Former newspaper publisher arrested in Finney County

There are 20 comments on the The Garden City Telegram story from Jan 23, 2010, titled Former newspaper publisher arrested in Finney County. In it, The Garden City Telegram reports that:

A Ulysses man already facing charges in Grant County has been arrested in connection with five felonies in Finney County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Garden City Telegram.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
concerned citizen

Hugoton, KS

#1 Jan 24, 2010
Wow! When is this guy going to be stopped.
norma

Moscow, KS

#2 Jan 24, 2010
He will be stopped when you stop talking... which will be never.:)

“Defending your right to speech”

Since: Jan 08

Ulysses, Ks which makes me sad

#3 Jan 24, 2010
Nice that they had to do it in Garden and not here.
I told you so

Moscow, KS

#4 Jan 26, 2010
I told you this was coming. Sorry Moral girls but your parents are scum. They had to do it there because the Hathaways are criminals also.

Since: Dec 07

Ulysses, KS

#5 Jan 26, 2010
I told you so wrote:
I told you this was coming. Sorry Moral girls but your parents are scum. They had to do it there because the Hathaways are criminals also.
perfectly stated
really youjackass

Hugoton, KS

#6 Jan 26, 2010
brainy_smurf wrote:
<quoted text>
perfectly stated
whatever

#7 Jan 26, 2010
Ah, Bach.
Sharrie

North Newton, KS

#8 Jan 27, 2010
You all will see ... soon... very soon

Ulysses, KS

#9 Jan 27, 2010
really youjackass wrote:
<quoted text>whatever
Are you his buddy from Hugoton that bailed him out of jail last time?
kc man

Bedminster, NJ

#11 Feb 8, 2010
Thats right go to jail an rot
Honest Joe

Ulysses, KS

#12 Feb 21, 2010
I hope they rot in jail and they take the stinking criminal Hathaways with them.
concerned citizen

Hugoton, KS

#13 Mar 3, 2010
What happened to the Carlos posts???????
haha

North Newton, KS

#14 Mar 3, 2010
hahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa a :) It is about time:)
wanting justice

Hugoton, KS

#15 Mar 4, 2010
What happened in court? March 1st????????
concerned citizen

Hugoton, KS

#16 Mar 6, 2010
wanting justice wrote:
What happened in court? March 1st????????
Yea what happened?
hello

Ulysses, KS

#17 Mar 6, 2010
Continued until March 26
concerned citizen

Hugoton, KS

#18 Mar 26, 2010
hello wrote:
Continued until March 26
Does anyone know what happened????

Ulysses, KS

#19 Mar 26, 2010
not much, he does have another new car sitting in his garage though. no idea how he keeps doing it

#20 Mar 26, 2010
Amazing what momma and daddy can do now.
concerned citizen

Hugoton, KS

#21 Mar 27, 2010
Preliminary hearing begins for Ulysses man
Published 3/27/2010 in Local News
By RACHAEL GRAY
rgray@gctelegram.com
ULYSSES -- Carlos Moral, a Ulysses businessman charged with 29 felonies in Grant County, appeared in district court Friday for a preliminary hearing.
A former business associate of Moral's, his former tax preparer and two bank officials testified. Because of time constraints, a second full day for the hearing has been set for May 14.
The Kansas Attorney General's Office charged Moral in July 2009 with three counts of theft, three counts of making false information and 23 counts of giving a worthless check. The criminal complaint alleges that Moral, who started The Grant County Gazette in April 2006 in downtown Ulysses with his wife, Julie, stole $196,800 from Richard Dudley, who owns The Movies, a local theater about a block from the newspaper office.
From December 2006 through April 2008, Moral allegedly wrote 23 worthless checks to Dudley totaling $234,508, according to court documents. Two checks were written for $67,000 each to Richard Dudley from Moral in December 2006 and January 2007, court documents allege, while the remaining checks were written for amounts of $10,000 or less.
Kristy Turner, assistant manager of Bank of America, Liberal, testified Friday that Moral, acting as M&M Investors, had written numerous checks. She said for more than a month, the account in question had a negative balance. The account had been flagged and frozen, she said.
Darrell Cockrum, chairman of Johnson State Bank, also testified Friday that Moral had written numerous bad checks from October 2007 to November 2007, the largest in an amount of more than $18,000.
Cockrum said the account was revised in July 2008 to remove Moral's signature from the signer card on the account, and Julie Moral remained.

http://www.gctelegram.com/news/moral-prelimin...

WOW!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Finney County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 29 Arrested In Garden City Gang Crackdown, 4 Ot... (Jun '13) Feb '15 Chungus 4
News Fair gearing up to deliver some fun (Aug '11) Aug '11 had fun 1
News Ulysses man bound over for trial (Jul '10) Nov '10 What is going on 13
News Kan. gov, utility CEO announce deal on coal pla... (May '09) Oct '10 Brain_G 64
News Coal plant permit on track (Sep '10) Sep '10 GEEWIZ 5
News County now majority-minority population (May '09) Feb '10 Mr Wizard 3
News Police make two marijuana arrests (Jul '09) Jul '09 DAMN 1
More from around the web