Dell Plant to Close Later This Year

Dell Plant to Close Later This Year

There are 14 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Sep 10, 2010, titled Dell Plant to Close Later This Year. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

Dell announced on Friday it will close its Forsyth County plant later this year, six weeks earlier than last announced.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

speakup2

Dobson, NC

#1 Sep 10, 2010
Way to go Dell, what a Great Christmas Present..
Tired of the BS

Greensboro, NC

#2 Sep 10, 2010
I lost my job thanks to Dell when they first announced they were leaving, then they stay open for another year. Now they are announcing another date when they are leaving. I say just leave now and let another company who wont give everybody the run around take it over. Waste of space for Dell to still be in that building.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#3 Sep 10, 2010
I can't wait until Connie chimes in on this one.
Wes

High Point, NC

#4 Sep 10, 2010
Screw Dell.
citizen lonnie

Greensboro, NC

#5 Sep 10, 2010
Dell PC's are priced too high.No one will buy them except big business. Now they wonder why they must close ther plant. GREED GREED GREED will cost you in the end.
Tonya

Utica, KY

#6 Sep 10, 2010
hum sounds like the same lame thing they said last year but remained open nearly a year after laying off all those people. Dell sucks
somewhere

Holly Springs, NC

#7 Sep 10, 2010
Good Riddance. My son purchased a dell laptop and had a problem with the earphone jack within 6 months dell said sorry charlie well look who gets the last laugh sorry for those who lost jobs but dell made inferior product had no customer service and was a dying company.no hard feelings here get the hell outa US.
Dave and Regina

Charlotte, NC

#8 Sep 10, 2010
The New Just Me wrote:
I can't wait until Connie chimes in on this one.
We were thinking the same thing. Connie continued to bash my husband on the last Dell Topix forum. She harrased us by calling David a drunk and former employee. What goes around comes around.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#9 Sep 11, 2010
Dave and Regina wrote:
<quoted text>We were thinking the same thing. Connie continued to bash my husband on the last Dell Topix forum. She harrased us by calling David a drunk and former employee. What goes around comes around.
I remember that so well. Connie and Jenny. How they used these topix to make the lunch time more memorable. I just feel for the Dell employee's who were able to stay working and provide for their family's.
opec

Lexington, NC

#10 Sep 11, 2010
Are we sure that Bret Farve isn't the owner of Dell?
opec

Lexington, NC

#11 Sep 11, 2010
citizen lonnie wrote:
Dell PC's are priced too high.No one will buy them except big business. Now they wonder why they must close ther plant. GREED GREED GREED will cost you in the end.
I own a Dell. And thet aren't only with big business. They, like Microsoft, Google, Facebook, and the tel-coms are in with the DHS and other government spy agencies.

Now, don't you feel safer knowing that?
iME

Winston Salem, NC

#12 Sep 11, 2010
I say just go and get the hell out..who care..hope the people find new jobs cause there are none here I can tell you that.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#13 Sep 11, 2010
What is wrong with you people? Dell is great!

Ok, I honestly couldn't type that line without busting out laughing.

You people should be ashamed. There are people in 3rd world countries waiting for these jobs. Where is your sense of patriotism and understanding?:)

I was somewhat embarrassed that our area was even associated with that company. Very glad they are on the way out. I hate that the employees are losing their jobs, but with a company like that it was only a matter of time.
opec

Lexington, NC

#14 Sep 12, 2010
-a-a-a- wrote:
What is wrong with you people? Dell is great!
Ok, I honestly couldn't type that line without busting out laughing.
You people should be ashamed. There are people in 3rd world countries waiting for these jobs. Where is your sense of patriotism and understanding?:)
I was somewhat embarrassed that our area was even associated with that company. Very glad they are on the way out. I hate that the employees are losing their jobs, but with a company like that it was only a matter of time.
I've got to agree with you there, on all counts. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forsyth County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Forsyth County Criminal Mugshots and Arrests Re... Oct '16 Alexander 2
News Will Novant Health employees have to pass on su... (Sep '13) Sep '13 charles 1
News Incoming W-S police chief cleared in shooting o... (Jun '13) Jun '13 RCI 2
News Elkin police captain resigns for - personal rea... (May '13) May '13 Andrew 1
News NC jury trials could be waived in amendment change (May '13) May '13 Andrew 1
News Your View: Prayer without Jesus' name has no power (Feb '12) Jan '13 God is in Control 12
News Same-sex couples ask for marriage licenses in NC (Jan '13) Jan '13 Anonymous 3
More from around the web