Euro-West

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2012

Have same situation. Police can do nothing, HOA - useless here, City Office - have no idea what they're doing.
Unfortunetely, my area I'm living now (West Katy), getting worse then 2 years before. I'm considering to move. Do not suggest to buy home in this area. Be sure before your neibors are adecvate persons. If they're stuppid primats - you're in troubles, and your high taxes - waisting of money. I'm veru disappointed I bought house in West Katy.
Noise Pollution

Katy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

There is a law available if you live within 500 ft. of a school, from a car, if you can get it enforced.

http://www.lowertheboom.org/links/ca45_housto...
Jade in Fort Bend County wrote:
I feel your pain. I live in Fort Bend County and I've been dealing with nonstop noise for about a month now. It literally goes on all night every night. My house and entire body vibrate along with the bass from the surround sound system. I have called the police four times to no avail. In the abscense of a noise ordinace there isn't anything that they can legally do. At this point, I feel like I'm being harrassed. They have turned the volume up and are now doing it intentionally. I'm a new home owner and am amazed at how inconsiderate, not to mention, immature people are.
anyone

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

If there's no noise ordinence, try making a bunch of noise in front of the police station (if they come out, say you have a right to be on public property, and there are no ordinences, against, loitering, noise, etc., or sling shoting dog doo at the boomer car or boomer house. Maybe take up beekeeping, the vibrations will upset the bees. Maybe they'll home in on the culprets.

This is a good one, because all the boomers will be able to blame, is the bees, or own stupidity.

Don't want to keep bees? Then just order some, and rig up a remote release, hurl a hive at them.

hurl poison ivy bombs at them, so they'll have a rash a longtime, or bee stings.

If they think their music caused the bee attack, then I'll bet they'll keep it down, to avoid another attack.

Think out side the box. fire stink bombs.

Gather many neighbors, and if a bunch of random people sling shot stink bombs (rotton eggs?) from random places, hopefully they won't know who did it, and be so repelled, or their friends repelled, that maybe they'll knock it off.

Maybe, stink bombs AND bees.

How to these people pay their electric bills?

I don't know why these people are imune to the noise.

Why is it, that people doing the RIGHT THING, are always the ones to suffer?
james mcclure

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

i live in fallbrook off of veteran mem. we have a hall own by mexicans they want to play there music from 4 pm until 2 am i/am corridor and president of the civcic club i went to court on dec. 12th and the judge fine the two djs 250.00 and the cost of court our contract deputy was told to write thickets for loud music we is not giving up they is in our deed restrion my wife had to have heart surgery from the stress over the years they have been here my next door neighbor who is white just had lung surgeryand i/am not gone to let them keep on stressing us out the owner and the guys who lease this place is not a resident of our sobdivision we are tried we need a law to be enforced every time the dupties go out on loud music calls we are tjhe ones who pay taxes on our homes and should have to listen to loud music
Fatkansas

Grapeland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

The real problem is this absurd and in my opinion, illegal law, 41.02.5 (I think that is right). This law eliminates ANY rights you may have to protect yourselves from this crime. The first half is reasonable and states that any noise you deem offensive is ticketable. The second half is the illegal part and says you must endure the minimum sound level of a car horn (85db from a source at least 80 feet away) at its source, under the hood, for as long as the perpetrators care to violate you! The second half is unenforceable: 1. Because officers aren't provided decibel meters. 2. What if it is only 84db or is 79 or 86' away, ridiculous! Texas common law states that you have a right to 'peacefully and quietly' enjoy your property. This law violates that law.
The real answer is to get this idiot, special interest provision repealed! The legislature meets again next (2013) year. Write your State reps and senators. Write ALL of them. Call them. Visit their offices. Stand on their desks if necessary, in other words, get their attention!!!! They are your paid employees. Tell them what to do!!!
Repeal the illegal portion of this criminal law!!!
Apply pressure to whomever and wherever you can to get this nonsense removed!
NO ONE has a right to force you to hear their, stereos, live band, PA systems, screaming and hollering, etc.

