Search continues for 50-year-old woman

Search continues for 50-year-old woman

There are 19 comments on the Clinch Valley News story from Jan 9, 2010, titled Search continues for 50-year-old woman. In it, Clinch Valley News reports that:

Three counties are now involved in the search for Letisha Faust. The 50-year-old Patrick County woman has been missing since December 9. Last week, a major break through in the case was made when her Honda Accord was discovered on Walnut Knob New Year's eve.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Clinch Valley News.

Anne Russell PhD

Waxhaw, NC

#1 Jan 10, 2010
Tish Faust was a family friend of mine in Wilmington NC before she moved away. She was beautiful, highly intelligent, creative, and charming. I am distressed by the news that she is so long missing, and my heart breaks for her mother, for Tish is her only child. I hope this mystery is soon solved, and Tish emerges alive and well, despite the way things now appear.
carol hartsog

Dover, NC

#2 Jan 12, 2010
glad to see your comment. i hoped to generate some discussion in this vein when i created a facebook page http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php...
"finding tish faust"
the only other comment i had seen so far was from the tuggle's gap waitress at one of the local news outlet's page. if friend's, acquaintance's and community member's thoughts and ideas could be combined, maybe we could parse out some answers, if not clues about tish's disappearance. she is a dear of friend of mine too. i haven't spoken to her recently but now i think of her constantly.
Anne Russell

Waxhaw, NC

#3 Jan 12, 2010
Hi, Carol. How I wish we who knew Tish could sit down and piece together the clues. How long did you know Tish? You may reach me by email at [email protected]
Anne
Anne Russell

Waxhaw, NC

#4 Jan 28, 2010
Does anyone have news of Tish Faust? I cannot believe it is this long and no further information is available.
Marie

Roanoke, VA

#5 Jan 28, 2010
Anne Russell wrote:
Does anyone have news of Tish Faust? I cannot believe it is this long and no further information is available.
We went up to Walnut Knob late yesterday to drop off some items as we've been remodeling a cabin we purchased there Oct. 1. The rea is remote with farms and a sprinkling of cabins with beautiful mountain views. Truly a peaceful setting right off the parkway. The sheriff department personnel were driving out and we asked about the search. We live in Roanoke and there's been some news coverage locally though nothing in the past few weeks. They confirmed they're still searching for Letisha Faust's body and focusing on the ponds close by. I asked whether we should be concerned about our safety when in the area and whether her disappearance is being investigated as a homicide since I've seen some media reports online with references to mental health issues. We were told that the investigation could take one of many turns and they are hopeful they'll soon recover a body. I don't know your friend though I'm sorry for the anguish this must be causing her family and friends. If we hear of anything more I'll be happy to e-mail if you directly if preferable. My e-mail is [email protected]
L Turner

Asheboro, NC

#6 Jan 31, 2010
I heard on the evening news that a body has been recovered in Charlotte, NC this week-end. They are researching list of missing persons. -- Doubt if it's Tish but I hope they investigate....
Anne

Waxhaw, NC

#7 Feb 1, 2010
L Turner wrote:
I heard on the evening news that a body has been recovered in Charlotte, NC this week-end. They are researching list of missing persons.-- Doubt if it's Tish but I hope they investigate....
Hi,Lin, good to see you again on Topix. This freezing weather can't be a help in the search for Tish. See email I just sent you. Anne
Anne

Waxhaw, NC

#8 Feb 1, 2010
More: CUE Center for Missing Persons will take on Tish as a missing person case if her mother will provide a photo, police report, and other information. If anyone talks to Dorothy, please tell her this and/or have her call me. She has my phone number. Anne
Anne

Waxhaw, NC

#9 Feb 20, 2010
Any further information about Tish?
L Turner

Asheboro, NC

#10 Mar 19, 2010
I read that the search at the pond has now been completed and the searchers came up empty.

We've had good response getting the word out around here. We placed her picture under Announcements on www.MyTrain.biz . But, to my knowledge, nobody has been able to help the investigators.
Anne

Wilmington, NC

#11 Mar 19, 2010
A PI friend and a cop friend of mine both speculate that, according to the known evidence, Tish has been abducted by a man posing as a law enforcement officer, whom she encountered somewhere on her trip home from Stuart with a stop at the Rocky Knob overlook. They feel she has been killed and her body disposed of elsewhere than where her car was found. Have there been any reports of someone in that area impersonating a sheriff's deputy or highway patrolman?
L Turner

Asheboro, NC

#12 Mar 20, 2010
I believe there is a plan to search on foot near where Tish's car was located.

Her shoe was located near there, too -- I think I remember something to that affect in the news.

