Computer maker Dell laying off unknow...

Computer maker Dell laying off unknown number of workers worldw...

There are 1 comment on the The Morning Call story from Mar 11, 2009, titled Computer maker Dell laying off unknown number of workers worldw.... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Dell Inc., the world's second-largest computer maker, said Wednesday it is laying off workers around the world but would not say how many or where.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Dell is Done

United States

#1 Mar 11, 2009
Dell is done. Their commodity, cut-throat, pricing model came back to smack them in the face and it smacked them hard.

While other companies were engaged in a pricing war bloodbath, one company (the ONLY profitable hardware vendor) was innovating their way to success. It goes without saying that that company is Apple. Ever go to an Apple Store? They are a mad house of non-stop BUYING customers.

There is a reason why Apple sold more computers last quarter than any other quarter ever, more Ipods than any other non-holiday quarter and more Iphones than ALL other previous quarters, combined.

I am not an Apple "fan boy" by any means. In fact, I only own one Apple product (an old Ipod), but they are clearly a company that I financially believe in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forsyth County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Forsyth County Criminal Mugshots and Arrests Re... Oct '16 Alexander 2
News Will Novant Health employees have to pass on su... (Sep '13) Sep '13 charles 1
News Incoming W-S police chief cleared in shooting o... (Jun '13) Jun '13 RCI 2
News Elkin police captain resigns for - personal rea... (May '13) May '13 Andrew 1
News NC jury trials could be waived in amendment change (May '13) May '13 Andrew 1
News Your View: Prayer without Jesus' name has no power (Feb '12) Jan '13 God is in Control 12
News Same-sex couples ask for marriage licenses in NC (Jan '13) Jan '13 Anonymous 3
More from around the web