Guilford, Forsyth Schools Approaching...

Guilford, Forsyth Schools Approaching Furloughs Differently

There are 4 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from May 18, 2010, titled Guilford, Forsyth Schools Approaching Furloughs Differently. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

The Guilford County and Winston-Salem/Forsyth County school systems have announced they intend to tell employees to take unpaid vacation next school year, but the two systems are approaching the final decision differently.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

kdjhck

Greensboro, NC

#1 May 19, 2010
What people don't understand is that teachers can only take those days on workdays...not when students are in school. Those days are needed to catch up on school work, grading, etc. therefore, many teachers don't take the days and just take a loss.
Doreen

Greensboro, NC

#2 May 19, 2010
The pressures of every day life these days are becoming very over whelming. People will not be able to take MUCH needed vacations because NO ONE can affrord time off without pay. This will effect people's performances on the job which will reflect unto our children. GOD help this world.
Gun Toter

Greensboro, NC

#3 May 19, 2010
Force you to take time off and force you to pay for your own sub ($55 a day) Got to love the education system
Jose Jiminez

Carthage, NC

#4 May 19, 2010
I say let the teachers teach. And let whiny parents that complain because their little angels are misunderstood kis tail. And unruly kids? Give 'em a good swat on the backside. I have heard parents say, "nobody gonna whip my child but me." That is the surest sign that there is a parent that WILL NOT spank their child. The same educational values that reared the 'greatest generation' would work today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forsyth County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Aggressive Dog Ordinance Possible In Forsyth Co... (Oct '07) May '17 Bug 16
Forsyth County Criminal Mugshots and Arrests Re... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Alexander 2
News Will Novant Health employees have to pass on su... (Sep '13) Sep '13 charles 1
News Incoming W-S police chief cleared in shooting o... (Jun '13) Jun '13 RCI 2
News Elkin police captain resigns for - personal rea... (May '13) May '13 Andrew 1
News NC jury trials could be waived in amendment change (May '13) May '13 Andrew 1
News Your View: Prayer without Jesus' name has no power (Feb '12) Jan '13 God is in Control 12
More from around the web