I don't recall hearing of any cases around here with people impersonating law enforecement. Thanks for the heads up...

It seems there should have been someone that saw them and we could at least know what direction they headed.....
FYI

Asheboro, NC

#13 Mar 20, 2010
Missing From Virginia.....?

1. Aug 28 2009 Heidi Childs and David Metzler
2. Oct 10, 2009 Cassandra Morton
3. Oct 17, 2009 Morgan Dana Harrington
4. Dec 9 2009 Letisha "Tish" Faust
5. Dec 15 2009 Brenda Eades
6. Dec 19 2009 Michael Lesly Green
7. Dec 30 2009 Kristan Fox
8. Jan 15 2010 Kelly Catalano
9. Jan 24 2010 Joan Renee Cook
10. Jan 25 2010 Jill Edmonds
11. Feb 8 2010 Barry Keys
12. Feb 11 2010 Eleanor Salotto
13. Feb 14 2010 Ronald Lee Riggs
14. Feb 19 2010 Dennis Nevitt
Friend of the Family

Bremerton, WA

#14 Mar 20, 2010
Anne wrote:
A PI friend and a cop friend of mine both speculate that, according to the known evidence, Tish has been abducted by a man posing as a law enforcement officer, whom she encountered somewhere on her trip home from Stuart with a stop at the Rocky Knob overlook. They feel she has been killed and her body disposed of elsewhere than where her car was found. Have there been any reports of someone in that area impersonating a sheriff's deputy or highway patrolman?
I don't think you should be adding your asinine "speculations". Everyone has their opinions of what happened but the investigating officers are the ones with REAL EVIDENCE
Anne

Wilmington, NC

#15 Mar 20, 2010
I'm also a longtime "friend of the family" as well as a member of the extended family. Your use of the word "asinine" is hostile and inappropriate. Thus far, the "investigating officers" have not solved the disappearance of Tish with their "real evidence" and request has been made for public input, which I have made on Topix.
I don't know who you are, but I suggest you take a deep breath, calm down, and post something useful rather than insulting. Sounds like you have an ax to grind. Do you impersonate law enforcement officers?
Friend of the Family wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you should be adding your asinine "speculations". Everyone has their opinions of what happened but the investigating officers are the ones with REAL EVIDENCE
FYI

Asheboro, NC

#16 Mar 21, 2010
Anne wrote:
I'm also a longtime "friend of the family" as well as a member of the extended family. Your use of the word "asinine" is hostile and inappropriate. Thus far, the "investigating officers" have not solved the disappearance of Tish with their "real evidence" and request has been made for public input, which I have made on Topix.
I don't know who you are, but I suggest you take a deep breath, calm down, and post something useful rather than insulting. Sounds like you have an ax to grind. Do you impersonate law enforcement officers?
<quoted text>
I agree with Anne. We can express our opinions without judgement and your reactive posture provokes ill will in the midst of a very difficult time. It's as if you are campaigning for a certain response. The only thing certain here is that Tish is missing. So, please relax a bit and go somewhere else if you are trying to manipulate responses.

Here,we support each other in our grief while praying for a good outcome.
Amme

Wilmington, NC

#17 Mar 21, 2010
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with Anne. We can express our opinions without judgement and your reactive posture provokes ill will in the midst of a very difficult time. It's as if you are campaigning for a certain response. The only thing certain here is that Tish is missing. So, please relax a bit and go somewhere else if you are trying to manipulate responses.
Here,we support each other in our grief while praying for a good outcome.
The body found on the first day of spring, very near where Tish' car was found at the start of this year 2010, is yet to be ID'd but we have little doubt it is Tish. Had that area been well searched at the time the car was found, or better still, had the search for Tish begun the day after she vanished on December 9, she might have been found alive or at least her body not lain exposed to the elements for 3 l/2 long, agonizing months. May all our thoughts be with her mother Dorothy at this time, and may we all cherish our loved ones each and every day.
Amme

Wilmington, NC

#18 Mar 21, 2010
I mistyped my name: it is Anne.
L Turner

Asheboro, NC

#19 Mar 22, 2010
Thank you, Anne.

My thoughts and prayers are with Dorothy at this time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Floyd County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for an old friend: heather carter May '15 old friend 1
News Floyd man wins division in senior golf tournament (Sep '09) Apr '15 Lauren 2
dosie?? (Jan '10) Jun '11 someone 2
hi (Jan '09) Jan '09 UNONE 1
barbara acrees (Dec '08) Dec '08 lulu 1
News Manhunt continues for man who shot state troope... (Mar '08) Mar '08 Jonas Grumby 6
More from around the web