Man might face charges after leaving ...

Man might face charges after leaving baby at hospital

There are 6 comments on the Arizona Republic story from Aug 30, 2006, titled Man might face charges after leaving baby at hospital. In it, Arizona Republic reports that:

A prosecutor says he is considering charges against a man who left his 1-year-old girl daughter at a hospital, saying he could no longer care for her.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Arizona Republic.

Vee

AOL

#1 Aug 30, 2006
Charges should be the last thing to happen. He dropped the baby off in a safe environment, the child was not abused and for that alone the parent diserves some consideration. Most parents now adays abuse and kill their off spring or allow their NEW boyfriends to kill their kids because they need a man in their life and a baby killer is better then no man, right? Let us get this parent some financial help and maybe a parenting class instead of any kind of punishment, although what IS wierd is the statement that they can abandon a child under 1 and not be prosecuted, it sounds like you are talking about a damn pair of underwear that you can return after an 11 month old trial if you dont like it. "Hey, honey, we had this kid now, for how long, 11 months, it is almost time to pack up his things and give him the boot cause we are just tired of it. Maybe that way we could afford a big screen TV or a new cell phone, whatdaya think?"
DixieDarlin

Dillon, SC

#2 Aug 30, 2006
Vee wrote:
Charges should be the last thing to happen. He dropped the baby off in a safe environment, the child was not abused and for that alone the parent diserves some consideration. Most parents now adays abuse and kill their off spring or allow their NEW boyfriends to kill their kids because they need a man in their life and a baby killer is better then no man, right? Let us get this parent some financial help and maybe a parenting class instead of any kind of punishment, although what IS wierd is the statement that they can abandon a child under 1 and not be prosecuted, it sounds like you are talking about a damn pair of underwear that you can return after an 11 month old trial if you dont like it. "Hey, honey, we had this kid now, for how long, 11 months, it is almost time to pack up his things and give him the boot cause we are just tired of it. Maybe that way we could afford a big screen TV or a new cell phone, whatdaya think?"
But it's still kinda sad... don't you think? My girls or my life,,,Granted at time I'd like to strangle them...BBBBBUUUUUUTTTTTT!!!!!!
I would never ever ever want to send them back to where they came from....LOL....No way!!!!!!
Vee

AOL

#3 Aug 30, 2006
DixieDarlin wrote:
<quoted text>
But it's still kinda sad... don't you think? My girls or my life,,,Granted at time I'd like to strangle them...BBBBBUUUUUUTTTTTT!!!!!!
I would never ever ever want to send them back to where they came from....LOL....No way!!!!!!
Of course not. But there are times when things can get so overwhelming and instead of doing what Andrea Yates did, or the mother who allowed her boyfriend to beat starve and kill her daughter, Nixmary, if given a choice, I would rather see a parent let a child go in a safe environment, then the many tragic alternatives.
Jeannie G

San Antonio, TX

#4 Aug 30, 2006
DixieDarlin wrote:
<quoted text>
We take in, as we tease about, strays, that are abandoned and have found so much love from these children. The last time we had a child come to us was 8 years ago. She was reunited with her mom then 2 years ago, she's back...her loving mother sent me an IM saying, "Hi, Jeannie, I'm sending you OUR daughter back to you"..I had her in 2 days from Kentucky.
She loves it here and we can't make her leave, no matter how hard we try!! Just kidding. She is a joy and is 15 and it gives my 16-year-old daughter someone to fight with..they are closer than any sisters I've ever seen. God will find a home for that baby, if my health would let me, I would have 20 kids here..(did I really say that?) Must be out of my mind or something...lmbo! If I found I couldn't take care of my kids I have a will made out for my friend in another state to take them and place them where she sees fit if my husband is sick, too. We don't want to think about things but we have to sometimes. My niece was just granted legal guardian of her brother's kids..he is gone now..sad but they have a loving home anyway.
Yada

Humble, TX

#5 Aug 31, 2006
Jeannie G wrote:
<quoted text>We take in, as we tease about, strays, that are abandoned and have found so much love from these children. The last time we had a child come to us was 8 years ago. She was reunited with her mom then 2 years ago, she's back...her loving mother sent me an IM saying, "Hi, Jeannie, I'm sending you OUR daughter back to you"..I had her in 2 days from Kentucky.
She loves it here and we can't make her leave, no matter how hard we try!! Just kidding. She is a joy and is 15 and it gives my 16-year-old daughter someone to fight with..they are closer than any sisters I've ever seen. God will find a home for that baby, if my health would let me, I would have 20 kids here..(did I really say that?) Must be out of my mind or something...lmbo! If I found I couldn't take care of my kids I have a will made out for my friend in another state to take them and place them where she sees fit if my husband is sick, too. We don't want to think about things but we have to sometimes. My niece was just granted legal guardian of her brother's kids..he is gone now..sad but they have a loving home anyway.
I hear you all. I feel sad for the tiny thing. She cannot help who brings her into the world. I hope she finds a nice home with people to parent her.
You are a trooper to take in children. That scares the living daylights out of me. I know how I am. I would become attached and I could not hand the child back once that happened.
But the father did bring her to somewhere safe. I hear she has a mother so maybe that person will come and take her home. But No. Dakota is pretty much the sticks so the fellow probably was out of work and could no longer take care of her. I wonder what's her little name?
Just Thinking

Farmington, MI

#6 Aug 31, 2006
As is the case with most of these stories we don't get all the facts so it's hard to make an entirely informed comment. I am not a very religious person, but I believe if a person doesn't consider the consequences of their actions that they will find themselves in situations like this. Many children are conceived by parents who are only concerned with their own pleasure. Unfortunately the end result of this irresponsible behavior is a lifetime of suffering for a child who grows up feeling unwanted in an unstable environment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Foster County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Foster County Zoning Board Rejects Dairy Farm Plan (Mar '08) Mar '15 nothing but the f... 6
News Van Bedafs disappointed with vote against dairy... (Mar '08) Oct '08 for real people 4
More from around the web