Waynesboro Fundraising for Campground...

Waynesboro Fundraising for Campground Shelter Upgrade

There are 2 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from May 13, 2013, titled Waynesboro Fundraising for Campground Shelter Upgrade. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

The city of Waynesboro is kicking off a fundraising campaign to upgrade its campground for hikers following the Appalachian Trail.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

John R

Charlottesville, VA

#1 May 14, 2013
An additional enhancement should be seriously considered.

Hikers traveling with companion animals can not be served meals in Waynesboro if they are accompanied by their companions - even if they are using outdoor dining areas. this unfriendly atmosphere is supported by health department "rules".

If hikers wish to eat with their companions, the must trek to Staunton or Charlottesville. Seems the health departments in those communities have found more supportive "rules" and allow businesses to capitalize on a more friendly environment.
confused

Waynesboro, VA

#2 May 14, 2013
If true on the dog rule, that does need some changing. However, I eat semi-regularly at a local establishment that has outdoor seating and have observed well behaved dogs along side their owners without problem. Have you actually confirmed this information with any city officials, or is this a rumor floating about?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fluvanna County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fluvanna County teacher makes Republican childr... Mar 30 Outraged 1
News Staiger Seeks Fluvanna County School Board Seat... (Sep '17) Nov '17 A Person in the Know 12
News Shopping Center Headed for Palmyra (Sep '10) Sep '17 Sick of Libs 3
Prison Officers Alone (Sep '17) Sep '17 Prison Officers A... 1
News Fluvanna BOS Holds Public Hearing on Proposed D... (Oct '13) Sep '17 Mike 2
Corrections Officer (Aug '16) Aug '16 Corrections Officer 1
News Police Find City Woman On I-64 (Jan '16) Jan '16 Debra 1