Conatser family of Fentress Co., TN
honey bee

Gainesboro, TN

#41 Jul 9, 2013
Grace Schwartz wrote:
<quoted text>
Larry Dale -George Conatser was married twice -James Hiram and David were born to Rebecca Matthews first marriage
The second one was Georage to Rebecca Massingale and they had Rosetta and Albert That is why Geroge was not in censes for period of time I am from the Matthews side and Rebecca was my grandfathers aunt. Nothing like the same name to get us confussed.
Have not been working on genealogy for awhile but getting back into it. I leave the z off my e-mail Grace
david conasters kids were. philip, john sarah mary george abraham james and david dwitt conaster.
theses are my family
honey bee

Gainesboro, TN

#42 Jul 9, 2013
janey Mary Jane wrote:
<quoted text> My great grandmother was Mary Jane Conatser, I was named for her, we have absolutely no information on that side of the family, not sure if it's the same one, we're from Crossville, Tn., grandmother was Flora Olive Story, married Alford Keaton Beaty. Interestingly, was at a family reunion (other side of the family) and saw signs for a Conatser family reunion at the same park, we were going to stop in afterward, but they'd already gone.
im kin to you. my great grand parents were william and rosetta potter. the mary jane conaster i have married john crockett in 1902 and the kids are francie mary luther opha. if you know these people i have family tree. mary jane conaster s dad was david dewitt conaster here mother was luella smith. they had 4 kids. james sid mary jane and balaam barlow conaster. sid conaster married elva copley witch sid and elva are my mothers aunt and uncle. my grandpa was elva brother alvie copley i have a lot of family infor.
honey bee

Gainesboro, TN

#43 Jul 9, 2013
digginupbones wrote:
My great-great-grandmother was Mary Jane (Conatser) Livingston. Her parents were Philip and Melissa Conatser. Philip's parents were David and Elizabeth (Reagan) Conatser. Philip had a brother, John Palser Conatser, who fought in the Civil War. Do any of those names sound familiar? I realize there are many Conatsers in TN, but I wasn't sure where to start. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
these are my great great great grandparents
a mom

Gainesboro, TN

#44 Aug 16, 2013
Honey Bee do you know where Luella Smith was from?I can't find any information on her side of family.She and David were my husbands great grandparents.
honey bee

Cookeville, TN

#45 Sep 2, 2013
a mom wrote:
Honey Bee do you know where Luella Smith was from?I can't find any information on her side of family.She and David were my husbands great grandparents.
i don't know where she is from i do know that luella smith married dacid dweitt conaster their kids are sid james mary jane balaam barlow conaster. sid conaster was married to elva conaster who are my great anut and uncle. if my records are right
honey bee

Cookeville, TN

#46 Sep 2, 2013
a mom wrote:
a mom i found some information on luella smith she was born dec 1 1863 in tennessee. she died dec 9 in fentress county she is burned at jamestown city cemetery injamestown tn.
kermiatta conatser

United States

#47 Sep 13, 2013
I have the family tree for the john palser conatser. I am of that family.My grandfather was wilburn conatserand my father was douglas McAuther conatser.
E P Wortham

Lawton, OK

#48 Oct 15, 2013
My great-grandfather was John Buchanan Phillips. His first wife was Jane Louisiana Conatser; they had several children before she died in 1903. He then married Laura Ann Karr-Nichols; widowed with three children. Together John and Laura had four daughters; the oldest was my maternal grandmother.

The children of the blended family were raised together and since the Phillips-Conatser children were half-siblings to my grandmother, Conatser is one of the lineages I am pursuing information on.

Please respond to my personal email address epwortham@yahoo.com if you can or cannot assist. Thanking you.
Carlie Conatser

Celina, TN

#49 Oct 20, 2014
Larry Dale Conatser wrote:
I am a real Conatser. I can get you some true information.
Then pls do so. My father was Williem Conatser that died in 1989 we live on the fairgrounds rd in jamestown tn can u help me I don't no my family I no my grandmother his mother was Mertal Pullins my name is Carlie ) Carlos E Conatser
Carlie Conatser

Celina, TN

#50 Oct 20, 2014
John McDonald wrote:
From what I have seen John Palser Conatser (Johann Baltazer Knortzer after anglicizing) fought at the battle of Kings Mountain In the revolution he would have been 115 at the time of the Civil war, he also signed on at Knoxville to fight the Indians for 6 months before going to Wayne KY and then onto Fentress.
There is a great quote in the "History of fentress county" where president McKinley received a gift of a John Palser's powder horn from George Conatser . I would recite it but I wouldn't do it justice it is worth the read. But I do have a question for somebody. My Wife's Great Great grandfather was William Conatser from Fentress and there were two Williams that fought for the union does anybody know if he fought for the 9th or the 11th ? he was the son of Andrew Conatser born 1839. any help would be appreciated.
My father was Williem Conatser and he had a father named Clawd Conatser I think his other name was Williem but not sure my grandmother my dad's mom was Mertal Pullins pls help me locate my family my mother was Hessie Hayes my father Williem passed away in 1989 from his heart
Ann

