War hero's home, history entertain annually

Sep 14, 2008 Full story: The Tennessean

PALL MALL, TENN. - North of Crossville and south of the Kentucky line, rugged Fentress County grows in fame for its beauty and many miles of horseback riding trails, but one native's name has garnered ...

Read more
dukeofhighpoint

Penn Valley, CA

#1 Sep 15, 2008
My grandfather knew Sgt Alvin York. He knew him when he was young before he went into the Army. He said he was the best shot in Fentress or Pickett County. He also said he was very honest. He was rough before he joined the church, but once he did he was a strong christian. I agree with his son, it was what he did for Fentress County when he came back and how he used his fame to benifit all of his community is what really made him a great man and a great Tennessean. He could have made a lot of money and left but he chose not to but to stay in his community and serve the people he grew up with. He He is more than a war hero, he is a real American Hero and a true son of Tennessee.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fentress County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gordon cravens (Mar '12) Mar 19 Bridgette cravens 5
News Fentress Co. economy may depend on empty busine... (Apr '09) Feb '15 just saying 9
Denver hall??? Feb '15 Browneye 1
News Jeremy Wright Dec '14 Brandon Crump 1
dr. doug smith.....appointments (Jan '08) Oct '14 jbg 16
Conatser family of Fentress Co., TN (Mar '08) Oct '14 Ann 51
Rental properties next to home and land owners (Sep '14) Sep '14 garret 1
More from around the web