whats going on.
SMS

Camdenton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2010

my husband and I unfortunately got to see this accident in the raw just a few minutes after it happened and before emergency crew arrived...nightmare....scared to know children were involved in it but very glad to hear they survived with only minor injuries...tragic though that one is now without a parent...

that stretch scares the hell out of me since they started construction...but yes definitely have to be on your guard in every construction zone...though I have the feeling that this is not going to be the last accident that this stretch is going to cause
John Brown

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2010

Very sad to hear this. I wonder how long it will be until someone dies around the STL area on I-44 because Modot cheaply scraped off the lane markings.
VCDaedalus

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2010

Complain about the road markings and the congestion and construction and the other drivers all you want, but that won't keep you safe.

These things are what they are, in real time, and b1tching about it is the most USELESS thing you can do.

The USEFUL thing you can do is not take your safety for granted ("Oh, I got me some anti-lock brakes and new tires and power steering and airbags all around--I don't need to be careful about how I drive, I'm FINE, this car's HUGE, I'll be fine"), and treat every road trip as The Most Deadly Game. Because it most certainly is.

So quitcher b1tching, quitcher multitasking, quitcher blabblablabbing, put both hands on the wheel and pay attention every minute. Don't tailgate, and anticipate traffic at least 500 feet ahead of you. Maintain the posted speed limit and never overestimate your "military trained" eyesight and ninja reflexes.
Way To Go

Rolla, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2010

My prayer to the family.
Jonathon Welch

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2010

Does anyone proof read these stories that Channel 2 posts; Second sentence: "Doctors are helped five other family members injured in the accident".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 26 of26
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Franklin County Discussions

Search the Franklin County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Nudist Camp Approved In Franklin County (Jun '06) Jun '14 Markdale Nudist 218
Judge Hoven (Sep '09) May '14 sick of hoven 12
Walgreens crack down on meth makers Mar '14 Reader 2
95 meth labs seized near Mountain Grove, Mo., b... Mar '14 glr 1
Who Was Wrong in Nasty Email Exchange Between G... (Apr '13) Apr '13 gene 1
part time employment opportunity (Feb '13) Feb '13 cburkhardt 1
Incident at the Pacific schools on 12/17/2012 (Dec '12) Dec '12 Misty Foster 1
•••
•••