Debbie's case confirms that mental-health 'reform' failed - Winston-Salem (NC) Journal

Sep 7, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NC Mental Hope News

Debbie's case confirms that mental-health 'reform' failed - Winston-Salem Journal By Scott Sexton Journal Columnist To say that Bill Kisner is at his wits' end would barely begin to describe his frustration.

Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Sep 7, 2008
Derek

Maiden, NC

#1 Sep 7, 2008
Mr. Sexton,

It would be great if the reporters in this state knew how to do anything above "surface" research.

The state has de-funded reform long ago and it is almost impossible for a provider to provide services in this state without losing a substantial amount of money.

The system was in shambles before reform with government workers who had NO accountability. Many of the same workers went out and started private agencies. These are many of the NEW agencies your newspaper references.

Do you want to receive your healthcare and medical services from the government? Why don't you truly make your point by giving up the private insurance the Journal gives you and see if you could relate to taking away options and going back to the mess that was once "community mental health centers."

You're a joke

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forsyth County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Novant Health employees have to pass on su... (Sep '13) Sep '13 charles 1
Incoming W-S police chief cleared in shooting o... (Jun '13) Jun '13 RCI 2
Elkin police captain resigns for - personal rea... (May '13) May '13 Andrew 1
NC jury trials could be waived in amendment change (May '13) May '13 Andrew 1
Your View: Prayer without Jesus' name has no power (Feb '12) Jan '13 God is in Control 12
Same-sex couples ask for marriage licenses in NC (Jan '13) Jan '13 Anonymous 3
Awash in conflicting advice, elections board co... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Safetrucker 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Forsyth County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••