Murder investigation in Fentress County

Murder investigation in Fentress County

There are 34 comments on the WBIR-TV story from Oct 28, 2011, titled Murder investigation in Fentress County. In it, WBIR-TV reports that:

According to Kristin Helm, TBI spokesperson, their agents responded around 2:30 Friday morning to a home at 594 Fairground Road in Jamestown.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR-TV.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
imo

Cosby, TN

#1 Oct 28, 2011
Sure is a lot of murders lately.
family friend

Cookeville, TN

#2 Oct 28, 2011
asking for all to pray for the family. i know the family and they are having a hard time with this.. please everyone respect them and leave the names off here. please.. praying
confused

United States

#3 Oct 28, 2011
Did a wife murder her own husband???
bean

United States

#4 Oct 28, 2011
What happend I live right down the road was it a robbery
Concerned

Cookeville, TN

#5 Oct 28, 2011
It was ex-wife and her boyfriend according to channel six news . The husband was Johnathon Garrett. His wife is Tina Garrett. So very sad for his family especially the kids. This family does need prayer and quick justice.
you dont know me

United States

#6 Oct 29, 2011
I knew both of them and was friends with the Exwife in high school. U would never expect this to happen. Watch out for the queit ones!
sickens me

United States

#7 Oct 30, 2011
I went to school with both of them as well... this is so sad for Johnathan's family and the children. I can not believe that Tina would do that! It absolutly shocks me! And I didn't know the sometimes boyfriend. But I hope and pray that justice is served, I hope they both get life in prision without the possibility of parole. The whole thing just sickens me... and now those poor children are left orphans...
well

United States

#8 Oct 30, 2011
family friend wrote:
asking for all to pray for the family. i know the family and they are having a hard time with this.. please everyone respect them and leave the names off here. please.. praying
It doesn't really matter if people put names or not. They are already in the news story.
family friend

Cookeville, TN

#9 Oct 30, 2011
well wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't really matter if people put names or not. They are already in the news story.
i was refering to the childern
yeah

Nashville, TN

#10 Nov 1, 2011
sickens me wrote:
I went to school with both of them as well... this is so sad for Johnathan's family and the children. I can not believe that Tina would do that! It absolutly shocks me! And I didn't know the sometimes boyfriend. But I hope and pray that justice is served, I hope they both get life in prision without the possibility of parole. The whole thing just sickens me... and now those poor children are left orphans...
Why not the death penalty?
hurtandsad

Cookeville, TN

#11 Nov 1, 2011
yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not the death penalty?
i will agree they both need to get the death penalty.
momma

Jamestown, TN

#12 Nov 1, 2011
So what exactly happened??
momma

Jamestown, TN

#13 Nov 1, 2011
i use to work with her at mickey d's
Sam

Cookeville, TN

#14 Nov 1, 2011
You never know anymore, sad thing.
well

Nashville, TN

#15 Nov 1, 2011
hurtandsad wrote:
<quoted text>i will agree they both need to get the death penalty.
I agree, too. They don't need a slap on the wrist for this! Too many times these days the punishment doesn't fit the crime. A man's life is forever gone, and his children have no father.
momma

Jamestown, TN

#16 Nov 1, 2011
Well, I knew both of them. I dont honestly understand how tina could have done that. It jus doesnt seem like her. I jus seen them at the fair in august and everything seemed fine. but i dont know. i just dont understand how she could do that to the father of her children i mean its crazy.

Since: Nov 11

Cookeville, TN

#17 Nov 1, 2011
you know i know that them 2 deserved to go to jail but what i dont understand is why the hell TBI didnt come in when tabatha got hung even the police said she didnt do it her self so why the hell dont they have someone in jail for that shit i'm tired of sitting back and watching this town go to hell and it all these cops around here thats doing it. instead of them sitting back doing there drugs they need to be strighting this town out. they wanna build a damn justice center but thats not gonna do any good with all the same druged up cops around here they only wanna bust who they wanna bust and come down everyone but there sniches and there families when in fact i know quite a few cops around here and there families do, buy, and sell a lot of drugs and thats the ones that never get caught so before they go to sleep they need to think that tabatha's killer or killers are still out there getting by with what they did and thinking they will never get caught but unfortuntly they will and i hope to god they never get to see daylight again
surfboy

Cookeville, TN

#18 Nov 2, 2011
i dont see how davis girl killed herself by strangling with a phone cord while in jail in 1997.
Country girl at heart

Saluda, SC

#19 Nov 2, 2011
Locked & ready to go-your post in somewhat confusing. When did this "suicide" occur? It is up to the Sheriff to call TBI in anytime a death is questionable. As for saying the "cops" and families are on drugs, selling drugs etc. are you referring to the current cops or current deputies? I had a friend's daughter who supposedly committed suicide in July 2010 (before Choate)- shot herself in the chest with a shotgun that she didn't own. When TBI asked for the gun it was gone-never entered into evidence. Clothing was returned to her mother by the funeral home. No tests were ever done. There certainly were more than a couple deaths labeled suicide in previous years but please do not label all law enforcement as druggies.
oh my

Cookeville, TN

#20 Nov 2, 2011
locked-and-ready-to-go wrote:
you know i know that them 2 deserved to go to jail but what i dont understand is why the hell TBI didnt come in when tabatha got hung even the police said she didnt do it her self so why the hell dont they have someone in jail for that shit i'm tired of sitting back and watching this town go to hell and it all these cops around here thats doing it. instead of them sitting back doing there drugs they need to be strighting this town out. they wanna build a damn justice center but thats not gonna do any good with all the same druged up cops around here they only wanna bust who they wanna bust and come down everyone but there sniches and there families when in fact i know quite a few cops around here and there families do, buy, and sell a lot of drugs and thats the ones that never get caught so before they go to sleep they need to think that tabatha's killer or killers are still out there getting by with what they did and thinking they will never get caught but unfortuntly they will and i hope to god they never get to see daylight again
Sounds like you need to call the DEA and report that all the law enforcement officers are on drugs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fentress County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
beware of dale fulks presure pro painting (May '15) Jan 15 Catdod 3
Pine Haven School told by Mike Jones to take do... (Mar '12) Jan 5 Respect all relig... 12
Johnny and Jeff Brannon (Jul '13) Jan 1 Duck head 81 3
Beware!!! (Jan '16) Jan 1 Shut the fk up 4
Conatser family of Fentress Co., TN (Mar '08) Jan 1 Country Girl 33 60
Did you hear Perry Stockton passed away the 23r... Nov '16 InformMe 1
alive in the spirit south Oct '16 downunder1872 1
More from around the web