Minivan Rear Ends Semi On EB I-44, On...

Minivan Rear Ends Semi On EB I-44, One Killed

There are 26 comments on the Fox2Now story from May 14, 2010, titled Minivan Rear Ends Semi On EB I-44, One Killed. In it, Fox2Now reports that:

A crash on eastbound Interstate 44 in Franklin County has left 1 person dead and 5 other injured.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox2Now.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
concrened cit

United States

#1 May 14, 2010
may God be with them at this time and let evryone be okay.. and im sorry for the loss of that family member
Ann

Saint Louis, MO

#2 May 14, 2010
always, always beware of minivan drivers.
Hmmm

Ballwin, MO

#3 May 14, 2010
Ann: You are a cold hearted (heartless) moron.
Hmmm

Ballwin, MO

#4 May 14, 2010
Ann: Are you one of those idiot SUV drivers? You probably text and put your make up on while driving. Please show some compassion to the family during this terrible time in their lives.
jetta

Saint Louis, MO

#5 May 14, 2010
Ann, are you one of those drivers that pass my kids
school-bus when the door is open with the "STOP" sign
is on? I believe it.

May god be with this family during this time.Such
a terrible loss.-
corncob

Saint Louis, MO

#6 May 14, 2010
The accident happened in an area where road construction is taking place. Perhaps the driver didn't see that traffic was at a standstill/slowing down in time to avoid hitting the semi. This has almost happened to me on this very stretch over the past few weeks.

No need for blanket judgment of drivers of certain vehicles. We can all be more careful on the roads.

My dear sympathies for this family. What a trauma and loss. May healing come.
Mom

United States

#8 May 14, 2010
First minivan drivers and now gays. Ann, tell us dear what should we do to live in your perfect world? Stupid *****. Sadly enough we are seriously stupid enough to respond to your ignorance. GOD BLESS YOU FOOL
Hates Crime

Cape Girardeau, MO

#9 May 14, 2010
Anne E

You are one ignorant slut! There were children injured you stupid witch!

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#10 May 15, 2010
Corncob, thank you for being a voice of reason while others are being childish and ridiculous.

This is tragic and I feel deeply for these people. I am so sorry for the loss of the woman. Very glad the children, at least, came out with only minor injuries but I can only imagine how they must be emotionally. Very traumatic for adults, let alone children.

"Driver was distracted..." That is the general problem on the roads today. Everyone is too distracted. Traffic, passengers talking, music too loud, cell phones, stress... whatever it is, drivers need to be more careful. If you are going to drive, that needs to be your primary focus.

And construction zones. Everyone needs to be even more aware and for God's sake, slow down! There are reduced speed laws for a reason.
Judy Pruettt

United States

#11 May 15, 2010
They are all in our prayer's.
Ladytree

Saint Louis, MO

#12 May 15, 2010
My prayers go out to the family/friends of them all but let's be reasonable here folks... When driving in a construction zone... PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT'S GOING ON AROUND YOU!!! This death & the injuries could have been avoided had the driver been paying attention. You just never know when some idiot is going to do something stupid to avoid the construction around them!
JORDAN

Saint Charles, MO

#13 May 15, 2010
This is a shame. But it has everything to do with how we treat gays in this country. God is punishing us.
WHAT DOES THAT GOT TO DO WITH ANYTHING????...... JUST WANTED TO SAY SOMTHING HUH

“ABOUT ME”

Since: May 10

BARNHART

#14 May 15, 2010
Anne E wrote:
This is a shame. But it has everything to do with how we treat gays in this country. God is punishing us.
WHAT THE HECK DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH GAY RIGHTS LOOK GO BACK TO BED AND WAKE UP ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF BED GOD IS NOT PUNISHING US FOR ANYTHING , BESIDES YOUR STUPIDITY
Hmmm

Ballwin, MO

#15 May 15, 2010
JORDAN wrote:
WHAT DOES THAT GOT TO DO WITH ANYTHING????...... JUST WANTED TO SAY SOMTHING HUH
My feelings exactly. This Ann person is a real piece of work.
Hmmm

Ballwin, MO

#16 May 15, 2010
Hates Crime wrote:
Anne E
You are one ignorant ****! There were children injured you stupid witch!
You mispelled Witch. Starts with a "B".
stillgrieving

Belleville, IL

#17 May 15, 2010
Our son was killed May 24th, 2006 on I-55 in Missouri in a work zone accident by a distracted driver. Driver recieved probation & no fine. PLEASE SLOW DOWN IN WORK ZONES!!!!! This is a tragedy that never goes away.
EJH

Jeffersonville, IN

#18 May 15, 2010
The young lady that died in this crash was best friends with my daughter. She is so loved and will dearly be missed. God has a purpose for all of us. Mary was a very sweet and kind hearted person, she was a very, very good mommy. The last thing that she would want is people arguing and calling terrible names. Please--- be respectful. God Bless Everyone.
Brian

Boonville, IN

#19 May 15, 2010
Hi EJH-- I am so sorry for your loss...please contact me [email protected]
Mel

Ballwin, MO

#20 May 15, 2010
I live very close to that stretch of interstate and travel that direction every single day. While the highway department does a great job at posting signs, unfortunately, they're hard to see if you're traveling on the other side of a tractor trailer (which on I44 you usually are driving parallel to a tractor traier). Also, the traffic commonly comes to a complete stop with little to no warning because people wait until the very last minute to switch lanes. I'm sure inattention had something to do with this accident, but a little more needs to be done to warn drivers of the pending road construction ahead. I saw this accident while driving home from work ... it was terrible and it left me with an ache. My thoughts go out to all involved.
HEAD_START

Florissant, MO

#21 May 15, 2010
The other night a pedestrian was struck and, according to Fox 2, the 4 people who were in the car at the time of the collision did it.

Now, a mini van rear ends a semi but its driver is not even mentioned? Instead we're told:

"the family's mini van ran under the back of a semi."

Again, motor vehicles and their passengers do NOT run into or over things.

The operators OF the motor vehicles are the responsible parties.

Its not a small detail, its a BIG DEAL! And, until you start placing blame where it belongs, you can look forward to a lot more of the same.

Once motorists know their a55 is on the line for where their vehicle goes, and when, they wIll begin to pay attention.

Until then, its just another "accident".

And, please, spare me the talk of how the driver has suffered enough already.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nudist Camp Approved In Franklin County (Jun '06) Sep 20 Lilbitbroke 233
looking for man in truck who took me home down ... (Jul '16) Jun '17 Jim 2
Judge Hoven (Sep '09) May '17 Chris42 19
Kelli Morgan Danny Lewis meth dealers (Feb '17) Feb '17 reliable source 3
News The Latest: Missouri National Guard to assist f... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Just Me MP 2
Moving From St. Louis To Franiklin County (Oct '15) Oct '15 DeeDee 1
New To Franklin County (Oct '15) Oct '15 DeeDee 1
More from around the web