Livingston, TN

#51 Oct 21, 2014
Carlie was your dad Carlos William Conatser born June 14, 1952 and died Dec.14, 1989? He is buried in Taylor Cemetery. Hessie Hayes born March 7, 1941 in Fentress County died Jan. 9,2013 buried in Taylor Cemetery. Grandfather Claude Conatser born Feb.1928 died Sept.1987. Buried in Hickory Hill Cemetery. Grandmother Myrtle Pullins born Dec,18, 1928, died DEc.18, 1979 Coopertown Cemetery.Go to the Fentress County Web. site And click on Bruce York. You can find all kinds of things about your family.
None ya

Celina, TN

#52 Apr 7, 2015
Ann wrote:
Carlie was your dad Carlos William Conatser born June 14, 1952 and died Dec.14, 1989? He is buried in Taylor Cemetery. Hessie Hayes born March 7, 1941 in Fentress County died Jan. 9,2013 buried in Taylor Cemetery. Grandfather Claude Conatser born Feb.1928 died Sept.1987. Buried in Hickory Hill Cemetery. Grandmother Myrtle Pullins born Dec,18, 1928, died DEc.18, 1979 Coopertown Cemetery.Go to the Fentress County Web. site And click on Bruce York. You can find all kinds of things about your family.
Yes all that is true that would be my family.. Thank you so much. I live in Comptans bottom close to Cooperstown just saw my grandmas grave this past year. I have a son 15 and a little girl who's five
A Mom

Gainesboro, TN

#53 Apr 12, 2015
Carle , your grandmother Ollie and uncle Danny may be able to help you find where some of your family are buried. You can also go to Fentress County web site and punch in Bruce York
Mklloydattwc

Louisville, KY

#54 Dec 2, 2015
honey bee wrote:
<quoted text> im kin to you. my great grand parents were william and rosetta potter. the mary jane conaster i have married john crockett in 1902 and the kids are francie mary luther opha. if you know these people i have family tree. mary jane conaster s dad was david dewitt conaster here mother was luella smith. they had 4 kids. james sid mary jane and balaam barlow conaster. sid conaster married elva copley witch sid and elva are my mothers aunt and uncle. my grandpa was elva brother alvie copley i have a lot of family infor.
My grandfather was Luther M. Conatser. He married Anna Mae Hill who dies at 21. He was from Glenmary, Tn. He had a sister named Pearl. Do you know anything about that side of Conatsers.?
A mom

Gainesboro, TN

#55 Jan 5, 2016
Look on Bruce York ancestery in jamestown. There isn't much on him,but Anna mae Hill has more on her family.
Charlie Wilson

Azusa, CA

#56 Dec 7, 2016
Larry Dale Conatser wrote:
You need to verify what information is given to you. Most public records about me is wrong. I have never used the name Larwence, yet it is everywhere. On many family trees they list my great-granddad as being married to a Westmoreland. This is impossible because James shows on the Censuses at two places at the same time. As best as I can tell my great-grandfather would be Albert's uncle. There is a lot of confusion. So a word of caution. Verify, verify, and verify.
My grandfather was Charles Andrew Wilson Conatser
He married Candelaria Juarez Hidalgo Della.

My dad is their son Benjamin Franklin Wilson
Billyvan

Troy, IL

#57 Dec 26, 2016
Hello
I am trying to find a picture of my great grandmother.
Tennessee Elizabeth Conaster born 1855 died 09/01/1923
Married to my great grandfather James Austin Fite born 12/1853 died 12/19/1944.
I have been looking for her picture for some 30 years.
Thanks
Bill Fite
Billyvan

Troy, IL

#58 Jan 1, 2017
I am the the great grand son of Tennessee Frances Elizabeth Conaster. She was the daughter of Andrew Henry and Mary Poly Huckabee Conaster.
Does any one have any pictures of her or her family.
Thanks
Bill Bite
Country Girl 33

Media, PA

#59 Jan 1, 2017
digginupbones wrote:
I am researching my family history, and I'm looking for any members of the Conatser family who could help provide information and/or pictures on our ancestors. I would appreciate any help ...
&#9734;&#9734;&#97 34;&#9734;&#9734;& #9734;&#9734;&#9734; &#9734;&#9734;&#97 34;&#9734;&#9734;& #9734;&#9734;&#9734; &#9734;&#9734;&#97 34;&#9734;&#9734;& #9734;
MY NAME IS Carlos Emily Conatser they always called me Carlie growing up so it stuck. I am the daughter of Carlos (Williem ) Conatser and Hessie Hayes. My grandfather on my dad's side I only met once on his death bed in IN. His name was Clawd Conatser and my father's mother was Mertal Pullin . I don't really know much about my father's side of the family only a few members . If any formation you find please share with me. I'm on face book under *
(Carlie Jones) thank you
Country Girl 33

Media, PA

#60 Jan 1, 2017
A JamesKanatzer came to Jamestown in War II from Germany and was the first Conatser to settle in Fentress Co. The last name and spelling years later were changed from Konatzer to Conatser .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fentress County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Life, legacy of Tennessee WWI hero Alvin York t... 18 hr Alvin Died Broke 4
News Man calls sheriff to confess murder (Jul '15) Feb 18 A friend of Kay M... 2
Using men for money Jan 23 Wants to kw 2
Democrat Sen. Schumer: Dealing With Republican ... Jan 22 Eric Mack 1
Chrissy Pratt Jan '18 Wants to kw 1
Jimmy hamby Jan '18 Oldschool 1
News Crime 21 mins ago 5:08 p.m.TBI: 2 found dead in... Jan '18 Sadness 7
More from around the web