FMS Principal Yardley Farquharson verbally abusing students on first day

Posted in the Fluvanna County Forum

Furious Parent

Bassett, VA

#1 Aug 13, 2013
My child came home yesterday upset after her first day at the middle school. She said the new principal screamed and yelled at students getting off the bus, and yelled at the kids for over 15 minutes before allowing them to eat, and was so mad that they didn't finish on time (she cut lunch to only 25 minutes already) that she took away their microwaves saying heating food was a privilege. She said one girl was crying so hard that she had to be helped from the lunchroom. Children are not allowed to talk in the halls and have only 3 minutes to get to class so she was afraid to go to the bathroom all day. This so called principal even took recess away.
My daughter loves school, and she kept talking about how wonderful her teachers were, helping her when she couldn't find her schedule, reassuring her, and she is really excited about her classes. She talked about her science teacher being so nice, and how her history teacher was so cool that he even made talking about the class rules so funny she couldn't stop laughing, but she is deathly afraid she will accidently do something wrong and get sent to the principal. This is from a girl that has never ever gotten in any trouble at school.
I asked her if she wanted to stay home today, and she said no, but she wished that I could go in and take her from class to class so she could be with the teachers she already loves after only one day, so I could protect her from the principal.
What kind of school is the middle school that a good girl like my daughter begs to go to classes, but begs for protection from the principal? Screaming at children before they have even entered the building for the first day of school hardly seems like educational leadership, and I intend to go to Wednesday's school board meeting to get some answers about this woman.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fluvanna County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scottsville Man Arrested for Homicide, Child Abuse Aug '14 test 1
UPDATED: Sheriff's Office Investigating Disappe... Jul '14 Robin Floyd 1
Should FMS Principal Yardley Farquharson be fir... Apr '14 Amazed 1
Fluvanna Corrections Officer Arrested, Indicted... (Mar '12) Mar '14 LT BLAND MANIPULA... 77
Questions about ARC hall (Jan '14) Jan '14 Carley Bantz 1
Route 53 Turn Lanes Up For Discussion - NBC29 W... (Apr '12) Nov '13 Christine 26
Fluvanna BOS Holds Public Hearing on Proposed D... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Mason 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Fluvanna County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••