In Harris County our new DA has promised to enforce all the laws, something that the out going DA refused to do. We're beginning to see some movement in the prosecutors are getting less reliant on the second half provision. But we must get this illegal law changed. Locally, Deputies have been told to write the ticket ($500) if they think it is too loud. This is better but is still a violation of your rights. You are the one that should determine what is a bother to you!

Apply, apply, apply the appropriate pressure. The legislature only meets ever 2 years and then for a very short time. Last session there were 3 bills introduced and none even made it out of committee to be acted upon. WE need to apply more pressure to get this illegal law overturned.

Thanks for listening, now go do what you can to put sensibility and rationality back into law that was high-jacked by special interests.

Apply, apply, apply pressure!
fedup

Katy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

i recently moved to katy and have repeatedly been disturbed but two neighbors roosters. most people think they just crow in the morning, they are WRONG its all day and half or the night, i work in the evening so its really hard for me to sleep considering when they crow it wakes up my 3 yr old and once hes up hes up. if anyone can tell me what to do about this i would greatly appreciate it. please send your responses to barbie.2@gmail.com
thank you
mad person

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

I live in northdallas and I have white ppl liveing next door to us we had mild music on Easter day he yelled out of the window to turn it down and it was like 5or 6 pm but we turn it down did I really have to or I can wait until 10 to turn off my radio?
Judy in Harris County

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

If the people could hear it inside their house, it was apparently more than "mild music", don't you think?
sandra

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jul 12

I moved here to houston about 3 years ago and nowvi wish i never did. These people down here do not give a hoot about nothing and have drinking parties every single night. You call the police and nothing gets done except a slap on the wrist. noise violation law has been broken.even by our own police. the police just sit back and laugh while the party is setting off gun fire. no one here as farvas law officials habevput 2x2 together yet. loud music always yend to lead to drugs, sex, violence and gun shooting whether at people or just shooting in the air for attention. it was pretty bad inmy neighborhood a few nights ago.it sounded .like a cannon going off down the street and several of us called 911 but they never showed up. police today do not seem to really care like they should to help stop all this nonsense. if the policemen cared maybe the neighborhoods would change. we need better police protection from these violent people. they are criminals and need to be behind bars for our safety
Fatkansas

Baytown, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 13

Sandra; Houston is governed by it's own noise ordinance, not the state law. You need to pester your area and at large council members as well as the police chief and sub-chiefs about the police violations of enforcement!
sandra wrote:
I moved here to houston about 3 years ago and nowvi wish i never did. These people down here do not give a hoot about nothing and have drinking parties every single night. You call the police and nothing gets done except a slap on the wrist. noise violation law has been broken.even by our own police. the police just sit back and laugh while the party is setting off gun fire. no one here as farvas law officials habevput 2x2 together yet. loud music always yend to lead to drugs, sex, violence and gun shooting whether at people or just shooting in the air for attention. it was pretty bad inmy neighborhood a few nights ago.it sounded .like a cannon going off down the street and several of us called 911 but they never showed up. police today do not seem to really care like they should to help stop all this nonsense. if the policemen cared maybe the neighborhoods would change. we need better police protection from these violent people. they are criminals and need to be behind bars for our safety
Fatkansas

Baytown, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 13

I live in Harris County, not Grapeland, Tx. I don't know how to change this or to get to the Harris County page. Very confusing!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fort Bend County Discussions

Search the Fort Bend County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Gerald Lee Downing, 21, is accused of indecency... (Dec '10) 11 hr Poop 21
Ruben trains with the Fort Bend Sheriff's Offic... May '14 Embarrassed to the MAX 1
Suspect arrested in Fresno home invasion robber... (Dec '13) Dec '13 ADT Corp Security 1
Haunted? Richmond has its share of ghost stories (Jan '08) Oct '13 Tia 38
Flash Flood Warning: Strong storms pound Housto... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Cornelius Brown 1
Sophisticated grow house operation found in Pea... (Mar '13) Mar '13 squeaky g 1
Deputies: Construction worker crushed by cement... (Dec '12) Dec '12 ashutosh tirpathi 1
•••
•••